watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 03/12/21...

Started by WhiteJC, December 03, 2021, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Dominic Solanke exclusive: Bournemouth top scorer fires Fulham warning... 'I've got my confidence back'

Bournemouth's Dominic Solanke has warned Fulham that he feels unstoppable in front of goal ahead of Friday night's promotion showdown at Craven Cottage.

The former Chelsea striker has scored 15 Championship goals already this season, matching his total from last term – but trails Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic, on 21.

Solanke, who was once considered one the most promising young forwards in the country, managed just five goals in three seasons for Liverpool and Bournemouth but says he has has rediscovered his rhythm and confidence for Scott Parker's side.

"I feel like I've got my confidence back which was the main thing holding me back," Solanke told Standard Sport. "I feel like everything's coming together.

"Confidence is one of the most important things in football and at the moment I've got bundles. Every time I get in front of the goal, I think I'm going to score. As a striker, that's key.

"Having last season under my belt, playing game in game out, helped me to kick on in all aspects. I feel good in my body. I feel fit and adapting to playing every week has helped me.

"It's too early to say [Fulham] is a decisive game but it's two teams who want automatic promotion, so to win would lay down a marker to our rivals at the top."

Parker's side are just one point behind the Cottagers and the Cherries boss returns to west London with a point to prove after leaving Fulham following last season's relegation.

Solanke says Parker has helped to take his game to another level since joining the club in June.

"He's a fantastic manager," Solanke said. "His staff are really good as well and him coming in early in pre-season really helped us. It gave everyone time to adapt to their philosophy.

"The way they play and what they demand from players in my position has helped as well.

"He demands work ethic. He likes looking at the running stats and that's made me a lot fitter this season than I was last season. I'm able to keep going for the full 90 minutes at 100 per cent. That's definitely helped.

"The tactics he likes to play has definitely helped me as well. Everyone can see how much we like pressing, winning the ball back high up the pitch. Playing quick football, getting the ball towards their goal, which is where I am. That's another thing that's played a part [in my form]."

Solanke earned a senior England cap against Brazil not long after joining Liverpool following the end of his Chelsea contract in June 2017.

But he scored just once in the Premier League for the Reds before a £19million move to Bournemouth, where he similarly struggled for top-flight goals.

Asked if he has a point to prove in the Premier League, Solanke said: "Yeah, I think so.

"I think I'm a different player to the one I was when I was playing there before. It's a league I'd love to go back to and do well. Hopefully we can get promoted this year and next year I can show what I can do.

"But I've got no regrets at all. In football, stuff can change so quickly. There's no saying if I had a different path it would have benefitted me more or less.

"You have to go with your heart and things will hopefully work out in the end. If you do get a big move and you go there and kill it straightaway, then fantastic – you're playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Then there's another pathway when you're playing for a smaller club and getting more game-time. You never know when you're going to fulfil your potential.

"Obviously, there's not so much pressure [at Bournemouth] as the top teams in the Premier League. In the top teams, the pressure there is immense. But there's always pressure as a striker, you're always expected to score goals.

"I just want to keep trying to improve as a player," he added. "I think I'm on the right track to doing that. I just want to see out this season strong and hopefully next season we'll be back in the Premier League. That's a stage where you could showcase your ability and force your way back into the national team."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-vs-bournemouth-dominic-solanke-b969864.html

WhiteJC

"We are, unquestionably, the best club in the country" – Huw Jennings to FST AGM 2021.

The Trust was delighted to be joined on Zoom for our 2021 AGM by Head of Football Development at Fulham Huw Jennings, and his opening line was only the start of what was an incredibly insightful look at the Fulham Women's team and its growth, as well as a discussion about the Academy, our young players and the plans that are being made for a bright future for Fulham's homegrown.

Opening the discussion on the matter of taking on the women's team as part of his new role, which began ahead of the 2021/22 season, Huw clearly sees the new challenge as something to relish.

"It was time to look at some succession planning and I realised I had to be open to whatever the Club wanted to do with me. I continue to really enjoy working at the Club, and we are unquestionably the best club in the country. One of the things that we certainly felt that we needed to do was embrace our women's programme, by bringing it first to the performance side of the Club. Mike McSweeney and his colleagues had done a sterling job at the Foundation, but women's football is growing immeasurably...[and we were] conscious we weren't doing what we should be doing to demonstrate the importance of the women's programme."

