watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, December 25, 2021, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

I do enjoy reading them WSW but if you put your neck on the line, people will always criticise sadly.

Riversider

Quote from: JoeS on February 01, 2022, 12:30:02 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 01, 2022, 12:25:02 AM
Quote from: JoeS on February 01, 2022, 12:23:02 AM
Great deadline day for us in the end. Key position addressed, youngsters loaned out, somehow kept Fabio.

One thing from me, stop giving attention to so called "in the knows".

We were told by a certain someone that Odoi wouldn't leave until the summer. We were also told that Williams deal looked like being off MINUTES before it was officially announced and that a second player was in the pipeline (spoiler alert, there was never another player close to joining today)

After 60 posts, thats quite a claim.

ITKs here generally are just that. Doesn't mean that they will always get it right (these situations are fluid), but they know what's what.

Not sure why the amount of posts I've made is relevant but fair enough, fully appreciate that they are putting their necks on the line and football transfers are ever-changing. My point is simply frustration at someone clearly pretending to be ITK, take a look back at their posts and you will see they have never called something which hadn't already been leaked to the press

Rather than all the gullible turning on Joe to defend W.S.W why don't you simply point him to one single post (just one 🤔, ) on this entire thread where W.S.W brought you genuine ITK information,  bet you can't do it !
Did he tell us about S.Sessegnon, Neco Williams, Odoi ?
W.S.W is the Russell Grant of this message board, and like Grant he has plenty of supporters though they also couldn't justify why,
So get off Joe's back and take W.S.W for what he is, now where's those tea leaves I wanted him to read 🙃

Maidstone Lee

Great deadline day for us in the end. Key position addressed, youngsters loaned out, somehow kept Fabio.

We were told by a certain someone that Odoi wouldn't leave until the summer. We were also told that Williams deal looked like being off MINUTES before it was officially announced and that a second player was in the pipeline (spoiler alert, there was never another player close to joining today)

Well done....now you've chased WSW off from sharing what he knows with us. We like his little updates every now and again.

Bravo JoeS  :031:
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

bobby01

Quote from: Tabby on January 31, 2022, 08:52:00 PM
Quote from: RoyTund on January 31, 2022, 08:49:06 PM
Bournemouth obviously think they didn't have enough and signing players (lots on deadline day) to try and get them over the line this season. Seems a bit scattergun.

Seem to recall that Parker blamed that exact kind of behaviour for his failures a year ago.

Exactly that and went on and on about how it had to change. kieffer Moore for gods sake not even good enough to lace Mitros boots the player he refused to play.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

HV71

Quote from Riversider

" W.S.W is the Russell Grant of this message board, and like Grant he has plenty of supporters"

At least you will never suffer that fate Riversider

StuinSalop

Quote from: Riversider on February 01, 2022, 09:25:08 AM
Quote from: JoeS on February 01, 2022, 12:30:02 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 01, 2022, 12:25:02 AM

After 60 posts, thats quite a claim.

ITKs here generally are just that. Doesn't mean that they will always get it right (these situations are fluid), but they know what's what.

Not sure why the amount of posts I've made is relevant but fair enough, fully appreciate that they are putting their necks on the line and football transfers are ever-changing. My point is simply frustration at someone clearly pretending to be ITK, take a look back at their posts and you will see they have never called something which hadn't already been leaked to the press

Rather than all the gullible turning on Joe to defend W.S.W why don't you simply point him to one single post (just one 🤔, ) on this entire thread where W.S.W brought you genuine ITK information,  bet you can't do it !
Did he tell us about S.Sessegnon, Neco Williams, Odoi ?
W.S.W is the Russell Grant of this message board, and like Grant he has plenty of supporters though they also couldn't justify why,
So get off Joe's back and take W.S.W for what he is, now where's those tea leaves I wanted him to read 🙃

Well that is very helpful...NOT!

Joe can has his views as can you, but to come on and criticise other Fulham fans postings is just totally unhelpful.  If you don't agree with someone that is fine but you have no idea about WSW so don't assume things you know nothing about.  I bet you 95% of Fulham fans on here really look forward to his posts, I do, it adds to the fun and that what this should be all about, not having a go at each other.  Sorry if you think I am having a go at you, I don't mean too, just trying to give the other side of the debate.   If you don't like what someone is saying of course say so, it's all about opinions but don't diss them at the same time.

FFC1987

Let me preface this by saying, I like any information, anyone finds on this thread. The whole point of it is to scour the internet and contacts for information, be it, Koumas to Fulham or Bale to Fulham. The point of the post is, its meant to be entertaining. For what its worth, I love the fact WSW posts what he's seen among other posters. BUT, and its a big but, I have noticed the last 2 windows have been......lacking in regards to things materialising as they have been posted.

