watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackpool

Started by sarnian, January 22, 2022, 08:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Will we now be tempted to postpone next weeks game?

If Mitro and Wilson are still ill, if Tete and Bryan are injured and Seri, Robinson, Hector and Bobby D Reid on international duty that makes quite a dent in our squad. That would leave us with only Odoi as a full back.

Under league rules you are entitled to postpone a game if you have 3 or more players away on international duty.

Tabby

We have Sess and Larkeche to call up from the U23 side as well. Not sure more fixture congestion later in the season is preferable.

Denver Fulham

If all of those players are out, I would ask for a postponement. Why disadvantage ourselves when we can have them all back for when the game is rescheduled?

filham

If Mitro and Wilson were out with Covid surely there is a chance that more players could soon test positive.

Caedal

I'd be surprised if the game wasn't postponed, especially with all the players we'll have on a non European international fixtures

TC's Sporran

Quote from: filham on January 22, 2022, 09:59:55 PM
If Mitro and Wilson were out with Covid surely there is a chance that more players could soon test positive.

and thats the worry.
i wonder how often the players are tested?
i would test 3 or 4 times  a day every day to minimize the risk of it spreading. far far over the top in most instances but when you are talking losing key players which could even over a week define our season

Thames Bank 1

Strange why we did not call off games previously when players had that if
bug prior to the Derby game, would surely have been a good enough call

fcfulham55

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 22, 2022, 10:07:22 PM

and thats the worry.
i would test 3 or 4 times  a day every day to minimize the risk of it spreading. far far over the top in most instances but when you are talking losing key players which could even over a week define our season

Shoving something up your nose 3 or 4 times a day will make you ILL.

Perhaps they just have a covid party. Stay away from vulnerable, carry on training to keep match fitness. As most won't even realise they have it.  Then a week later wheb they're testing negative, back in the action. (Obviously a postponement needed if a game sits within that week)
Sent from my Nokia 3310

H4usuallysitting

Never fear.... I'm warming up....just got to get out of my cab first

TC's Sporran

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 23, 2022, 08:58:41 AM
Never fear.... I'm warming up....just got to get out of my cab first
Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 23, 2022, 12:45:55 AM
Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 22, 2022, 10:07:22 PM

and thats the worry.

Shoving something up your nose 3 or 4 times a day will make you ILL.

Perhaps they just have a covid party. Stay away from vulnerable, carry on training to keep match fitness. As most won't even realise they have it.  Then a week later wheb they're testing negative, back in the action. (Obviously a postponement needed if a game sits within that week)

they test saliva

AJW48361

Twitter On Jedi call up game going ahead.

We Are Premier League

We actually don't have that many mid week games later in the season, think game will be called off if the boys are called up by Jamaica

Tabby

Seemingly only BDR called up for Jamaica.

Southcoastffc

Jamaica squad announced this evening:

However, Hall is not short of striking options as he has called up West Ham's Michail Antonio, Queens Park Rangers' Andre Gray, Philadelphia Union's Cory Burke, FC Toulouse's Junior Flemmings, Fulham's Bobby Reid, and Santos de Guapiles' Javon East.

In midfield, Miami FC's Devon Williams and Lamar Walker, Blackpool FC's Kevin Stewart, Derby County's Ravel Morrison, Hartford Athletic's Peter-Lee Vassell and Preston North End's Daniel Johnson got the nod for the crucial matches.

In defence, Hall will choose from the likes of Reading FC's Liam Moore, Macarthur FC's Adian Mariappa, recent Inter Miami signee Damion Lowe, Toronto FC's Kemar Lawrence, Morecambe FC's Gregory Leigh, Vancouver Whitecap's Javain Brown and FC Cincinnati's Alvas Powell.

Andre Blake of Philadelphia Union, Dwayne Miller of Eskilstuna City and Amal Knight of Harbour View FC make up the goalkeeper pool.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Somerset Fulham

I hate this.

We should play, we have a huge number of players on our books and if they aren't here for a situation such as this, then why are they here?

That said, I hate even more that other clubs have taken advantage of rules for their own gain so I can get why people would want to think this way.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LC

The biggest problem is the left back position.. with all the injuries and covid related issues I think our line up would be something like this:

Rodak
Odoi Tosin Hector Ream
        Reed Cairney
Knockaert Fabio Kebano
            Muniz

Yes, I've gone Ream at left back, he has played there before. If not him then who?

Alternatively we can switch formation and go for: 3-4-3

Rodak
   Hector Tosin Ream
Odoi Reed Cairney Kebano
    Knockaert Fabio
             Muniz

I'm presuming Hector hasn't gone with the Jamaican squad, if he has then, Hector obviously won't be available so Mawson will move into the back 4 or 3 depending on the formation.

Not sure what the bench will look like but presuming that 11 is available I would play the game, I think it's still good enough to win

Middlesexclub

Seri is at the AFCON already.

We Are Premier League

3 players on international duty so we can call it off if we wish, and i think we will do so if Mitro, Wilson, Bryan, Tete, Cav are still out.

Edit: If Seri gets knocked out by Salah we will only have two players called up...

itombomb

If Mitro and Wilson aren't around to play then we should take advantage of the rule and postpone.

If they are fit, we might as well play the game even if we need to play Ream/Sess/U23 at LB.