There is clearly a long-term growth plan for women's and girls' football for all, with exciting plans afoot from youth level upwards. Although the Club are currently unable to have a youth level team, the opportunities for girls to get involved in playing football are being nurtured and expanded across ages through the great work of the Fulham FC Foundation.

With open questions from our audience of Trust members, the discussion moved to insightful chat around the role of transitions for young players, and how this is being managed by the Club. As he explained the intricacies of the requirements needed to take a player through youth level to a professional contract, and the specific set of circumstances that need to align, it was a frank discussion about ways that it is done well, the support that is given to younger players, and the free will of players to make their own decisions when it becomes time to go professional. It's something that Huw clearly has a great passion for given the time he afforded us all to provide an explanation of what happens now at the Club, plans for the future, and also in the past given some well-known cases of players not remaining after years spent with the Fulham academy.

It's clearly an area that still requires building, and this is a strong reason for the new role that Huw has taken on with the Club, with his goal being to see more Fulham players rise through the ranks to play for the first team in the Premier League.

Many can see from the outside that for any club involved in three relegations and two promotions over eight years, planning and understanding the future is never easy. As Huw explained, however, the goal is and remains the same, the Premier League for the first team, and youth players to play a vital role in that. It's something that Marco Silva has made clear to the current youth setup too, shown with the use of Jay Stansfield and Adrion Pajaziti this season.

We'd like to give a big thank you to Huw Jennings for joining us this year and for his openness during the evening, and also to his Cavachon Brinkley who provided a number of entertaining interventions!

To be able to participate in our next AGM, which we hope to have in-person too, and our other future plans for 2022, please consider becoming a Trust member if you're not already. It's always great to hear from new voices from across the Fulham family.

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2021/12/agm-2021-fst/

WhiteJC

Harry Wilson shares his thoughts ahead of Fulham clash vs Bournemouth

It's a huge clash in the Championship this weekend as two high-flying teams in Fulham and Bournemouth face off against each other – and Harry Wilson is well up for the clash, as reported by the club's official website.

Fulham have been in scintillating form so far this season, due in large part to the free-scoring Aleksandar Mitrovic. The Cherries too have looked sharp and led by Scott Parker, they have picked up some solid results and find themselves currently sat in the automatic promotion spots.

This weekend then could see one of the two teams gain a small advantage over the other in the battle for promotion and the second tier title – and Harry Wilson will certainly be hoping it is his team that do.

The player managed 31 games for the Cherries during their final Premier League season and hit seven goals but he has managed even more contributions in front of goal for Fulham since his switch to Craven Cottage.

With six goals and seven assists for the Cottagers in just 17 games so far this year, he has become a key player for the side – and will be desperate to add to that tally for his new side against his former one.

Now, having been allowed to permanently leave Liverpool, he is thriving in his new permanent home at Fulham.

A regular in the starting eleven for both club and country, the 24-year-old is so far living up to his potential and is eager to get stuck into his former team at the weekend.

Speaking to the club's official website, he said: "When you play against a Bournemouth team, especially in the Championship, you know what a good and strong outfit they're going to be, and they've shown that this season. And for me to play against a few of my friends and people I've shared the pitch with is going to be good.

"I class Meps as one of my best mates so it's going to be good to play against him. But for that 90 or 95 minutes, our friendship will be put to one side because I'll be doing all I can to win the game for Fulham."

Wilson then will be gunning for victory and an important three points. If he can carry on his fine form, then Fulham have every chance of getting them.

The Verdict

Harry Wilson is having a great year now he has a new permanent home. He can get used to the style in which Fulham play and thrive in the system every week knowing he won't have to re-adapt upon a move to another side or at his parent club.

It has allowed the player to get even better this season. It also means that, with him and the rest of his teammates playing well, he could be set for another crack at the Premier League in the next campaign.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/harry-wilson-shares-his-thoughts-ahead-of-fulham-clash-vs-bournemouth/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker 'proud' of Fulham work as he returns with Bournemouth for crunch top-of-the-table showdown

Scott Parker says he will always view his time at Fulham as a success, as he prepares to return to Craven Cottage for the first time with Bournemouth on Friday night.

Parker left Fulham for their Championship rivals in the summer following their relegation from the top flight, having been a player and manager at Craven Cottage.

"I feel like we left the football club in a good place," said Parker. "I'm very proud of the work I did there.

"There are players that we gave opportunities to, that we've developed, along with a structure and a good group. Marek Rodak, Fabio Carvalho, Harvey Elliott, Antonee Robinson, Harrison Reed.