I know someone who works at Fulham, lets on a little, but not a lot, and I also have a friend who works at Liverpool so both were feeding me relatively similar information in regards to Fabio and Neco. Both of which were contradicted by some of the posts on here. I hedged my bets and didn't get stuck in as I don't know who other people's contacts are. If I was in other peoples shoes after these last two windows, I'd probably reconsider the reliability of said source(s) especially after the Neco one. We were actively doing all the press conference and it had been signed when he posted it has fallen through. That's just a journalist trying to sensationalise a transfer for a few minutes on skysports. Maybe I'm wrong, but a lot of said info was off the mark again this window.

That's not a criticism. Markets change and whatnot, but part of that Neco post was clearly and I know 100% wrong so wasn't a 'well the thing is, transfers are tricky' situation. Don't stop posting, even wrong information is entertainment on the silly season post but I will say, I think its a tad brittle to just up tools and leave because ultimately, you put your neck out and was wrong a few times. It happens. But its all part of the fun.

LVBPTS

Supporter since 2000

bobby01

Always amazed at this board, it seems to take one side or the other just for a row. The post above from ffc1987 I believe a fair reflection, I personally lose confidence with itk posters when they talk about agreed salaries, this is never in the public domain and is speculation unless you have seen the contracts which would mean the source is at an unbelievable level.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Andyb

Think all need to chill out a bit, if he's wrong does it really matter that much 🙈

FFC1987

Quote from: Andyb on February 01, 2022, 10:00:52 AM
Think all need to chill out a bit, if he's wrong does it really matter that much 🙈

Did we sign Jason Koumas in the end?

Ah, Bournemouth probably did instead.....

Twig

He may not always be proved right but that in no way shows that he doesn't have a degree of inside knowledge. It just means that WSW's information wasn't correct on this occasion. Let's be honest, he was bang on two weeks ago about Mitro and Wilson's Covid enforced absences.

mrmicawbers

I come on here to get information,which saves me doing the legwork someone else has been done.So keep it coming I say cheers

Lighthouse

We are weaker now than we were . Certainly no improvement and while others gamble on new players we gamble on hanging on with what we have and selling a utility player who was useful and bringing in a loan player who may or may not be any good.

As for the rumours and the 'In the Knows' and the speculation. If people don't like it or criticise those that bother to give up information and rumours they hear and know about. Then my suggestion is you just don't bother to come on MBs during transfer deadline day. Half the fun is reading all the gossip. If we end up with snide remarks attacking people for their comments about what they hear and other rumours. Then this place will be a sad little husk of a corpse rotting into the Earth of forgotten hope.

Don't like the rubbish as well as the over the top comments? Well don't read them and you can always make sure you never read them again. By stopping seeing their posts. It is simple to do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Pleased with that window.
We have simply replaced Odoi with a young Welsh international and kept all of our key players, Carvalho in particular.
Our settled first choice line up can now approach the remaining 18 Championship matches with confidence.

Well done TK in pulling a sharp one on Liverpool in the Carvalho matter.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 01, 2022, 10:16:54 AM
We are weaker now than we were . Certainly no improvement and while others gamble on new players we gamble on hanging on with what we have and selling a utility player who was useful and bringing in a

We replaced a near 34 year old full back with someone much younger and more mobile, not sure how that makes us weaker? Bournemouth have signed 5 championship calibre players in a desperate attempt to gamble on promotion and if anything it destabilises their squad.

JoelH5

If Fab goes for free so be it. It's great to set a precedent that young players and other teams can't bully us. Will probably save us way more than 5/8m in the future.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bencher

I would imagine we agreed to let Odoi go at his request, rather than seeking to move him on proactively. He may be getting on in years but he has played enough games this year ahead of Christie, Sessegnon and even Tete at times to show that Silva valued him.
I don't see Odoi and Williams as like for like really, the latter is a wing-back cum winger and not a natural defender like Odoi. For me, Tete still starts in front of Williams when fit, but Williams could be a useful option from the bench to add another dimension to our attack.
The other possibility is Silva wants a more attack minded right back and he will get games in front of Tete. Tete is an excellent defender and has a good cross, but he is naturally quite conservative, and will often get the ball in the last third and pass back into midfield rather than attempt a cross or dribble. Williams would be more direct and allow Wilson to float inside while he bombs down the line as an overlap.

fulhamfan

similar thing happened with David De Gea to Real Madrid and hes still at Man United

Jeroen

So how much 'dead wood' did we manage to offload?

A real shame that we didn't get Kongolo a load deal as he REALLY needs game time to show us he can stay fit
(there is no doubt about his quality)