more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, December 25, 2021, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

And so it begins ..

All Fulham related transfer rumours and news here please, remembering that this is the official silly season January transfer thread.

Sources: Nottingham Forest and West Brom among six clubs racing to sign Aston Villa star Davis

Six Championship clubs have contacted Aston Villa about signing Keinan Davis in January, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

This site broke the news on 24 November of Norwich City's interest in the 23-year-old striker as Villa prepare to listen to offers for him next month.

Read more ..

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-nottingham-forest-and-west-brom-among-six-clubs-racing-to-sign-aston-villa-star-davis/

davew

The statistics are not very encouraging, surely we can do better?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

dfwilson84

Never believe an article that links a player with multiple clubs. It's an agent leak to build interest.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: dfwilson84 on December 25, 2021, 02:30:56 PM
Never believe an article that links a player with multiple clubs. It's an agent leak to build interest.

The opposite is true, every club will be looking to buy him and they are all interested in him so talking to his agent. Fulham would be interested at the right price and probably indicating something to his agent, we have a few strikers so would likely only bid £500k, which is unlikely to be the highest bidder for a player that was valued by other clubs around £4 million in the summer.

Jamie88

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 25, 2021, 10:29:37 PM

The opposite is true, every club will be looking to buy him and they are all interested in him so talking to his agent. Fulham would be interested at the right price and probably indicating something to his agent, we have a few strikers so would likely only bid £500k, which is unlikely to be the highest bidder for a player that was valued by other clubs around £4 million in the summer.

If you say so.

Hatch007

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or just over-indulged on the Christmas Lunch beverages...

Logicalman

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 25, 2021, 10:54:08 PM

If you say so.

It would be interesting to read those other clubs' fanboards and see what they are saying, that tends to firm up such stories, or destroy them totally.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

Quote from: davew on December 25, 2021, 02:25:23 PM
Sounds as if he would soon find his place in the pecking order behind Stansfield and Muniz. We don't need to add depth but instead to add one outstanding striker who can displace Kebano in that wide left position, Kebano is doing a reasonable job so to get someone better is not going to be easy and is going to cost us big money, but that is where our effort should be directed.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on December 26, 2021, 05:17:33 PM
Quote from: davew on December 25, 2021, 02:25:23 PM
Sounds as if he would soon find his place in the pecking order behind Stansfield and Muniz. We don't need to add depth but instead to add one outstanding striker who can displace Kebano in that wide left position, Kebano is doing a reasonable job so to get someone better is not going to be easy and is going to cost us big money, but that is where our effort should be directed.
Would think we would do better to get someone who might push Wilson to play to his potential.

FFC1987

Unless Muniz is going to start to produce what I would call our plan B, alternative to when Mitro isn't doing it, I still think we need some more attacking prowess to relieve some of the burden on Mitro. We'll certainly need it if we go up and I think we're starting to see we kinda need it now.

Bad run of results for us yet we're still top. We really need a decent run to cement the position and get some breathing room between top 2 and third.

Fernhurst

outstanding striker who can displace Kebano in that wide left position, Kebano is doing a reasonable job

Oh do I agree with this,
Love Kebano but we do need a freescoring left winger. Crystal Palace have limped along in the Prem with one outstanding winger.
Wilson needs to bring a bit more to party also before his fee begins to look a little topy.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitestone

Quote from: Andyb on December 27, 2021, 07:07:50 AM
Joe rodon cb?

Rodon is the type of player we need and could probably get. It would help us if he could play on the left side.
We already have a decent squad with depth for this season so IMO any signings made in January must be with a view to being a starter and someone who could help us next season if we are promoted. We don't need any more bench warmers.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Whitestone on December 27, 2021, 07:33:23 AM
Joe rodon cb?

Rodon is the type of player we need and could probably get. It would help us if he could play on the left side.
We already have a decent squad with depth for this season so IMO any signings made in January must be with a view to being a starter and someone who could help us next season if we are promoted. We don't need any more bench warmers.

6 feet 4 inches in height certainly measures up to the kind of player and defender we need, we really need to toughen up, providing he measures up. We need to off load the niceties and be more aggressive and physical, not just in getting promoted but to maintain our membership of the Premier League if we manage to get there.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JimOG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2021, 11:35:57 AM
Quote from: Whitestone on December 27, 2021, 07:33:23 AM
Joe rodon cb?

Loan to buy I think he'd be a good signing. We must have a back 5 + a DM that have played together before season end. That gives us a chance against most outside the top 6

6 feet 4 inches in height certainly measures up to the kind of player and defender we need, we really need to toughen up, providing he measures up. We need to off load the niceties and be more aggressive and physical, not just in getting promoted but to maintain our membership of the Premier League if we manage to get there.

filham

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 26, 2021, 09:30:37 PM
outstanding striker who can displace Kebano in that wide left position, Kebano is doing a reasonable job

Oh do I agree with this,
Love Kebano but we do need a freescoring left winger. Crystal Palace have limped along in the Prem with one outstanding winger.
Wilson needs to bring a bit more to party also before his fee begins to look a little topy.
Gareth Bale is coming to the end of his contract and the media are speculating on a new club for him. Come on TK surprise us all and sign Bale on a short loan contract that will see him at the Cottage until the end of the season. It could prove a promotion clincher.

spoonffc

Yea, let's completely bankrupt the club so Gareth bale can alternate playing pitch n putt and keeping the bench warm for 6 months

sunburywhite

Gareth Bale is the biggest waster of talent I have ever seen

The man has no commitment to a team
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Colton F.C.

Lets keep pensioners in the JH(Stevenage Road) Stand and not on the pitch.

MartyFFC

600K a week Gareth Bale signing for a championship side...... that doesn't sound like too much Christmas sherry, but excessive narcotic indulgence