watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just watched the goals

Started by The Swan, January 11, 2022, 10:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

It looked as if we could score every time we went forward.

This is the style of play that we were all hoping .We need the same energy on Saturday against Bristol City. Well played Fulham.
The Swan

Sgt Fulham

It's amazing what confidence does, in both directions. We absolutely broke their spirit.

ChesterTheTabby

Postponing may not have served any of these teams well...
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Oakeshott

According to the BBC:

"Fulham became the first side since the 1895-96 season to score seven goals twice in a league season."

The Rock

Realistically, the game could have gone either way. I thought Reading deserved the penalty in the first half and we didn't. Game changer. Carroll's wonderful bicycle kick was quality.

Similar to Blackburn, you can't play against us in that situation. We will crush them like Man City will crush us. The refs like quality and quality gets the rub of the green.

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Rock on January 11, 2022, 11:21:07 PM
Realistically, the game could have gone either way. I thought Reading deserved the penalty in the first half and we didn't. Game changer. Carroll's wonderful bicycle kick was quality.

Similar to Blackburn, you can't play against us in that situation. We will crush them like Man City will crush us. The refs like quality and quality gets the rub of the green.

What makes a penalty deserved? Carroll went down like he'd been shot from minimal contact and it was never EVER a penalty. Their CB took Wilson out for literally no reason and it was a penalty, nothing to do with who deserved it or didn't, the ref got both decisions right for a change.

The Rock

Carroll was offsides obv for the bicycle Vick and their player did take Wilson down though he got to the ball. I did think Carroll could have been rewarded a penalty though.

love4ffc

On another day that would of been a penalty given to Carrol.  Today luck was on our side. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bencher

There were a couple of key moments in the first half, not least Rodak's save at 0-1. The Carroll goals were both clearly offside so I don't regard them as significant, beautiful though they were. Ultimately, the penalty totally killed them and I was initially surprised it was given. I think if that had been given against us I would have been disappointed. Carroll's penalty shout was debatable. Tosin had a nibble at him but I'm not sure it was really enough.

WhiteJC

AJW48361

The penalty, very surprised it was given especially with Harry Wilson the involved player.Refs definitely have identified him has a player that goes down fairly easy.

bog

Thanks for posting this whitejc. made my day!!!  :54: 049:gif

RaySmith

Quote from: bog on January 12, 2022, 09:41:50 AM
Thanks for posting this whitejc. made my day!!!  :54: 049:gif

:plus one:

JimOG

Quote from: The Rock on January 12, 2022, 12:44:30 AM
Carroll was offsides obv for the bicycle Vick and their player did take Wilson down though he got to the ball. I did think Carroll could have been rewarded a penalty though.

Just looked at that in the extended highlights and he doesn't get the ball ..just Wilson & he knows it by his reaction. So many good things last night not least Muniz proving, as many of you said, that with service he has got much to offer; Mitro's brilliant vision to cut the ball through those lines to Wilson for Kebano's goal. But perhaps weirdly I enjoyed Tosin's header most. He got one against Bournemouth but that was a flick on - this was meeting it at full tilt & we need our centre backs to be a threat at set pieces. I'm hoping that, almost inevitable, lull has been replaced by our dynamic football once again

filham

Quote from: The Rock on January 11, 2022, 11:21:07 PM

Man.City crush us ??, bet they are shaking in their boots at the thought of playing a team that is making a habit of scoring seven goals away from home.