more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 03/12/21...

Started by WhiteJC, December 03, 2021, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Seri: 'I want to pay Fulham back'

Jean-Michael Seri wants to repay Fulham for the faith they showed in him by leading the Whites back to the Premier League – and he hopes to prove a point to former manager Scott Parker tomorrow night.

Marco Silva's side face Bournemouth in a clash of the Championship's top two at Craven Cottage and the Ivorian playmaker is keen to display his talent after Parker denied him the opportunity of a second chance in a Fulham shirt. Seri was frustrated to be left out of Fulham's 25-man Premier League squad after returning from loan last season, but is making up for lost time under new boss Marco Silva.

The former Nice midfielder told the Sun that it took a while for him to adjust to English football and that he was bitterly disappointed with his performances in his first season in London:

"I felt a lot of expectation when I joined. The Fulham fans had heard about me almost joining Barcelona so thought I would help them stay in the Premier League. Unfortunately things didn't go as we all wanted. The club spent a lot of money for me and expected better from me. I didn't give back something.. I must give the club something back for that investment so I'm glad to be doing so now.

When you first come to England, it can be difficult. We can see this with a lot of players who come from different countries because it's very different here to other leagues. What I learned, reflecting on that season, is that you must have a winning mentality every day, not just on matchdays. If you have a game on Saturday, you can't start preparing on Thursday. You must be preparing from Monday to the matchday."

He also detailed his disappointment at being left out of Parker's Premier League plans when he felt he would be able to contribute to Fulham's fight to establish themselves in the top flight.

"I had a positive season in Turkey so it was frustrating to not play. I was thinking, 'Why does the manager not realise that I can help the team?' because I was in very good form and very confident. I had learned from my past experience in the Premier League. If he gave me one chance, I could've helped the team. It was a big frustration and not what I expected when I returned.

"I spoke to Scott Parker before we started the season and that conversation must remain private. But he decided what he had to decide and it was a difficult situation for me."

Seri is relishing the opportunity to express himself under Silva after swiftly establishing himself as a key part of Fulham's midfield.

"When the gaffer arrived, he said, 'I want you to help us go up together into the Premier League.' I knew Marco from when he was in Portugal and I thought, 'Why not?' I wanted to stay here and my family like London too. The Championship is actually better than a lot of the leagues in Europe.

"I'm here for the whole season. I want to celebrate when we get promoted. I want to enjoy this moment with the club. Fulham deserves it because they've spent a lot of money on me. They deserve to be in the Premier League for many years and I believe Marco is building something good. And I want to pay the club back."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/seri-i-want-to-pay-fulham-back/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker has 'been booed enough' to deal with any stick at Fulham

CHERRIES boss Scott Parker insisted he had "been booed enough" to deal with any stick he could encounter on his return to Fulham.

The former England midfielder is set to return to his previous stomping ground when the Dorset club visit Craven Cottage in a crunch top-of-the-table Championship showdown tomorrow (7.45pm).

As well as making 128 appearances for the club as a player, Parker managed Fulham for 105 matches.

He initially took over from Claudio Ranieri on a caretaker basis in February 2019, before eventually being awarded the role full-time.

Parker took the west London side back to the top flight via the play-offs during the 2019-20 campaign – before suffering relegation with them last season.

He joined Cherries in June of this year, after leaving Fulham by mutual consent.

Asked what reception he was expecting to receive on his return to Craven Cottage, the former England international replied: "I'm not sure. I don't know.

"We all understand what football is like. Sometimes it's very indifferent, so I don't know what sort of reaction I will get.

"I'd like to think that whether the reaction is not there, deep down the Fulham fans knew or understood the work we did.

"We took over that football club when it was fractured really. They had been relegated but there was deeper wounds in that place which needed sorting out.

"We managed to do that, we managed to get promoted and while last year didn't go the way we would have liked, I would like to think that every Fulham fan would understand we left that football club in a good place.

"I'd like to think they appreciate that but if not, it's not a big deal. It is what it is.

"The most important thing is I am now here (at Cherries) and we go there and put a performance in."

Asked whether he would be able to deal with any flak which came his way from the home fans, the 41-year-old said: "I've played enough, been booed enough.

"I live in this current world we live in where it's sometimes very fickle.

"That's the world we live in when it comes to football, I understand that. I'm not bothered one bit really."

Joined in Dorset by assistant Matt Wells and the rest of his backroom staff, the management's main aim this season is to pilot Cherries back to the Premier League.

The Dorset club are currently one point behind Fulham at the top of the standings – seven ahead of third-placed Queen's Park Rangers after 20 games.

"I think we are going in the right direction," said Parker.

"We've had an incredible start to the season, lost only two games, which is a fantastic start.

"Have we had a little bit of a blip the past three or four games? Yes. That's there to see.

"But I think at that present moment in time we are right on track to have a very strong season.

"A season where we can all see that there is an opportunity for us, if we can maintain and keep performances where they are, we have a good opportunity of trying to get promoted.

"I see Fulham, very, very similar. They are a good side, a top side.

"They are a year ahead in the sense of finances, kept their team from last year and in fact signed new contracts – and have used that, which they deserve to because they have only just come out of the Premier League.

"That's exactly what it is, two very good sides along with the others. West Brom, QPR, there's some very strong sides in this division."

Asked simply whether Cherries could beat Fulham, Parker said: "Yeah, definitely. We can beat them, they can beat us.

"They have the quality to hurt us if we're not at our finest or we are not at our best and vice-versa, they will be thinking exactly the same.

"We have the qualities in our team to hurt them.

"If both teams are at it and both teams are at their best it's going to be a great game and a great spectacle which, at any moment, fine margins will probably decide the game."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19758615.scott-parker-been-booed-enough-deal-stick-fulham/

WhiteJC

The Fulham Stadium Renovation

The Fulham Stadium Renovation Evie Jouning Putney High School

During its course, the Fulham football team, originally known as the 'Church team', have been herded around most of South West London. They started in the location which is now the widely known as the 'Hurlingham Club' and during the coming years called Barn Elms, Parsons Green, Eel Brook common and Captain James Field their home. Finally in 1894, the club, looking for a more permanent fixture, purchased craven cottage, which is where they are found today. The site originally boasted of a derelict house which was soon cleared to welcome a wooden stand that could accommodate around 1,2000 spectators. Although, this quick build soon challenged some health and safety rules and was torn down. In response to this upheaval the Stevenage road stand was built in 1905 costing around Β£15,000 and could hold over 45,000 fans. A second, more expensive, stand was pridefully opened in 1972 and due to Fulham's promotion to the premier league, it was granted some redevelopment to honour the League's certain requirements.

