more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, December 25, 2021, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimOG

Quote from: AJW48361 on January 01, 2022, 02:25:24 AM
Disagree read he is 6ft 3in we need physicality in that area.

Agreed - we lose Seri shortly, Reed has had injury problems and we need this physicality. But I wonder if this means Chalobah is some distance from fit?

Friendsoffulham

The Cravenette

Quote from: JimOG on January 01, 2022, 10:01:41 AM
Quote from: AJW48361 on January 01, 2022, 02:25:24 AM
Disagree read he is 6ft 3in we need physicality in that area.

Agreed - we lose Seri shortly, Reed has had injury problems and we need this physicality. But I wonder if this means Chalobah is some distance from fit?
Chalobah was on the bench against Sheffield United so is fit but with Seri off to African Nations another CM would not be a bad thing

The Cravenette

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 31, 2021, 04:00:05 PM
As a team on the up, hopefully like the days of Tigana (maybe thats a bit too optimistic) we really should only be removing any deadwood and signing players who will bring extra quality to the team.
Totally agree with this. January is always a difficult window but I think we need to offload those that are not going to get near the squad and only get in players that could walk straight in to the team, or at least put pressure on others

filham

Quote from: grandad on December 31, 2021, 08:18:46 PM
We are awash with midfielders. Don´t needanother one.
I thought that at the start of the season of the season but right now it is looking like a possible problem area.

Seri         He is off to Africa for a month
Onomah   Has yet to perform up to Championship standard.
Cairney     Best hope but yet to hit his old form and to show he can last 90 minutes.
Reed        Good in defence but leaves a little to be desired in attack.
Chalobah We have not see much of him as yet

A top midfield general in the mould of Alan Mullerry would do us the world of good.

jayffc

Might have been Grimes- but given hes now signed a contract at swansea till 2025  seems unlikely

MickTheBeard

It must make you wonder of the fitness of chalabah and Reed and also seli away African nations all of jan and possible half of feb which could define our season,which reinforces my view that it is not the best squad in the division with still not enough cohesion in the club with youth development and 1st team.

filham

Quote from: jayffc on January 01, 2022, 12:41:48 PM
Might have been Grimes- but given hes now signed a contract at swansea till 2025  seems unlikely
If Silva really thinks that Grimes is the player to lead us to promotion  then TK should demonstrate that he has mastered his Director of Football role by going out and signing him. Contracts are made to be broken.

JimmyConway

Craven Mad

Brom get Daryl Dike - could be exactly what they've been missing...

Friendsoffulham

FFC1987

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 01, 2022, 09:01:12 PM
Brom get Daryl Dike - could be exactly what they've been missing...

It's certainly a signing that makes me nervous albeit, I really don't think its goals thats been their issue. They have very good strikers already.

filham

So, some clubs were just waiting for the window to open and then they pounced, thus making sure they got there man.
Guess we will wait for window closing day to do any business in the hope we can pick something up from the bargain basement.

70sPimlico

Quote from: filham on January 02, 2022, 10:25:25 AM
So, some clubs were just waiting for the window to open and then they pounced, thus making sure they got there man.
Guess we will wait for window closing day to do any business in the hope we can pick something up from the bargain basement.

...and the New year's race to find the FOF contestant for "Unlucky ALf" is off to a flyer with filham taking an early lead against ffcdave, who is strangely quiet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dwes9SQg9k

Arthur

West Brom's signing of Daryl Dike (to which I assume your post is referring) can hardly be held up as an example of a club that moves quickly in the transfer market. Ismael wanted him in the summer transfer window, but the Baggies weren't prepared to stump up the fee. Slipping to fourth in the table has, it seems, prompted them to loosen the purse strings. For Baggies' fans who have seen their team manage only 30 goals in 24 games, it must be more a case of what might have been had Dike been signed in August.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/12/01/steve-madeley-west-brom-unlikely-to-sign-daryl-dike-in-january/

FFC1987

Quote from: Arthur on January 02, 2022, 02:36:21 PM

West Brom's signing of Daryl Dike (to which I assume your post is referring) can hardly be held up as an example of a club that moves quickly in the transfer market. Ismael wanted him in the summer transfer window, but the Baggies weren't prepared to stump up the fee. Slipping to fourth in the table has, it seems, prompted them to loosen the purse strings. For Baggies' fans who have seen their team manage only 30 goals in 24 games, it must be more a case of what might have been had Dike been signed in August.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/12/01/steve-madeley-west-brom-unlikely-to-sign-daryl-dike-in-january/

Having watched them a number of times this season, I don't feel they control games or create enough chances as opposed to dominating and missing chances so maybe I'm wrong but I'm not sure this striker will fix that.

born1879

I think he was very good for West Brom when they had him on loan in the prem. Started nearly every game and Allardyce liked him .. by that logic he would be good in the Champ

JimOG

Quote from: born1879 on January 02, 2022, 04:17:26 PM
I think he was very good for West Brom when they had him on loan in the prem. Started nearly every game and Allardyce liked him .. by that logic he would be good in the Champ

The fact that he's played and done well by all accounts last year makes him, hopefully, a much needed addition. No acclimatising needed to a more 'intense' football as Muniz describes it.

born1879

Quote from: born1879 on January 02, 2022, 04:17:26 PM

This being said.. we have Chalobah returning and they are similar players

AJW48361

WBA need a  manager better players than the table is showing.