https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri next Premiership Manager to go

Started by rebel, December 31, 2021, 11:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 02, 2022, 08:41:45 AM
Quote from: Andy S on January 02, 2022, 01:07:05 AM
Ranieri was and is a disaster. Clubs get promoted in spite of him and not because of him. He significantly helped us get relegated. And is doing the same to Watford. I hope they put a clause in that doesn't hit them too hard financially

Really..
Think Leicester  fans might think different,and at his present club Watford(who have been riddled with injuries)most of the season,and also squad they have,couldn't  see many managers doing any better there.
I can think of quite a lot of managers who have been bigger disasters than Ranieri.

Was Craig Shakespeare the power behind the throne at Leicester?
Heard that from numerous people.

bog

After Leicester won the league the following season he tried to change the style of play and they plummeted and he was gone. This lot at Watford have no patience, he will soon picking up yet another pay off check. Millions accumulated by way of failing.  :doh:

092.gif   

deadcowboys

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 02, 2022, 09:42:58 AM
Ranieri was and is a disaster. Clubs get promoted in spite of him and not because of him. He significantly helped us get relegated. And is doing the same to Watford. I hope they put a clause in that doesn't hit them too hard financially

Really..
Think Leicester  fans might think different,and at his present club Watford(who have been riddled with injuries)most of the season,and also squad they have,couldn't  see many managers doing any better there.
I can think of quite a lot of managers who have been bigger disasters than Ranieri.

Probably in the same way Ray Harford was the power behind Mcdonald throne. It's why Coach/Manager bring their team with them. Seems to be very few 1 man bands these days at the top level.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 02, 2022, 09:42:58 AM

Really..

He wasn't  much good when he took over, so I doubt that very much.

rebel

Really..

How much of Leicester's success was down to Raneri?

I think it was down to the players at the club at the time, they won a lot of matches by 1 - 0, they kept winning, clubs around them faltered when expected to win. When you talk about 'stars aligning', it's a classic example. Ranieri's easy going style suited the players. Long balls to Vardy, it worked a treat.   

Watford_fc

Our fans certainly support Ranieri more than they do the previous manager who no one seemed to like even when he got us promoted!

Most of the finger pointing is now at the board for not doing enough to improve the defence .

We've have had tough games - trouble is we actually look better in those matches than against teams around or just above us .

Don't know if that is down to a motivational thing or just how we set up ?

toshes mate

Quote from: rebel on January 02, 2022, 09:50:31 AM

Really..

How much of Leicester's success was down to Raneri?

I think it was down to the players at the club at the time, they won a lot of matches by 1 - 0, they kept winning, clubs around them faltered when expected to win. When you talk about 'stars aligning', it's a classic example. Ranieri's easy going style suited the players. Long balls to Vardy, it worked a treat.   
Indeed it was a classic example.  No one knows why it happens since human beings are not blessed with the ability to move the stars around at their command which is probably a rather good thing.   All of us are blessed with moments when everything appears to go right and Ranieri enjoyed a truly 'romantic' moment in PL football which, hopefully someday soon, will see an ordinary team achieving the same success as Leicester.   

blingo

Premier League win with Leicester City.
Italian domestic trophies win with Fiorentina. ...
Spanish Cup win with Valencia CF. ...
Individual accolades in 2016. ...
Ligue 2 title win with AS Monaco.

He can't be that bad if he's won the above.
It can't ALL be down to luck.

When he was at FFC he knew what the situation was. No room to move at all. So he did what any of us would do boarded the sinking ship, and took a fat pay cheque, knowing there was no way out, but it was work. I would have liked to see him with a chunk of cash and a free hand and I think that you would see a different Ranieri to the [moderated] manager many on here seem to think he is.

filham

Watford a little unlucky yesterday with that late goal against them well into an extended 8 minute injury time period time period but Ranieri now under great pressure. His desire for clean sheets is clear but he is finding them harder to come by at Watford than he did at Fulham.

Watford_fc

Quote from: filham on January 02, 2022, 10:37:21 AM
Watford a little unlucky yesterday with that late goal against them well into an extended 8 minute injury time period time period but Ranieri now under great pressure. His desire for clean sheets is clear but he is finding them harder to come by at Watford than he did at Fulham.

None all season!

