watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

away at luton

Started by ALG01, December 12, 2021, 10:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

last time i went to luton we steam rollered them winning 4 1.

in all that time I forgot what a dreadful place the ground is with seats that make sitting not an option because there is no leg room at all. unreserved seating led to a ridicu;ous situation when a sold out situation occurs.

beyond that we were very poor indeed until the inevitable luton equaliser and I think silva needs to look to himself because whilst when it works we are brilliant, when it doesn't he seems incapable of changing tactics.

bryan was very poor as was tom cairney who may look like he cannot cope with a whole game. our centre backs were brilliant as was seri (my MoM). wilson was a disapointment again and luton closed out kebs. bobby R was  a breath of fresh after the equaliser snapping into life but josh, oh dear how poor was he. carv was a live wire when he came on, but he came on too late. tete was also disapionting, not the player he was in the earlier part of the season.

the difference beteween now and the start of the season is we seem to be playing at a slower tempo and the worse thing is we started the season with players taking chances and always looking for the runners at the front. now we seem to bbe more parker ball, playing the ball safely and backwards... mitro and wilson made many good runs but they were just not picked out, in the first few games they were.

the last 20 minutes or so saw a sudden transformation, the tempo picked up and we seemed to be crushing the life out of luton but we failed to make a serious goal attempt. i think silva needs to have a real think.

highlight of the game was when the luton mascots walked passed and the crowd sang one billy badger, there's only one billy badger (and there is bless him).

Whitestone

The Luton ground is a crumbling relic from a bygone age. Sure, it has character but there were smashed boarded up windows around the place. Anyone who walked through the alleyway behind the hospitality box stand knows what I mean. The place hasn't seen a lick of paint in decades. It's a wonder it even has a safety certificate. There are a number of grounds in the National League that put it to shame. Chesterfield and Notts County for example.

ALG01

Quote from: Whitestone on December 12, 2021, 11:21:20 AM
The Luton ground is a crumbling relic from a bygone age. Sure, it has character but there were smashed boarded up windows around the place. Anyone who walked through the alleyway behind the hospitality box stand knows what I mean. The place hasn't seen a lick of paint in decades. It's a wonder it even has a safety certificate. There are a number of grounds in the National League that put it to shame. Chesterfield and Notts County for example.

i think that sums it up and i believe they have been trying to relocate for ages but like many areas the council are not necessarilly being totally helpful and luton have had problems. it is a shame really.

MickTheBeard

I did not go but have watched it on offal.Their goal was down to a nudge on team and tosin was on the wrong side of his man.people keep saying cairney was allright,I thought he was lacklustre did not create passed side to side going through the motions me think.Bryan was nothing special,did not pass to kabano in the right areas to allow him to play same with cairney did not pass to
Mitro to bring him in the game. My view is we are crying out for a proper defensive midfield player to help out the centre defenders and a ready made forward to keep mitro on his toes. And what's happened to Wilson🥱

Jims Dentist

Only saw highlights.
Although near the end it looked like Bryan could have had a penalty given against him.
He seemed to just jog to the ball while the attacker, Onyedinma, sprinted and got there first.  Why was he so casual!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I will say for about the third/fourth time this season that in the Summer when Wales were playing the pundits said that Wilson has a good game or two and then disappears. They went on to say that until he overcomes that he would not be a truly quality player.
Oh how I wished them to be wrong!

AJW48361

I think when Chalobah is fit I would play him in a deep lying role sometimes dropping into a 3rd C/H and pushing the 2 Full backs into advanced areas.

ALG01

Quote from: MickTheBeard on December 12, 2021, 06:27:38 PM
I did not go but have watched it on offal.Their goal was down to a nudge on team and tosin was on the wrong side of his man.people keep saying cairney was allright,I thought he was lacklustre did not create passed side to side going through the motions me think.Bryan was nothing special,did not pass to kabano in the right areas to allow him to play same with cairney did not pass to
Mitro to bring him in the game. My view is we are crying out for a proper defensive midfield player to help out the centre defenders and a ready made forward to keep mitro on his toes. And what's happened to Wilson🥱

tom was totally absent without leave. i am not sure he can do a whole game, something not right. but he is also way out of position played to far forward. as far as a defensive midfielder is concerned, I have to agree and what I have been sayong since we went down with magath and still haven't fixed it.