watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 16, 2022, 01:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Big Boys in the Prem will come for Tosin in the summer - what a commanding players, in defense and winning crosses and second balls in the oppositions pen. Lord almighty do we need to hold on to him... and we got him for 3m!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bencher

When he maintains concentration properly, he's also a bit of a deep lying playmaker. Some of his passes along the ground cutting through the midfield are gorgeous and really help turn defence to attack.

PaulJ123

I do like Tosin but he's not ready for a big club. His positioning and decision making at times is poor (like when he took out Carroll on Tuesday).

Mr K.Dilkington

He is very very good but there's still quite a lot of improvement there to be had. Saying that the potential is for all to see...
Foolish ham

WestSussexWhite

He's good but a couple of times yesterday he tried to get in front of his man and got turned

FFC1987

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 16, 2022, 01:38:08 PM
I do like Tosin but he's not ready for a big club. His positioning and decision making at times is poor (like when he took out Carroll on Tuesday).

If you're suggesting Tosin fouled Carroll for a penalty, I couldn't disagree more.

perry geyton

If we go up it's vital he stays and he will

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: bencher on January 16, 2022, 01:36:41 PM
When he maintains concentration properly, he's also a bit of a deep lying playmaker. Some of his passes along the ground cutting through the midfield are gorgeous and really help turn defence to attack.

I actually think he's learned this from Ream. It's his speciality and the two obviously pair well together. When Tosin first joined he never used to run clears and make those passes. Another way Ream is building the future through his example with his time horizon waning.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

JimmyConway

To bring him along further I think he needs a very good experienced centre back to play alongside. Finding one of them extremely difficult.

MikeTheCubed

He'll almost certainly be off in the summer if we don't go up, as he'll only have a year left on his contract.

filham

Tosin will develop nicely with another 20 games to play this season and be ready for the premiership next season. He will need a new partner though as the wonderful Tim Ream may be short of pace.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on January 16, 2022, 04:47:27 PM
He'll almost certainly be off in the summer if we don't go up, as he'll only have a year left on his contract.

We've got the option to extend it by a year

LC

Zero chance will sell him this summer, we'll be in the PL and he'll play a key part in the future of the club. Couldn't be surprised to see him offered a new contract this summer

Cookie6262

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on January 16, 2022, 10:00:27 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on January 16, 2022, 04:47:27 PM

We've got the option to extend it by a year

Having an option is great news as even with promotion we would have had to sell with only 12 months left on his contract... if we do win promotion I would have a new contract offer on the desk of his agent.

bencher

I see him as potentially our next captain.

PaulJ123

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 16, 2022, 02:15:59 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 16, 2022, 01:38:08 PM

If you're suggesting Tosin fouled Carroll for a penalty, I couldn't disagree more.

I'm not suggesting it was a foul, but he did contribute to him going over and it could've been given. I don't agree that it should've been but they are given sometimes. It's that sort of decision making that needs to improve as that could easily cost a goal.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on January 16, 2022, 02:36:15 PM
Quote from: bencher on January 16, 2022, 01:36:41 PM

I actually think he's learned this from Ream. It's his speciality and the two obviously pair well together. When Tosin first joined he never used to run clears and make those passes. Another way Ream is building the future through his example with his time horizon waning.

He made those sort of passes on his debut. It's one of the things that instantly impressed me.

S.F.Sorrow

He had a good game against Bristol City but personally I think he's been slightly disappointing this season. His positioning and passing has been questionable at times. The potential is there but he needs more experience. Of course, most CBs tend to look poor when they are paired with Ream. Tosin actually looked better last season in the Premier League. I guess playing with a better CB like Andersen will make it easier to take the step ut. We really need to sort out the situation at LCB. Ream plus a lot of injured players is a recipe for disaster. To be fair, Ream has been better than I had expected this season but he's still a liability.

Snibbo

Blimey,  you'd think from some of these comments that Ream is a liability and Tosin is a carthorse. Only WBA have conceded less goals than us and they've also scored over 30 less

Of course our defence is not  premier league ready,  but the table shows its about the best in the league despite our being a highly attack minded team.

Bronaldinho

When we signed him, it was definitely as a stepping stone move for him. Man City really didn't want to let him go, but he requested it.

Definitely has all the attributes to be a leading CB at a bigger club.

I just hope we get the most out of him, promotion and a contract extension would be huge.

Agree with what was said above though, does have the odd lapse in concentration.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com