As a less active football fan, the most recognisable features of the stadium are the two statues that glow with importance outside of the gates. They are of Johnny Haynes who is coined as 'Fulham's greatest ever footballer' and George Cohen MBE who lead to Fulham to victory in the 1966 England World Cup.

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  More recently, this landmark of Fulham has gone under some dramatic transformations. On the 22nd of May 201 it was announced by the chairman of Fulham (Sahid Khan) that an agreement had been signed for the destruction and renovation of the Riverside stand. This redevelopment would lead to an increase in capacity from 4,689 to 8,650 and allow for the creation of a public riverside path and the introduction of new hospitality locations, such as cafes and restaurants. This magnificent infrastructure was designed by the architect Populous who wished to not only create an unbroken walkway along the river, but also a more modern and innovative stadium for its fans. He utilised Fulham's beautiful surroundings to his advantage when designing the stand, showing off the picturesque view of the Thames. Although it's required scaffolding is seen by some locals as an eye sore, I think the final result will be immensely rewarding. Even though I don't take an avid interest in Football, much to my Dad's side of the family's disgust, having been to a few games, the atmosphere is unbeatable. Especially after Covid-19, football is a way to unite people from all across England and is an outlet from their stressful days. It can also give structure to many and help form bonds between different generations.

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  From being calledΒ  'The Rabbit Hutch' to 'Craven's Cottage' , this stadium has encaptured fans for decades and for many is a place that holds many happy memories and is perhaps even somewhere that sparks hope as they can look on with pride at something they are a part of, something they belong to.

https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/19759018.fulham-stadium-renovation/

WhiteJC

Seri starts: The predicted Fulham XI to face Bournemouth tonight

Arguably the biggest game of the Sky Bet Championship season so far takes place this evening at Craven Cottage as Fulham welcome title rivals Bournemouth to SW6.

The two sides have been a cut above the rest of the division so far and, as things stand, are in their own private battle for the Championship trophy, with both currently looking good to win promotion at least.

For Fulham, home advantage could well be key and Marco Silva has a rather healthy squad to pick his side from tonight.

Tom Cairney is back available after illness ruled him out for the last two games, but could have to remain on the bench with Harrison Reed and Jean Michael Seri starting in front of him.

Elsewhere, it's a side that could remain pretty similar to the one we saw at Preston North End, with Silva needing to just decide which personnel he thinks are up to tonight's task.

This is the XI we could see featuring, though the likes of Bobby Decordova-Reid, in particular, could be pushing to come into the side:

It's a big game for both sides tonight, and whichever set of players steps up to the mark could take a big stride towards their promotion goal at the end of this campaign.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/seri-starts-the-predicted-fulham-xi-to-face-bournemouth-tonight/

WhiteJC

Billing starts: The predicted Bournemouth XI to face Fulham tonight

Scott Parker takes his Bournemouth side to one of his former employers tonight in the Sky Bet Championship, as Fulham and the Cherries go head-to-head in an intriguing encounter at Craven Cottage.

The pair have been the pick of the bunch so far this season in the second tier and any victor this evening could be taking a really big step towards promotion.

For Parker, there's obviously added incentive to win the game as it's away from home against a former side but he won't be letting emotion get the better of him, with the same three points at stake as any other league game.

He has some selection headaches to deal with, too, after suggesting that Gary Cahill, Lloyd Kelly, Jordan Zemura, Ben Pearson, Junior Stanislas, Robbie Brady and Adam Smith could all be missing thanks to various injury problems.

Jefferson Lerma is out, too, after picking up a red card last time out in the draw with Coventry.

Even so, a pretty strong Cherries side can still be named and they'll be looking to get back to winning ways at the perfect time tonight in SW6:

This is a really exciting encounter on paper, and under the lights at Craven Cottage we should be in for a cracker.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/billing-starts-the-predicted-bournemouth-xi-to-face-fulham-tonight/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker's return highlights how clean break worked wonders for Fulham and Bournemouth

The top two sides in the Championship are poised to meet on Friday night at Craven Cottage in a game that looks sure to offer plenty of drama - on and off the pitch

It has all the potential to be an instant second tier classic.

Friday night's meeting between Fulham and Bournemouth has plotlines and match-ups aplenty and has all the ingredients of a Championship dust-up to remember.

It's not only first against second but it is arguably the two strongest squads in the division going head-to-head.

For a start, two of the Championship's top three goalscorers will be on display with Aleksandar Mitrovic and Dominic Solanke having netted 36 times between them so far.

The gap between the two teams might only be a solitary point, in favour of Fulham, but there is clear distance emerging between the pair and the rest of the division.

Bournemouth are seven ahead of the team in third - QPR.

Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic is the top scorer in the Championship and will pose a huge threat to Scott Parker's Bournemouth on Friday

Add in the fact that these two are the heaviest scorers in the division with a combined 85 goals and have the joint-meanest defences, along with West Brom (just 16 shipped each) and you can understand why many are seeing this as a dress rehearsal to see who is more likely to be lifting the Championship title come May.

And all that is before we've even mentioned the fascinating sub-plot in the dugout. This game will be the first time that Cherries' boss Scott Parker has faced his old club since his shock departure in the summer.

Many questioned the decision at the time but Parker has more than justified the switch. And it's not gone too bad for his old club either.

Speaking about his decision during his Cherries' unveiling in July, Parker said: "I had a fantastic time at Fulham, I'm very, very proud to lead the club, I have nothing but admiration.

Scott Parker led Fulham to promotion in 2020 but was unable to keep them in the Premier League last season

"What I can say is every single day I went into that football club as a player or as a coach, I literally gave every bit of me to the club to try and be successful.

"I'd like to think I did that really. I know I leave the football club in a good place.

