watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That was a Gritty Win!

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 22, 2022, 05:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Players out due to COVID, away to Stoke, a team in fine form, a gritty win up North. Great to see!  082.gif 082.gif 049:gif 049:gif
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Mr K.Dilkington

Massive massive win. That was championship winning result imo
Foolish ham

Southcoastffc

North?????  Carlisle, Sunderland and Newcastle are North. Stoke is Midlands!!!!  :dft012:     But yes, a gritty win against a good team.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Add to that a poor ref and Tete's injury. Yes, gritty indeed.

And no, we weren't up north!

RoyTund

Great result. Character, skill, and other results our way

bog

Brilliant! Aren't us Fulham supporters walking tall! All this dancing about is playing havoc with my hips!   :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif 049:gif

092.gif 

Deeping_white

That was huge for a number of reasons. Winning from behind (again the seecond time in a week having not done it since 2018 before then), winning without Mitro showing we're not a 1 man team, winning without our best TWO players (3 if you want to include that Seri is at AFCON), winning ugly AND going 8 points clear, which is essentially 9 due to GD. Psychologically that's a huge weekend for us.

RaySmith

What a win - the team really battled for it.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Twig on January 22, 2022, 05:10:05 PM
Add to that a poor ref and Tete's injury. Yes, gritty indeed.

And no, we weren't up north!
I didn't think the ref was poor.  At least he let the game flow.  Disappointing about Tete's injury though.  Hopefully nothing serious...

Finnans Right Peg

Best win since we have come after christmas

FFCFOREVER

What I just witnessed was a fine example of winning ugly, whilst also playing some nice stuff

Count Flapula

Both players who came in got a goal and an assist - couldnt ask for better than that really.

Massive win.

Jules

Fantastic result! Well played lads. Dug in and grinded it out. Bmth losing is huge as well. COYW  049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

This was a magnificent away win, especially in that environment with another mediocre referee and this was a strengthened Stoke City team and ironically both goalscorers would have started from the bench today if Mitro and Harry had been available, so it pays off to have a squad that can improvise in these situations.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bigalffc

Phew, watching that game on a dodgy stream that kept going back to the first half, I'm as knackered as our players must be.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 22, 2022, 05:10:01 PM
North?????  Carlisle, Sunderland and Newcastle are North. Stoke is Midlands!!!!  :dft012:     But yes, a gritty win against a good team.

North of SW6 ;) but fair point I was incorrect!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ianthailand

Quote from: bog on January 22, 2022, 05:11:02 PM
Brilliant! Aren't us Fulham supporters walking tall! All this dancing about is playing havoc with my hips!   :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif 049:gif

092.gif 
Stop the break dancing Bog!

Deeping_white

Quote from: terryr on January 22, 2022, 05:21:46 PM
The stoke board is a sight to behold

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/302987/stoke-city-fulham?page=26

I like how we're all vile cheating scum when the Stoke players spent most of the first half having a diving competition