We were unfortunate yesterday although Spurs dominated but we defend well for once.

In all fairness the injury time was due to a fan taking ill so no complaints there.

I just don't think we are very good regardless of who the manager is.

Maybe 3/4 Premier league quality players and the rest not up to it.

I do agree at Leicester Ranieri seems to be the motivator to get the players going whilst the likes of Craig Shakespeare trained the team and probably organised them.

bobbo

Quote from: rebel on January 01, 2022, 07:44:03 PM
Newcastle for me, for obvious reasons.

Shearer cost me an accumulator 20 years ago!  :005:
what ever you do don't hold a grudge 😂😂
1975 just leaving home full of hope

rebel

Quote from: Watford_fc on January 02, 2022, 10:04:02 AM
Our fans certainly support Ranieri more than they do the previous manager who no one seemed to like even when he got us promoted!

Most of the finger pointing is now at the board for not doing enough to improve the defence .

We've have had tough games - trouble is we actually look better in those matches than against teams around or just above us .

That's nonsense, Joka is 'worshiped by the fans'.

rebel

Quote from: blingo on January 02, 2022, 10:32:07 AM
Premier League win with Leicester City.
Italian domestic trophies win with Fiorentina. ...
Spanish Cup win with Valencia CF. ...
Individual accolades in 2016. ...
Ligue 2 title win with AS Monaco.

He can't be that bad if he's won the above.

When he was at FFC he knew what the situation was. No room to move at all. So he did what any of us would do boarded the sinking ship, and took a fat pay cheque, knowing there was no way out, but it was work. I would have liked to see him with a chunk of cash and a free hand and I think that you would see a different Ranieri to the [moderated] manager many on here seem to think he is.

I'd need to look deeper at how those trophy wins were achieved, but I stick to what I've said. The strength of the respective countries etc.

Watford_fc

Quote from: rebel on January 02, 2022, 11:28:05 AM

I am a Watford fan - sorry.

Was talking about Xisco Munoz.

toshes mate

Quote from: blingo on January 02, 2022, 10:32:07 AM
[Ranieri] can't be that bad if he's won the above.

I think Ranieri has a record that speaks for him, but then I didn't mention 'luck' since it is not the same thing as everything coming together to make it possible.  Ranieri will know what he did at and for Leicester and will be rightly proud of his input.

The FFC incident was something entirely different and I don't blame Ranieri at all.  I blame at least one of the Khans for not making crucial decisions after the 'White Wall Win'.  IMO if they didn't 'trust' Jokanovic (because of the CK Incident?) to deliever in the PL under recruitment prejudices then TK should have persuaded SK to sack SJ and appoint someone else knowing full well that Ranieri would have been interested.   A whole season of Ranieri, including some recruitment input, may have worked out very differently.

JimOG

Quote from: Watford_fc on January 02, 2022, 11:56:53 AM
Quote from: rebel on January 02, 2022, 11:28:05 AM

I am a Watford fan - sorry.

Was talking about Xisco Munoz.

Good to read opinions like this from other clubs - an interesting insight. Watford fc we have seen only glimpses of Chalobah since he left you - were you sorry he left? Is he the defensive midfielder we at Fulham really need?   

St Eve

perry geyton

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 02, 2022, 04:42:14 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on January 02, 2022, 02:31:24 AM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 01, 2022, 10:08:59 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 01, 2022, 09:33:01 PM
I hope Leeds are one of the relegated teams personally!
Awful fans, awful manager and yet loved by media!?

Leeds and Bournemouth alike
YES their support is revolting but they play exciting football
I'd hardly call their manager awful either

Who plays exciting football?
Leeds
always entertain

perry geyton

Ranierri told our players they needed to go to McDonald's to fatten up, probably got a pay check from them for saying it, inexcusable
he also singled out and dropped some of our best players......
terrible manager in my opinion and got paid a fortune

Whitesideup

Quote from: perry geyton on January 02, 2022, 07:11:05 PM

Ranierri told our players they needed to go to McDonald's to fatten up, probably got a pay check from them for saying it, inexcusable
he also singled out and dropped some of our best players......
terrible manager in my opinion and got paid a fortune
Terrible for us. Took a side that was improving and made them worse again. Insisted on playing Cearney right-wing. Clueless at Craven Cottage.