"I understand that people may point the finger and say 'you got relegated last year', but, like I keep saying, there's something bigger and there's something deeper than just winning a league or a relegation really."

Bournemouth are in their second season in the Championship whilst for Fulham the pain of relegation is more raw.

They turned to Marco Silva as Parker's replacement and despite having plenty of experience of English football with Hull City, Watford and Everton the Portuguese was a novice when it came to the second tier.

But he has quickly found his footing. Of course, it helps having an expensively-assembled squad and a human cheat code in Mitrovic to boot, but it still requires canny management and a stamina over the course of a long season.

As for Parker, his side were the last in the EFL to taste defeat and he admits they have dropped beneath the exceptionally high standards they set in the first third of the season - they've taken just five points from the past five games.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scott-parker-fulham-return-wonders-25592902

WhiteJC

Media View: Expert insight on Fulham

AFC Bournemouth will be hoping to add another entry to their list of Craven Cottage memoirs when they lock horns with Championship leaders Fulham on Friday (7.45pm kick-off).

Cherries supporters have fond memories of the London venue, including sealing promotion in 1986/87, winning 5-1 on their way to lifting the Championship title in 2014/15 and triumphing 3-0 in one of their best displays in the Premier League in 2018/19.

Head coach Scott Parker and his backroom staff return to their former club with the Cherries currently one place and one point behind Marco Silva's Cottagers.

The clash pits the best home record in the Championship against the best away record with Fulham having dropped just seven points at Craven Cottage and the Cherries defeated only once on their travels.

And while Fulham boast 21-goal Aleksandar Mitrovic in their ranks, Dominic Solanke's tally of 16 for the season includes 15 in the league, the pair separated in first and third place by Blackburn's Ben Brereton in the top scorers' chart.

Ahead of the showdown, afcb.co.uk caught up with Peter Rutzler who follows the fortunes of Fulham for The Athletic having previously been their Cherries reporter.

FULHAM PROFILE

Ground: Craven Cottage

Nickname: The Cottagers

Head coach: Marco Silva (appointed July 2021)

Club captain: Tom Cairney

Current league position: First

Leading goalscorer 2021/22: Aleksandar Mitrovic (21 in the Championship)

Last game: Preston North End 1-1 Fulham (Championship)

afcb.co.uk: How would you sum up the season so far for Fulham?

PR: It's been a strong season. The expectation after relegation was pretty clear from the hierarchy. They wanted to get straight back into the Premier League.

Marco Silva has come in and hit the ground running, not just in terms of results but also style of play. They have been exciting to watch and have scored a lot of goals. They have really showcased the quality they have in their squad.

They are where they want to be at this point and the cushion to the play-offs is very strong. I don't think it could have gone any better, other than the odd defeat or two.

In general, it's been a really good start to the season.

afcb.co.uk: Has Marco Silva made any significant changes?

PR: Yes, he has. The clearest change has been in terms of style of play. It was difficult in the Premier League last season because they were a team trying to cling on amid so many different circumstances.

This season, Silva has brought some new ideas and he has a very clearly defined attacking philosophy which he sticks to. He plays a 4-3-3, playing on the front foot and is getting the best out of the players. The atmosphere at the club is very positive.

afcb.co.uk: What sort of reception do you think Scott Parker and his backroom staff will get?

PR: The summer changes didn't go down particularly well at Fulham and it might be a little lukewarm. But they deserve a warm reception because of the work they did. When you think back to when Scott took over as caretaker in the Premier League, there was quite a negative atmosphere at the club.

They had gone through two different managers, they were relegated with a whimper and he was able to fundamentally change the atmosphere to get the club pointing in the right direction and got them promoted in very difficult circumstances with the pandemic.

They gave a good fight in the Premier League and were close to staying up. He spent time at the club as a player and a coach so he has strong connections with Fulham. There are so many positive stories about his time.

When you think back to some difficult years, particularly under Felix Magath when Scott was captain and he really held some of those young players together.

He was an important player over a relatively difficult past decade so you would like to think he will get a positive reception even if his departure didn't go down too well.

afcb.co.uk: How do teams stop Aleksandar Mitrovic scoring?

PR: It's very difficult!

He's in extraordinary form really, form I don't think anyone has seen from him before and most people probably didn't expect from him.

Two years ago under Scott Parker, you could see that if he had a chance in front of goal, he would take it. This season, he has been relentless.

Every whiff of an opportunity he is sticking away, his all-round game seems to have improved, not just in terms of scoring with his head and both feet but also his link play and that makes him very difficult to marshal.

The problem with just focussing on Mitrovic is that Fulham have other threats as well. Harry Wilson has been a really strong addition on the right-hand side and is a goalscorer at this level.

On the left, Neeskens Kebano is in some of his best form since he signed five years ago.

If you can take out Mitrovic, you've got other threats to follow. But very few teams have been able to put the chains on him this season. He is proving a real handful and with Fulham creating a lot of chances, he's thriving on that.

afcb.co.uk: Apart from Mitrovic, who is Fulham's one to watch?

PR: Jean Michael Seri.

When Fulham are at their best, it's with Seri in possession at the heart of the midfield.

He's a brilliant playmaker who can spray the ball left, right, 50 yards or five yards – he doesn't miss his mark. Fulham's best attacking play normally starts with him or features him.

He is their midfield metronome, he makes things work and, as much as Bournemouth will need to watch the threat from the frontline, Seri is the one that you would probably want to stop to really break up the Fulham attack.

afcb.co.uk: Give us a word on Harry Wilson?

PR: He's done really well since he came in. He scored on his debut against Middlesbrough and has adapted quickly to what Marco Silva wants from him.

He is clearly proven at Championship level and seems to think a couple of seconds before everyone else. That has given him an edge.

Playing in this set-up has suited him quite a bit and Bournemouth will know all about him.

I think it's been an important move to come from Liverpool on a permanent basis to step out of that connection and now show he can not only do it in the Championship but in the Premier League.

I think that applies to a lot of players in this Fulham team.

afcb.co.uk: Are any key players either suspended or injured against the Cherries?

PR: There was an illness which affected both games last week. Mitrovic missed one game and club captain Tom Cairney missed both.

