watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The "Silva" Lining

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 11, 2021, 04:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

At least Bournemouth are on the down hill now. West Brom and QPR look likely to catch and surpass them. We are now two points clear of 2nd. We aren't winning... we're unbeaten in 11 games... but four straight draws are points dropped. We could have lost 3 and won 1 and be almost the same points standing.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Worcesterwhite

When it's put 25pts from 11 games it's sounds very good. Hopefully this is our sticky patch, how we need those 3pts against sheff United, this is the championship and we can take nothing for granted!!!!

somerset cockernee

Aw C'mon Tabby we're first and nobody else is, I'll settle for that till end of season

Rodshig

We can't win a game now. 4 pts out of 16.  Next week game against sheffield will be tough too.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: somerset cockernee on December 11, 2021, 05:02:55 PM
Aw C'mon Tabby we're first and nobody else is, I'll settle for that till end of season

It's becoming a trend, and no me gusta nada amigo! But as you say, I love being top.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Dodgin

Every team we play want to up their game, we were a bi off though

filham

The worry is that we are not scoring goals and not really making chances. Have opposing defenses seen how to keep our attack quiet and do we need to change tactics.

Craven Mad

It's the championship: every team will go through highs and lows. We're top of the league: nothing to worry about.

colinwhite

Those weather conditions make it much harder for us to play . They suited coventry and they suited Luton,but not us.Add to that a referee letting the game flow and giving us very little,and it looks like a decent point to me.

3 Cherries

Quote from: colinwhite on December 11, 2021, 05:57:13 PM
Those weather conditions make it much harder for us to play . They suited coventry and they suited Luton,but not us.Add to that a referee letting the game flow and giving us very little,and it looks like a decent point to me.

Haha the weather! Are you saying Fulham are a bunch of southern fairies (Mitro is from Serbia!!brrr) or the fans?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: colinwhite on December 11, 2021, 05:57:13 PM

I hope you were joking as i am a little confused as to what the weather conditions have to do with anything.  Whether it's sun, rain, snow, wind or a tornado it's the same for both teams.
Every player from a young age has had to play in various adverse weather conditions, so nothing new there.
If results and performances are now being blamed on the weather then we are in serious trouble.
Time to man up then as teams have to adjust their system of play in accordance with conditions and if we cannot do that then we don't deserve to win a coconut.
Now you have touched on the subject we could do with more physicality and height and a strong leaders and characters on the pitch as other teams have identified that if they they can bully us they will pick up our scalp.
The English Championship will always be dominated by teams who will stand their ground and fight their corner and go toe to toe with every opponent, trying to play football from the back is easily counted by opponents pressing high with plenty of traffic on midfield.
We are not going to get away with playing tippy tappy as much as it is good to watch and easy on the eye.
Teams will not let us keep doing that, we need more than one talisman and more warriors  and fighters who will punch their weight and scrap for points, which we sometimes do look vulnerable as we are too lightweight for my liking.
Teams know they can upset our rhythm by getting in our faces and breaking the game up, which we make easier by our slow tempo.
So i hope Silva has had a good think about where we can improve as i worry at times we look a soft touch and it is clear to me opponents know that also.
Amongst other requirements we need a couple of enforcers if we are to win promotion and then stay there.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

We need to mix it up more, switch winger's, diagonal run's, late run's, most of our team had the run's, rush goalie, up the pace, slow the pace, slap your face....that should be enough

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 01, 2022, 10:00:00 AM
We need to mix it up more, switch winger's, diagonal run's, late run's, most of our team had the run's, rush goalie, up the pace, slow the pace, slap your face....that should be enough

That's just the tip of the iceberg but it's a start.

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 01, 2022, 12:37:13 PM

What formation is that.... I like it

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The pressure is building up with us falling behind Bournemouth and probably Blackburn with our games in hand.. How will be react to this situation? Possibly we are a better chasing team than leading and that could have been the problem with our recent results. The alternative is that the must win pressure will get to us and it will show by hurried football and rushed efforts in front of goal. There must be frustration at the way that goals have dried up.
This is a problem which faces every team at some time and history has shown that even the best can react in different ways.
The month of January will play a big part with one third of our remaining games being played and much will depend on Siva's management skills and players keeping clear of injuries. We shall see!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 01, 2022, 03:21:41 PM

36 24 36   would that be to your approval  ?

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 01, 2022, 04:10:04 PM

Perfecto

The Rational Fan

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 01, 2022, 04:56:53 PM

Perfecto

The 452 is a pretty good formation that accommodates Seri, Reed and Cairney in the same team.

St Eve

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 03, 2022, 11:39:59 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 01, 2022, 04:56:53 PM

Perfecto

The 452 is a pretty good formation that accommodates Seri, Reed and Cairney in the same team.
It is and 12 players will give us an edge

bobby01

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.