"Two years I was there as manager, four years I was there as a player, six months as a coach. I will have fond memories, proud memories.

"Football moves very quickly. But when all is said and done, I will look back on that time there as a successful one."

Fulham and Bournemouth are the current top two in the Championship table, separated by just one point.

"They are a very good side," said Parker of their title rivals. "Technically a very good team, strong, goals in their team and a group of players who have navigated themselves out of this division before.

"We are a point off them and have done well as well. I am sure they will be saying the same of us. It is a massive game."

Fulham are unbeaten in nine matches and go into the game on the back of two draws following seven straight wins. Manager Marco Silva said: "We are demanding more from ourselves."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-bournemouth-scott-parker-b969903.html

WhiteJC

Jean Michael Seri makes key Fulham claims on Marco Silva, promotion and his main obligation

Jean Michael Seri feels he has a duty to pay Fulham back this season after enduring a disappointing start to his Craven Cottage career, speaking in an interview with The Sun.

The 30-year-old first arrived at the club back in July 2018 after previously being linked with more established top-tier sides including Barcelona, Chelsea and Liverpool, joining the Cottagers' on a four-year deal.

Unfortunately, he was unable to guide the west London outfit to Premier League safety during the 2018/19 campaign despite making 32 top-tier appearances, then being shipped out to Turkish Super Lig outfit Galatasaray the following season.

Fulham's promotion back to the top flight at the first time of asking looked set to boost the midfielder's first-team chances in the English capital last term, but he wasn't included in former manager Scott Parker's plans and was forced to endure another temporary loan away from the club at the start of this year, joining Ligue 1 outfit Bordeaux for the remainder of 2020/21.

However, the departure of 41-year-old Parker this summer proved to be the turning point in the Ivory Coast international's career in England, re-establishing his status as one of the first names on the teamsheet under predecessor Marco Silva and recording an impressive six assists in 19 Championship matches so far this term.

A rejuvenated Seri now has his sights set on a Premier League return, singling out Silva for praise and also went on to state why he believes he owes a lot to his current side as he sat down with The Sun.

Speaking in this interview, the 30-year-old said: "Unfortunately things didn't go as we all wanted.

"The club spent a lot of money for me and expected better from me.

"I didn't give back something.. I must give the club something back for that investment so I'm glad to be doing so now."

With his past firmly behind him, he will be hoping to keep Silva's men on the right path as they currently sit top of the table, drawing their last two games but benefitting from AFC Bournemouth's recent slip-ups.

West Bromwich Albion, who were also previously in the automatic promotion race, have now dropped down to fourth and with that, the west London side and the Cherries are now firm favourites to clinch the top-two spots.

And Seri believes it's a matter of when, and not if they return to the top tier of English football.

"I'm here for the whole season. I want to celebrate when we get promoted. I want to enjoy this moment with the club", he added.

"Fulham deserves it because they've spent a lot of money on me. They deserve to be in the Premier League for many years and I believe Marco is building something good.

"And I want to pay the club back."

The Verdict:

Even those who aren't Fulham supporters will be pleased to see Seri's time at the club finally working out after enduring a disappointing three years previous to his transformation this summer.

Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa's temporary departure may be a blow for the second-tier side, because the Cameroonian would have boosted their promotion hopes further, but seeing his 30-year-old teammate remain at the club has helped to provide the necessary quality and depth in midfield needed for his club to thrive this term.

Tom Cairney spent the early stages of the season out with a long-term injury, so to have the ex-Nice man at their disposal and in fine form was key to a reasonably successful start to their campaign.

And the fact he has managed to keep his starting spot in the middle of the park just shows how good he's been, because the likes of Cairney, Harrison Reed, Nathaniel Chalobah and Josh Onomah can also play in his role.

There may be a need to rotate him at some stage in the season to keep him fresh, but as long as he's a regular starter, you could definitely see him extending his stay at the current promotion favourites beyond next summer.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jean-michael-seri-makes-key-fulham-claims-on-marco-silva-promotion-and-his-main-obligation/

WhiteJC

Away Day Guide – Reading

It will be our last fixture for 2021, and it's just a short journey for players and fans to Reading. Here's your guide for getting there and enjoying the day.