Nathaniel Chalobah and Ivan Cavaleiro are both on the sidelines and are close to a return but I don't know if they will be ready for Bournemouth.

afcb.co.uk: What's your score prediction?

PR: I think it's going to be a really interesting game because Bournemouth have been so solid and very good at controlling matches and playing with a high intensity.

Fulham tend to up their game in those moments and can match that too. They have the potential to score a lot of goals.

But they have hit a rocky patch and so have Bournemouth. I think home advantage will see them through and Fulham will win 2-1 but it could easily be the other way around.

You can follow Peter on Twitter – @peterrutzler

Officials: Tim Robinson (referee), Rob Smith (assistant), Andrew Fox (assistant), Joshua Smith (fourth official).

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/media-view-expert-insight-on-fulham-1-1/

WhiteJC

'With all possible respect to Fulham' – Feeling Cottagers' star can be signed, calls made, optimism building

A week ago we covered claims from Italy that Juventus are considering signing Aleksandar Mitrovic in the January window.

At the time, we made clear that despite something of an arrogance in the way the story was being approached in Italy, it was likely that as soon as the Turin club came up against Fulham's stance over the transfer things would change.

Now Tuttosport, a Turin newspaper, are going for it again.

They say Juventus are 'hot' for the Fulham player and he's seen as an alternative to fellow Serbian Dusan Vlahovic. According to Tuttosport, 'with all possible respect to Fulham', Mitrovic's current club isn't 'enough' for the striker.

Fiorentina, who own Vlahovic, are also presented as keen, given they could lose their own star striker.

From Juve there's been 'expressions of interest' and telephone calls with intermediaries on the London side of a possible deal. Yet again, there's no mention of what Fulham would be looking for to agree to a transfer, and no attempt to even see things from the perspective of the English club.

Currently top of the Championship and well placed for a return to the Premier League, endangering that really isn't worth it for Fulham.

So, with all possible respect to Juventus and the Italian media, this one still looks unlikely.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/possible-respect-fulham-feeling-cottagers-star-can-signed-calls-made-optimism-building/

WhiteJC

Player transfer update has given Fulham a massive boost: Opinion

Fulham have already taken to life under Marco Silva well this season and already appear to be well on their way to achieving an instant return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Although the likes of Aleksander Mitrovic, Fabio Carvalho and Harry Wilson may have taken the majority of the headlines this term, there is certainly one name who goes under the radar as an unsung hero of the side.

The man that this article is referring to is one Jean Michael Seri, with the Ivorian having slowly won over the Craven Cottage faithful with his performances this season.

Of course things could've been so different for the 30-year-old, who once appeared close to joining Barcelona from his then club Nice.

Nevertheless it was West London that he ended up moving to rather than Catalonia in the summer of 2018, with expectations over his signing being understandably high due to the interest that Barca had in his services.

However things couldn't have gone much worse for Seri in his first campaign in a white shirt as Fulham were relegated from the Premier League after a disastrous season in which the midfielder was portrayed as one of many scapegoats within the squad.

This inevitably led to tension between the player and the club and as a result of this he ended up heading out on loan on two occasions to both Galatasaray and Bordeaux as it appeared that his career with the Whites was coming to an end.

Returning to Craven Cottage during the summer just gone after his brief spell back in France, Seri was immediately integrated back into the first team by Silva who quickly bonded with the midfielder over the fact that they had both worked in Portugal previously.

In fact the relationship between the two men is so strong that Seri recently told The Sun that Silva is the man that has convinced him to remain at Craven Cottage for the whole of this season as opposed to pursuing a move away.

This will come as a huge boost to the club's promotion hopes, with the midfielder having already racked up an impressive six assists in his opening 19 league games, all whilst playing in a deeper, playmaking role.

His contract may well be up at the end of the campaign, however Fulham can sit safe in the knowledge that they have a one year option to extend the 30-year-old's deal by a further 12 months should they wish to activate it.

Which means that Seri could well be turning out for the Whites once again in the top flight next season if they achieve their prime objective of promotion this term, with the Ivorian sure to keep things ticking over in the centre of the park as we move into the new year, playing the role of the unsung hero to great effect.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/player-transfer-update-has-given-fulham-a-massive-boost-opinion/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker coy and a change in shape (again) - predicted Bournemouth lineup to take on Fulham

Will any of the seven players currently injured be fit to feature in the matchday squad in the table toppers clash this evening?

Following last week's spectacularly bad/outrageous prediction, things don't look to get any better this time, either.

Not only did we get the change of shape wrong, but also who was fit and who wasn't. While we can blame the lack of Scott Parker press conference prior to the Coventry match as an indicator, getting the expected lineup so drastically wrong certainly does not bode well.

With the injury picture still rather opaque and the feeling that Parker isn't giving too much away, there are so many questions and yet so few guarantees in the starting XI.

But, let us put on our blindfold and take a stab in the dark - here's how DorsetLive thinks Bournemouth will line up for this evening's game with Fulham.

Goalkeeper - Mark Travers
The player we can exhale a deep breath on and point to him as a certified starter. Has endured a bumpy time of late but importantly, doesn't look shorn of confidence.

Defence - Jack Stacey, Steve Cook, Lloyd Kelly, Chris Mepham
Do not worry, I can see you all shaking your heads already. For some reason, there is a visceral thought within that Kelly, who was seen with shorts on by the Kings Park Training base before the Coventry draw, is fit enough to be back for the match. Even if he is half fit, such is his significance to the team, he should play. Jack Stacey is a certainty, as is Chris Mepham.

Where Mepham plays, however, is a bone of contention. Leif Davis was extremely poor in his substitute cameo last time out and there is a clear weakness defensively on his side. While he wouldn't be extravagant in his attacking output, Mepham offers greater cover and could turn Parker's shape into a back three/five at times.

Midfield - Lewis Cook, Gavin Kilkenny, Philip Billing
This would be the perfect match for Ben Pearson to walk into. But there continues to be a recurring struggle with one particular area which needs to be managed. Jefferson Lerma's absence is huge blow, but adding two midfield shuttlers in Cook and Kilkenny will provide extra screening to the back four and move Billing, basically, into the number 10 role.

Kilkenny and Cook will be crucial in scurrying around the pitch, disrupting Fulham's midfield and provoking regular turnovers in play.

