https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading Away Postponed

Started by bobbo, December 27, 2021, 08:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Oh no, we wanted three more points on the board not the hope of three from a game in hand.
A bird in the hand etc.

HV71

Sgt Fulham

Don't worry, we'll cram half a season into quarter of a season while the other teams get to rest between their games.

bog

:016: :dft001: :dft011: 092.gif

ChesterTheTabby

All very predictable. "Due to injuries and COVID illness"? Sounds like Reading, et al want to use COVID as an excuse to get first team players well and back from injury. Maybe I am being emotional or too harsh, but it's become very sad that this is all happening again.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Wingnut

Wouldn't surprise me if the Swansea game was cancelled also. Could be mid-January before we play our next league game.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

grandad

We will probably end up having to play 5 games in 10 days at some stage.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham 442

Quote from: Wingnut on December 27, 2021, 09:01:45 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if the Swansea game was cancelled also. Could be mid-January before we play our next league game.
That is very likely to happen..

Fulham 442

Quote from: grandad on December 27, 2021, 09:02:39 PM
We will probably end up having to play 5 games in 10 days at some stage.
Surely there has to be some consideration given to our fixture pile up if we have more games postponed? Swansea isn't looking too clever atm..

Baszab

This is going to seriously affect our promotion push

WestSussexWhite

Absolute joke of a decision. They had 17 players available this morning, so don't know why they can't play. Fulham and Reading were expecting the game to go on. We will now have to play 3 times a week Atleast 3 times in the 2nd half of the season whereas AFCB and West Brom won't. The Swansea game will be off too. We will be punished for keeping our squad fully fit and being Covid free.

Logicalman

What from I can find, here is the current postponed matches by team (Home / Away)

Team (H/A)
Barnsley            (1/0)   
Birmingham City      (1/1)
Cardiff City         (2/0)   
Blackburn Rovers      (1/0)   
Coventry City         (1/1)
Fulham            (1/1)
Hull City            (1/0)   
Luton Town         (1/2)
Millwall            (2/0)   
Bristol City         (1/0)   
Peterborough United      (1/1)
Preston North End      (1/2)
Queens Park Rangers      (1/1)
Reading            (1/1)
Sheffield United         (1/1)
Swansea City         (1/2)
West Bromwich Albion   (1/0)   
Reading            (1/0)   
Derby County         (0/1)
Stoke City            (0/2)
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

sunburywhite

Deal with the hand that fate has dealt you not with the hand you wish it had dealt you
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

H4usuallysitting

It's so bad, it's been postponed twice

Stoneleigh Loyalist

If we don't play on Monday and Bournemouth do they could suddenly be four points ahead of us and we would be in a must win situation.
That is how the luck goes!

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Baszab on December 27, 2021, 09:10:04 PM
This is going to seriously affect our promotion push

For the better. We have been so poor lately, this break could give Silva time to fix our current problems. And when it comes to fixture congestion later this season, we have a squad that dwarfs the other 23. We can cope whilst most couldn't.

JohnG

At least with these postponements we shall have any players signed in the January window available (if any, centre back & midfield?) and hopefully integrated into the squad before we have to play the postponements and hopefully we will have adopted a more aggressive (direct) and physical style of play that many of our opponents adopt before then. Automatic promotion is is MUST and there is a real chance of it slipping away. CLASS ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH!

Blawarmy

Reading must be playing a game here. No way they don't have enough players from first team and the youth setup.  Seems the EFL aren't investigating. Does a club just say we can't play and the match gets postponed? It looks that way!