TICKETING INFORMATION

Fulham's allocation for this fixture has sold out.
GETTING TO THE MADJESKI STADIUM
BY CAR

The Madjeski Stadium is clearly visible on your left along the M4. Exit the M4 at Junction 11, bear left onto the A33, which will you take straight to the stadium, which is well signposted. This route can become congested the closer it gets to kick-off so all drivers are advised to leave plenty of time for their journey.

There is limited parking at the Madjeski Stadium priced at £10, but there will be significant delays exiting the official car park after the final whistle. There are also a number of unofficial car parks nearby in the local business parks, the cheapest being on Acre Road (£5).

Fulham fans could also use the Park and Ride facility at Mereoak (RG7 1PB), which is located close to the Junction 11 exit from the M4 and is served by buses from the town centre. Take the A33 towards Basingstoke from Junction 11 and follow the signs for the park and ride. Parking is free and the bus costs £3.50 return for adults, £1.70 for under-19s or concessions and there is a group ticket that covers up to four people for £7.

There are also a number of unofficial car parks in the area sited at local businesses (Acre Road at a cost of £5)
BY TRAIN

It is more than three miles from Reading Station to the Madjeski Stadium. Supporters are advised either to board the F1 'Football Special' bus from Station Hill (turn right out of the station's main entrance, go down the steps and the buses leave from the left hand side set of stops) or take a taxi from the station to the ground (which will cost approximately £10).
BY COACH

The official club coaches will depart Motspur Park and Craven Cottage at 4.30pm on matchday.
AWAY PUBS

The pubs in the vicinity of the ground are designated as home fans only.

The Three Guineas (Station Approach, Reading, RG1 1LY) next to Reading Station has been the traditional away venue for visiting supporters. It is a Fulller's pub offering a large selection of guest ales, wine and ciders as well as excellent, reasonably-priced food and shows all live sport on their TV screens.

The Hope Tap (on Friar Street, Reading, RG1 1EP) is the closest Wetherspoons – located about five minutes walk from the station – that has welcomed Fulham fans in the past and has a small beer garden.

The Oakford Social Club (53 Blagrave Street, Reading RG1 1PZ) has also welcomed Fulham fans before and can be found directly opposite the station. This is an American-style bar serving a large selection of cask beers and offering a good range of food options.

The Crown (3 Bridge Street, Reading, RG4 8AA) is offering a 10% discount on drinks for Trust members who pre-book. To take up this offer, please email: [email protected].

Alcohol is available inside the ground in the form of Heineken (£5), Guinness (£5), Amstel (£4.60), Theakstons Bitter (£4.60) & Symonds Cider (£4.60), plus Red or White Wine (£4.70 for a small bottle).

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2021/12/away-day-guide-reading/

WhiteJC

U18 Preview: Saints vs Fulham

Saints' youngsters are back in Under-18 Premier League action this weekend as they host Fulham at Staplewood.

THE MATCH

Saints vs Fulham
Under-18 Premier League
Staplewood Campus
Saturday 4 December, 11am GMT

After travelling to Newcastle last weekend for their cup fixture to be called off, Saints' Under-18s will be eager to get back out on the pitch on Saturday as they take on Fulham.

Carl Martin's side have been impressive so far this season, claiming 22 points out of a possible 30, leaving them second in the table and joint on points with both Chelsea and Leicester.

Saints' last league outing saw them claim a 3-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur.

Fulham aren't far behind, currently sitting fourth with 18 points to their name.

The visitors have drawn three and lost one in their previous four games, so they'll be looking to close the gap when they visit Staplewood on Saturday.

PREVIOUS MEETINGS

Saints were on the losing side in both fixtures when these two sides met in the 2020/21 season.

Falling to a 2-0 home defeat back in October 2020, before suffering a 6-0 loss in March of this year.

Saints' last victory over Fulham came in the 2018/19 season when a Christian Norton brace followed by a Dan Bartlett strike saw Saints emerge 3-1 victors.

MANAGER'S THOUGHTS

"We're looking forward to getting back to the league programme," said Individual Player Coach Mikey Harris. "We had a bit of a disappointing weekend last week travelling up to the Newcastle and the game being called off."

"I think the boys are raring to go for a match because they missed out last week. Obviously we know it's going to be a really difficult game.

"Fulham are a really strong academy and they're always very strong at Under-18 level and they're always at the top of the league, there or there abouts, every season.

"It's another really good challenge and one we're looking forward to."

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-12-03/under-18-preview-southampton-fulham-under-18-premier-league-2021-22

WhiteJC