Attack - Ryan Christie, Dominic Solanke, Jaidon Anthony
Unless Parker opts for three at the back again and in that case, this predicted lineup can be classed as totally null and void, this is the widely assumed first choice front three. Christie may move centrally but Bournemouth really need to establish at least one partnership on the flanks and getting Jaidon Anthony into higher positions will be key in them posing Fulham a threat upon transitions.

Jamal Lowe and Morgan Rogers are adept replacements should Parker want to tweak the system during the game.

Bournemouth (4-3-3/4-2-3-1): Travers; Stacey, Cook, Kelly, Mepham; Cook, Kilkenny, Billing; Christie, Solanke, Anthony

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/football-news/scott-parker-coy-change-shape-6292497

WhiteJC

Wilson: Friendships On Hold

Harry Wilson is looking forward to testing himself against a side whose strengths he is well aware of from personal experience.

The winger was given a first taste of Premier League football on loan with AFC Bournemouth in 2019/20, scoring seven times during his time on the south coast.

"There's still a lot of the staff and a lot of the players are still the same," Wilson stated. "I know the manager's changed and there's a few new faces, but I think the core of that squad are players that I played there with.

"So I know the quality of them, and a lot of the boys here who played under Scott Parker know what he's like as well, so there's two teams who are going to know a lot about each other, and come Friday night it's up to us to make sure we're the better team.

"When you play against a Bournemouth team, especially in the Championship, you know what a good and strong outfit they're going to be, and they've shown that this season.

"And for me to play against a few of my friends and people I've shared the pitch with is going to be good."

One such individual is centre-back Chris Mepham, Wilson's international teammate who he considers to be one of his closest friends.

"I class Meps as one of my best mates so it's going to be good to play against him," Harry said. "As soon as that whistle goes, obviously we won't be friends, but before the game I'm sure we'll have a little catch up and take the mick out of each other, and then afterwards it will be the same.

"But for that 90 or 95 minutes, our friendship will be put to one side because I'll be doing all I can to win the game for Fulham."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/december/03/wilson-friendships-on-hold/

WhiteJC

Sources: Norwich, Fulham and Bournemouth set sights on Derby County star Roos

Norwich City, Fulham and Bournemouth are keeping close tabs on Derby County goalkeeper Kelle Roos, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The 29-year-old is out of contract at cash-strapped Derby next summer and clubs are monitoring his situation as they eye a January bargain.

A recruitment source has now told Football Insider that Norwich, Fulham and Bournemouth are all weighing up potential bids for the Dutchman.

He has been a shining light for Derby throughout their difficulties this season, keeping five clean sheets and conceding only 17 goals in 16 Championship games so far this season.

His performances between the sticks have caught the eye of both Premier League and Championship scouts.

Suitors will be hoping to take advantage of both his contract situation and Derby's financial plight in January.

The former PSV Eindhoven youngster has spent most of his career in England, having joined Nuneaton back in November 2013.

He was quickly picked up by Derby County in January 2014 and spent most of his formative years out on loan.

The keeper spent time at Rotherham, AFC Wimbledon, Port Vale and Plymouth up until December 2017.

Since then Roos has battled it out for a first-team spot at Derby, with 87 appearances to his name so far.

With over 70 games of Championship experience under his belt, the Rams' rivals are circling in a bid to strike a cut-price deal for the shot-stopper.

High-flyers Fulham and Bournemouth are both keen to add Roos to their ranks as they both push for automatic promotion this season.

Meanwhile Premier League strugglers Norwich want the keeper as competition for Tim Krul, Angus Gunn and Michael McGovern.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-norwich-fulham-and-bournemouth-set-sights-on-derby-county-star-roos/

WhiteJC

Cook keen to kickstart more Craven Cottage memories
Craven Cottage has always been a happy hunting ground for AFC Bournemouth, with eight goals scored in the last two visits and a first promotion to the second division secured on the banks of the Thames in 1987.

For Steve Cook, Friday nights in south west London are even more poignant as he looks set to make his second Championship start of the season this evening, after featuring in the weekend's 2-2 draw with Coventry City.

Live on Sky, they don't get too much bigger than tonight's trip to Fulham, which will see the Championship's top two go head-to-head vying to be top of the tree at the end of gameweek 21.

Speaking of the memories that come with a trip to Craven Cottage, Cook began by discussing the events last time out.

A 3-0 win away from home saw a David Brooks strike sandwiched between two Callum Wilson goals, sealing an all-important three points in the Premier League.

"It was a really good day out," he began.

"Playing Fulham is always one that you look forward to – Craven Cottage is obviously very historical and in the past we've had some really nice results there too.

"That day was one of them in a season that we started the league really well. It was quite a convincing away win as well which was nice. I remember walking off and seeing Aaron Ramsdale in with the away fans!

"It epitomised what we were back then, so it was a really enjoyable game and hopefully we can replicate that this time."

Despite that win taking the Cherries onto 20 points after just ten top flight games, there's another outing to south west London which lives long in the memory of the defender.

A 5-1 victory in March 2015 not only took the side a step closer to their first Premier League promotion, a drilled effort from Cook on the edge of the area with 83 minutes gone made headlines alone.

He recalls: "Being in a comfortable lead at the time, I just thought I would hit it. It could've ended up in the Thames!

"Luckily for me it ended up right in the top corner and it was a special goal for myself, one that's right up there in those that I've scored for the club.

"Again, what a win that was. It was a result that helped us get promoted to the Premier League.

"Hopefully this Friday will bring us success and if we do go there and win it, it will lead us into a really nice period and it can take us top.

"I'd love another 5-1 win but we'll definitely take a scrappy 1-0. It should be a great game, a really good atmosphere and one that we're looking forward to."

The Cherries go into the game a point behind Fulham in the Championship standings and seven clear of QPR in third.

Despite no win since the 4-0 victory against Swansea City at the start of November, Scott Parker's side find themselves in a healthy position and Cook believes the game can kickstart another good run of form.Β 

"I think the game has come at a very good time for us, we haven't won in three and have had a couple of mixed results.

"Hopefully now we can go back on a little run and lay down a bit of a statement going into the Christmas period.

