more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cairney was superb today

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 15, 2022, 05:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Quote from: Andy S on January 15, 2022, 08:02:55 PM
Well done Tom.Another great performance. Yes his cock up gave a goal away but everyone makes mistakes. I don't know if I would make him man of the match as he was flagging before he came off. But his replacements didn't do any better with fresh legs

I don't think it was his fault, multiple players did not react when the keeper gathered the ball, everyone seemed to stop for a few seconds as the keeper released the ball. At least Tom got back to help out, how he was covering back there I don't know but it was hardly a cock up, quality finish by a decent young forward

perry geyton

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 15, 2022, 06:42:19 PM
Quote from: Twig on January 15, 2022, 06:38:01 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 15, 2022, 05:49:48 PM
Other than his pitiful attempt at tackling for the first goal he played well

Well done for the grudging complement.

What? Are you trying to insinuate I don't like/rate TC? You're allowed to say someone played well and criticise someone for awful defending at the same time, which is exactly what it was

I didn't realize he was a make shift right back, if you wanna criticize then question those that should of been in that position in the first place

SG

Quote from: perry geyton on January 16, 2022, 04:10:43 AM

What? Are you trying to insinuate I don't like/rate TC? You're allowed to say someone played well and criticise someone for awful defending at the same time, which is exactly what it was

I didn't realize he was a make shift right back, if you wanna criticize then question those that should of been in that position in the first place

Exactly right. We switched yet again for a few seconds. He shouldn't have been the player in that position

Sting of the North

Quote from: LC on January 15, 2022, 10:07:52 PM
Well done Tom.Another great performance. Yes his cock up gave a goal away but everyone makes mistakes. I don't know if I would make him man of the match as he was flagging before he came off. But his replacements didn't do any better with fresh legs

I don't think it was his fault, multiple players did not react when the keeper gathered the ball, everyone seemed to stop for a few seconds as the keeper released the ball. At least Tom got back to help out, how he was covering back there I don't know but it was hardly a cock up, quality finish by a decent young forward

Agree with this. His defending wasn't great, but he kept the forward outside with very little net to aim at. He was also quick to be back defending as opposed to a number of other players. Very far from a cock up indeed and hugely exaggerated by several posters.

ffcne

Think the same. Absolute awful defending just had to show him away from goal not limply stick out his leg.

TC's Sporran

the first few minutes they were tight onto him as with all our players and he struggled to have much effect. but once they eased up their press he found space and used the ball quickly and effectively. no goals but 2 assists and involved in a lot of good play. a lot less of the hanging onto the ball slowing it down stuff he was often accused of and instead we are seeing quick accurate moving on of the ball. playing a key part in the teams recent upturn.
its very good to watch

Southcoastffc

TC had, IMO, a very good game. Criticising him for Bristol's first goal, when he was 'an emergency RB' seems to me bizarre. On the other hand, look again at what precedes Kebano's first goal: Mitro's header from Tete's great run and cross, which was only possible because of TC's SUPERB midfield challenge.  Marco Silva has him playing like never before.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Deeping_white

He's one of three players we left out of the box to cover counter attacks from corners. Funny how you've turned this around to bash Tete (no surpises there) - go back and watch the highlights, people have turned my comment from a molehill into a mountain but even Jim and Jamie call it out as bad defending. I will reiterate from my ORIGINAL comment - "he played well"

Motspur Park

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2022, 11:02:06 AM

He's one of three players we left out of the box to cover counter attacks from corners. Funny how you've turned this around to bash Tete (no surpises there) - go back and watch the highlights, people have turned my comment from a molehill into a mountain but even Jim and Jamie call it out as bad defending. I will reiterate from my ORIGINAL comment - "he played well"

I think the defending looked bad because of his shrug and give up attitude, which he shouldn't have done. He stopped the attacker heading towards goal but having gone outside, Cairney should have been able to at least put the attacker under pressure. The shot was good but should he have scored from there?
Overall, when we lost possession from the corner there was a collective failure in getting our shape back quick enough. We were jogging back until there was a realisation that they were attacking with purpose. That was more than Cairney's fault as there should have been cover.

rusty shackleford

Great to see TC finally back. Hes been amazing

Ara's bacon crisps

He was sublime yesterday, and at Reading on Tuesday, and on this form is worth the admission fee on his own. Just too good for Championship teams when he's on song.

Re the first goal, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say he was sold a very good dummy by a player who had an electric first half hour and was Bristol's best player on the day by a country mile. In TC's defence, you could instantly see he knew he was at fault and immediately set about trying to make amends - I was wincing for his dodgy knee as he went into some tackles, but happily he came through them fine.

Should also give a mention to the manager for the way he has managed TC's return from what we all feared was a career ending knee injury and has found the way to get the very best out of him again.

perry geyton

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2022, 11:02:06 AM

"He played well"
Actually he was outstanding, to say he played well is an insult to his performance, same applies to the reading game

ken 44

I agree Tom was superb yesterday lets hope he stays fit.
The first fifteen minuits were iffy but there after brilliant./ :003:

LittleErn

I don't see that it was "his cock-up". He is not a defender and did well to get into a defensive position at all.  The cock-up, if there was one, was not anticipating the goalie's distribution in the first place, and that was a risk we take when pressing.