"After the game last weekend, I think the lads were quite down but this is football. You're going to have times like this and it's never plain sailing in the Championship – it's so up and down.

"We've had such an incredible start, this is just a little bump in the road but it's no problem and we'll hopefully respond on Friday with a good result."

The 30-year-old will likely be up against a familiar opponent in Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has 21 goals to his name already this season.

But it could well be a battle of the strikers at Craven Cottage this evening, with his counterpart in Dom Solanke on an impressive 16 himself.

"I've played against Mitrovic a couple of times over the years.

"Ultimately though, if there's any comparisons on the night, we're hoping that Dom has a bigger say than him.

"No doubt it's going to be a tough game, they've got some really good players all across their team but we're looking to impose our way of playing and the way the manager wants us to play.

"I'm sure the home and away fixture with Fulham would've been ones the manager and his staff looked out for straight away.

"The players want to get the win for them, even if we don't quite know the emotions they'll be feeling.

"Ultimately, it's a game of football and we want to win either way but there's going to be a little bit of an edge to it. We'll be doing what we can to get the result for the staff."

It's not just the manager that Cook wants to do proud, with the Cherries set to be backed by a packed out away end of over 1,600 supporters this evening.

"The away fans are always terrific and they always travel in numbers," he concluded.

"Hopefully it can be a great weekend for them. Friday night under the lights in London, it doesn't get too much better.

"I'm sure they'll bring their loud voices with them and hopefully we can give them a result to go with it."

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/features/cook-keen-to-kickstart-more-craven-cottage-memories/

WhiteJC

Wilson looking forward to Bournemouth test

Fulham winger Harry Wilson can't wait to test himself against familiar opposition when the Whites take on Bournemouth in the top-of-the-table clash at Craven Cottage this evening.

The Welsh international, who has a superb start to life in SW6 since signing from Liverpool this summer, spent a season on loan at Bournemouth in 2019/20 and knows that they will be difficult opponents. He told Fulham's official website:

"There's still a lot of the staff and a lot of the players are still the same. I know the manager's changed and there's a few new faces, but I think the core of that squad are players that I played there with. So I know the quality of them, and a lot of the boys here who played under Scott Parker know what he's like as well, so there's two teams who are going to know a lot about each other, and come Friday night it's up to us to make sure we're the better team.

When you play against a Bournemouth team, especially in the Championship, you know what a good and strong outfit they're going to be, and they've shown that this season. And for me to play against a few of my friends and people I've shared the pitch with is going to be good."

Wilson warns that any friendships, such as his particularly close bond with Bournemouth and Welsh centre back Chris Mepham, will be on hold tonight.

"I class Meps as one of my best mates so it's going to be good to play against him. As soon as that whistle goes, obviously we won't be friends, but before the game I'm sure we'll have a little catch up and take the mick out of each other, and then afterwards it will be the same. But for that 90 or 95 minutes, our friendship will be put to one side because I'll be doing all I can to win the game for Fulham.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/wilson-looking-forward-to-bournemouth-test/

WhiteJC

Fulham linked with Roos raid

Fulham are one of several clubs interested in signing Derby County goalkeeper Kelle Roos, according to reports this morning.

The Football Insider suggests that the Whites, Norwich City and Bournemouth are all considering making a move for the Dutch goalkeeper in January to capitalise on the Rams' financial difficulties. The 29 year-old is out of contract at the end of the current season – and, therefore, may be available for a cut-price fee with Derby, who have been hit by two points deductions for financial irregularities this season, in administration.

Roos has been in superb form for Derby during a difficult campaign, with one of his five clean sheets coming in last week's goalless draw at Craven Cottage. Wayne Rooney's men have conceded just seventeen goals in sixteen matches. The former PSV Eindhoven youngster has spent most of his career with Derby and has extensive experience of English football through a number of loan spells. Roos has made 87 appearances for the Rams and is now firmly established as the number one at Pride Park.

Whether Fulham would seriously be tempted to bring in another goalkeeper in January remains to be seen. Spanish goalkeeper Fabri, who has only made two first-team appearances for the club, remains on the books whilst summer signing Paulo Gazzaniga has been relegated to the bench by the brilliant recent form of Slovakian international Marek Rodak.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/fulham-linked-with-roos-raid/

WhiteJC

Fulham team news and predicted XI to face Bournemouth
Top of the table Fulham welcome 2nd-place Bournemouth in the Championship tonight, in a huge game in the race for promotion.

Marco Silva's Fulham currently sit a point and a place ahead of Scott Parker's Bournemouth, as the former Fulham boss readies his new side for an exciting game at Craven Cottage tonight.

A win for the Cherries would see them reclaim their top spot after a dip in form whilst Fulham could pull four points clear of Bournemouth with a win, and 11 points clear of QPR in 3rd.

Fulham team news

The Athletic's Peter Rutzler revealed yesterday that Ivan Cavaleiro is set to miss out, but that Tom Cairney is expected to be back in the squad.

Nathaniel Chalobah is back in training but not expected to take part tonight, with Terrence Kongolo (knee) a long-term absentee for the Whites.

Predicted XI
Rodak (GK)

Robinson

Ream

Adarabioyo

Odoi

Reed

Seri

Kebano

Carvalho

Wilson

Mitrovic

Silva has plenty of options in his side and he could well rotate should he choose to. But given the importance of tonight's game it's certainty that he'll field the strongest squad available to him and that would be an unchanged side from the one that drew v Preston last time out.

It was a disappointing result but back at the Cottage, Fulham should have the wind in their sails and the confidence to put on a good show against their former boss.

The game kicks off at 7:45pm and is available to watch on Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event.

https://the72.co.uk/256818/fulham-team-news-and-predicted-xi-to-face-bournemouth/

WhiteJC

Bournemouth and Fulham linked with Derby County's Kelle Roos
Bournemouth, Fulham and Norwich City are all 'weighing up bids' for Derby County keeper Kelle Roos, reports Football Insider.

Roos, 29, sees his Derby County contract expire next summer, and the Rams could sanction his sale in January as their financial woes continue.

And Football Insider now report that Norwich City, as well as the Championship's top two sides Bournemouth and Fulham are all considering a January offer for the Dutchman who's featured 16 times in the Championship this season, keeping four clean sheets.

A surprise move?
Roos has had spells of good and bad form for Derby this season and seeing his links to the Championship's top clubs may come as something of a surprise to Rams fans.

He's certainly split opinion this season. Bu Wayne Rooney's side remain of the best in terms of defensive records this season – they've conceded just 17 goals in their 20 league fixtures this season.

And from a Derby perspective, they'll surely take what they can get in January for a player coming into the final months of his contract, and given their uncertain future it seems unlikely that Roos or any of their other players who see their contracts out at the end of this season, will sign an extension.

Bournemouth, Fulham back up?
With both Bournemouth and Fulham looking good for promotion this season, a move for Roos looks as though it would be one to provide back-up – Fulham in particular already have two good first-team goalkeepers in Paolo Gazzaniga and Marek Rodak.

Norwich City meanwhile cold be on their way back down to the Championship and Roos could well be seen as a signing in preparation for that.

Fulham and Bournemouth go head-to-head in the Championship later this evening, whilst Derby travel to Bristol City tomorrow.

https://the72.co.uk/256819/bournemouth-and-fulham-linked-with-derby-countys-kelle-roos/

WhiteJC

Away Day Guide – Luton Town

If you were one of the lucky ones to nab a ticket for this fixture, you'll need all the essential information for travel and sustinence for the day. Our away day guide has everything you need to know.

TICKETING INFORMATION

Fulham's allocation of 1,032 tickets for this fixture has sold out.
GETTING TO KENILWORTH ROAD
BY CAR

Exit the M1 at Junction 11 and join the A505 heading towards Luton. Head through one set of traffic lights and turn right at the first roundabout into Chaul End Lane. Take the left turn at the next roundabout into Hatters Way, where the ground will be visible on your left. Residents' parking schemes are in operation on matchdays in close proximity to the ground so it is recommended you park at the Beech Hill Conservative Club (Β£5 on the day; Β£6 over the phone) or at Luton Railway Station (Β£2.80).
BY TRAIN

Luton station is around fifteen minutes walk from Kenilworth Road. Head right out of the station exit and progress along Station Road. Cross at the traffic lights into Mill Street and follow the junction where the road drifts right before turning left into New Bedford Road. Take the right turn into Collingdon Street, where you will come to a dual carriageway. Head left along the pedestrian walkway and take the footbridge on the road across the road. The footbridge will turn split into two as it comes across the roundabout – kept right and you will head into Dunstable Road. Continue straight on take the fifth left turn into Oak Road, where you will find the entrance for away supporters.
BY COACH

The official club coaches will depart Motspur Park and Craven Cottage at 11.30am.
AWAY PUBS

The Beech Hill Conservative Club (18A Leagrave Road, Luton, LU4 8HZ) – mentioned above for the parking – admits home and away supporters on a matchday. There is usually a small entrance charge for non-members, but you won't find cheaper priced beer anywhere else.

The Bricklayers Arms (16-18 High Town Road, Luton, LU2 0DD) is located nearer to Luton railway station. It serves generously priced real-ale and has Sky Sports. Fulham fans should be warned that for some matches this season it has switched to being a home-only venue.

The local Wetherspoons option is The White House (1 Bridge Street, Luton, LU1 1SA), which is a spacious venue built on the site of a nineteenth-century brewery.

The Red Lion Hotel (2 Castle Street, Luton, LU1 3AA) is about a mile from the ground and offers a wide selection of real ale, Sky and BT Sport, a pool table, good food, cocktails and a beer garden. Anyone who pre-books will receive a 10% discount on drinks and any coach drivers are entitled to a free meal and soft/hot drink. To take advantage of this offer, please email: [email protected]

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2021/12/away-day-guide-luton-town/

WhiteJC

The Trust response to the fan-led review

It often feels as though time moves fast in football – the demise of Bury in August 2019 and the short-lived Super League of the spring both feel like history now. Since then, Fulham have been relegated (again) and are well placed to push for promotion (again), and the game moves on with the drama and dysfunctional nature of a bid from the biggest clubs to break English football consigned to history. At least, that is how many of those who run football in England want you to think. Move on, nothing to see here – and buy the new limited edition replica fourth shirt while you are passing.

That is what has happened each time there has been a clear demonstration of the structural problems in football, or a scandal rooted in greed and self-interest that goes beyond the pale, expressions of regret, lessons to be learnt – and then relying on it all to be forgotten while the on-pitch drama recaptures attention and focus.

However, this time perhaps might be different. A fan-led review, led by former Sports Minister Tracey Crouch MP, was promised in the wake of Bury and catalysed by the Super League debacle. Over the course of the summer, Tracey and the panel of experts supporting the review took more than 100 hours of evidence. Fulham Supporters' Trust were part of evidence sessions with other Trusts, marshalled by the Football Supporters' Association (FSA), and the Club's Chief Executive was amongst the representatives of clubs who also contributed. The evidence was in confidence, but the interim report published in July and then the final report last week very clearly showed the direction of travel in thinking.

The package of recommendations – a recipe not a menu – are based on the introduction of a licensing regime for clubs in professional football, more robust monitoring and oversight of financial decision making amongst clubs and a greater say for supporters on key issues through a golden share, held by Trusts and other properly constituted supporters' groups.

For English football, this seems radical – and compared to what we currently have, it is. But, at the same time, it is largely very similar to the type of regulation that exists in most UEFA nations, where governing bodies oversee and regulate the game, with Leagues running the competitions and selling their broadcasting and other commercial contracts. The discredited owners and directors tests would be replaced by a more transparent process, run independently of the Leagues, but significantly on an ongoing basis rather than just at a snapshot in time when a takeover is proposed. The oversight would identify problems at an early stage, preventing the slide into a crisis that has afflicted so many clubs over the last twenty years. A structured supporters voice – through a golden share – on issues such as proposals to move grounds, change names or first team colours – are about protecting the integrity of the character of clubs in a similar way to the 50+1 approach in Germany.

It is not surprising that while clubs – particularly in Leagues One and Two; the EFL Chairman; those who have previously been chairs of the FA and struggled with the way in which the supposed governing body is dominated by the Premier League; academics, journalists and pundits; and supporters' groups have welcomed the review's findings, and the government have committed to legislating to put the regulator into effect.

It is equally unsurprising that some in the Premier League have reacted with fury to the temerity of anybody daring to call out the serial failures that have arisen as a result of a lack of oversight and a counterbalance to the self-interest which club executives will always put first. The irony seems lost on Christian Purslow of Aston Villa and Angus Kinnear at Leeds that their clubs – and in one case they themselves – were arguing for changes proposed by the review in the relatively recent past when they were struggling in the Championship. They have both unwittingly made the case for independent oversight.

But where do Fulham stand on this? It is a good question – which we ask reasonably often – in the regular meetings we have with the Club. The responses are, characteristically, vague and non-committal. As a club currently alternating between Premier League and Championship, the short term interests of Fulham change year to year. Given the owner's frequent statements of support for sustainability in football, perhaps there is some scope for longer-term thinking and an approach that embraces the thrust of what is now likely to be legislated for to protect the pyramid and prevent further attempted breakaways. However, football administrators operate a bit like a cabal and are not typically under-enamoured with their own abilities – so keeping under the radar is perhaps more realistic.

Fulham are better than many clubs on what in the jargon is called structured dialogue with the Supporters' Trust – while this is technically part of the EFL and Premier League rules, several clubs ignore them or self-select their supporters to have an easier time of it. Fulham do meet the Trust regularly, and the agenda for the meeting is largely set by the Trust and our members' interests and concerns, which mostly enables a good, constructive and mature dialogue. But the power in the relationship is with the Club – the meetings happen because they agree to have them – and sometimes it feels like we are viewed as an irritant rather than an opportunity to help those running the club take into account the interests of match-going fans.

Β  Β  What is proposed by the fan led review would be much more meaningful – with supporters, via a Trust, holding a golden share to protect vital characteristics of the club which are described as heritage issues.

What is proposed by the fan led review would be much more meaningful – with supporters, via a Trust, holding a golden share to protect vital characteristics of the club which are described as heritage issues. Other clubs already have something like this – Brentford, Portsmouth and others – with its origins capable of being traced back to the Chelsea Pitch Owners Association, an innovation from previous generations which has, ultimately, prevented any move away from Stamford Bridge. As Fulham supporters know as well as, if not better than, fans of any club, protecting the ground and avoiding the ownership of the club and stadium being separated is a key part of safeguarding a club.

The concept of a golden share is to provide that sort of protection – it may be there are good reasons to relocate grounds, for example (Luton, Peterborough to name a couple) – but requiring the consent of supporters through an independently constituted shareholder would both provide confidence in that decision-making process, and ensure a higher standard of dialogue if a move was being considered. Of course, some will question how representative Trusts are – indeed, the current Fulham Chief Executive is one of those who has done so.

The answer is, of course, that in any club where the prefix crisis is applied it has been the Trust (or equivalent) that has been at the fore of trying to save and protect clubs under threat. It is at those times that supporters who are not members will look to their Trust to lead, to energise and ultimately to represent the wider supporter interest. A golden share will normalise that role – so it is not just about the crisis situations – but a longer-term, more embedded, responsibility undertaken on behalf of the supporters of a club. After all, owners, directors, managers and players come and go – the supporters stay unless they are driven away by poor decision making.

The implementation of the proposals from the fan led review will be the biggest change in football governance in England for a century – while some aspects will require legislation, it is not the government taking over football as some have sought to suggest, but having in English football independent oversight and an approach that is designed to safeguard clubs, protect the pyramid and value supporters – none of which "leaving it to football" has delivered. Some of it doesn't need legislation – clubs could get on and put a golden share and shadow board in place if they wanted to, and some will do so. All of it presents challenges to football authorities, clubs, owners and supporter organisations – but the opportunity is significant. For Fulham, and an owner publicly committed to good stewardship of what he has said he regards as an asset with history and heritage which is the property of all of those associated with the Club, then there is a chance to be at the forefront of change that is coming. It will be fascinating to see if that opportunity is embraced.

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2021/12/response-fan-led-review/

WhiteJC

2 Fulham selection dilemmas Marco Silva is facing ahead of tonight's clash with Bournemouth

Fulham will be looking to extend their advantage at the top of the Championship standings this evening by beating AFC Bournemouth.

Since handing over the reins to Marco Silva earlier this year, the Cottagers have managed to make a fantastic start to life under the guidance of their new manager.

Unbeaten in their last nine league games, Fulham will be determined to produce an eye-catching performance against a Bournemouth side who currently occupy second-place in the table.

In what could be an enthralling encounter at Craven Cottage, it will be intriguing to see whether Silva decides to make any changes to his team for this fixture.

Here, we have decided to take a look at TWO Fulham selection dilemmas that Silva is facing ahead of tonight's showdown with the Cherries...

After being forced to watch on from the sidelines during the opening stages of the 2021/22 campaign, Tom Cairney marked his long-awaited return to action with a goal against Cardiff City in October.

The midfielder has since gone on to make five more appearances for Fulham in the Championship.

However, having missed the club's two most recent league fixtures due to illness, Cairney may find it difficult to displace Harrison Reed or Jean Michael Seri in the club's starting eleven this evening.

Silva could opt to use the midfielder as a substitute against Bournemouth after confirming that the Scotsman will be available for this fixture.

By leaning on his wealth of experience at this level, Cairney could help his side send out a real signal of intent to the rest of the division by securing all three points in this particular clash.

Could Bobby Decordova-Reid make his return to Fulham's starting eleven?
Silva may decide to turn to Bobby Decordova-Reid for inspiration this evening as the 28-year-old has managed to show some signs of promise for Fulham this season.

During the 17 league games that he has played for the club during the current term, the attacking midfielder has provided seven direct goal contributions.

After being left on the substitutes bench for two of the club's last three league games, Decordova-Reid will be determined to prove a point to his manager this evening if he is selected to start.

Having scored 33 goals at this level during his career, the former Bristol City man clearly knows exactly what it takes to compete in this division and thus it wouldn't be at all surprising if he is able to make a positive impact for Fulham this evening.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-fulham-selection-dilemmas-marco-silva-is-facing-ahead-of-tonights-clash-with-bournemouth/