watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro/Wilson

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 24, 2022, 07:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

I haven't seen any news from the club or read anything  anywhere,that they actually have Covid.
Or have I missed something,the BBC(lol) just said on Saturday they were rested for this game.🤔

WestSussexWhite

It is covid, Silva wouldn't confirm after the game whether they have it, I'm assuming so that Blackpool can't predict our team? I know it's only 5 days isolation, but they still have to test negative after day 5 and I don't know many people that have tested negative that soon

Mr K.Dilkington

Liverpool/Tottenham in for them for combined 1 million fee
Foolish ham

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on January 24, 2022, 07:52:10 AM
It is covid, Silva wouldn't confirm after the game whether they have it, I'm assuming so that Blackpool can't predict our team? I know it's only 5 days isolation, but they still have to test negative after day 5 and I don't know many people that have tested negative that soon

Seems all secretive  to me,either they got it or they haven't.
Why would the manager not disclose it.

Oakeshott

"Why would the manager not disclose it."

Because it is personal health information and they have not authorised disclosure.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 24, 2022, 08:05:08 AM

Because it is personal health information and they have not authorised disclosure.
Plausible deniability. DENY. EVERYTHING.
Foolish ham

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 24, 2022, 08:05:08 AM

That's nonsense  Dr Kildare😉

Oakeshott

Fortunately, the Club know the data protection law better than you, MnT.

The following guidance is spot on:

"It may be appropriate for an employer to inform employees if a colleague has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), so that steps can be taken to prevent further transmission. However, the employer must keep in mind its data protection obligations in relation to the employee and disclose no more information than is necessary. The employer may be able to provide information that allows staff to know if they have been in recent close contact with the employee who has tested positive, without identifying the individual involved.

In its guidance for employers on workplace testing, the Information Commissioner's Office states that employers should keep their staff informed about potential or confirmed cases among colleagues, but that they should "avoid naming individuals if possible"."

Making an individual's health state - COVID or any other condition - public without the individual's agreement is a definite no for employers, with significant penalties for a breach.

And we are (not unreasonably) assuming COVID the likely problem. Think of other possible health conditions - STDs for example - and presumably you'll have no difficulty seeing why there are laws around the issue.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 24, 2022, 08:45:22 AM
Fortunately, the Club know the data protection law better than you, MnT.

The following guidance is spot on:

"It may be appropriate for an employer to inform employees if a colleague has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), so that steps can be taken to prevent further transmission. However, the employer must keep in mind its data protection obligations in relation to the employee and disclose no more information than is necessary. The employer may be able to provide information that allows staff to know if they have been in recent close contact with the employee who has tested positive, without identifying the individual involved.

In its guidance for employers on workplace testing, the Information Commissioner's Office states that employers should keep their staff informed about potential or confirmed cases among colleagues, but that they should "avoid naming individuals if possible"."

Making an individual's health state - COVID or any other condition - public without the individual's agreement is a definite no for employers, with significant penalties for a breach.

And we are (not unreasonably) assuming COVID the likely problem. Think of other possible health conditions - STDs for example - and presumably you'll have no difficulty seeing why there are laws around the issue.

I thought as like every other club that you had to disclose to the EFL all cases of it,so I'm not really taking in what you say.
Data protection  at Football clubs...Really?

Oakeshott

Yes, really. Football clubs are employers, like all other employers, with no special rights or dispensations.

If you have any doubt about the accuracy of what I have posted, contact the Club and they will confirm it.

(I am assuming that you've neither been an employer or employee for some years, otherwise you'd be aware how much data protection legislation impacts on corporate life.)

toshes mate

If you test positive then you must isolate although no test (PCR or LFT) is definitive in its result.  That is why all manufacturers of these testing kits have stated very clearly that tests 'must be conducted only on symptomatic patients who are under the care of a qualified medical doctor'.   

I fully concur with Oakeshott's comment about privacy of employees.     

Bill2

If it is covid and with this weekend being a non european international break should we get our game postponed. We have 3 players called up for international duty, plus Seri at African cup plus 2 covid cases we have lost potentially over half our team.
I believe that if you have 3 players called up for international duty and it is not an official international break you can apply to get the game postponed and while this means another game to fit in it must be worth it. We are playing a team we must expect 3 points from if you are pushing for promotion.

Fulham1959

Good input, Oakeshott - thanks.

rusty shackleford

Mince n Tatties clinging on by a thread to any hope he doesnt have to admit WSW was correct

Twig

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 24, 2022, 11:19:18 AM
Mince n Tatties clinging on by a thread to any hope he doesnt have to admit WSW was correct

I'd say that thread had stretched beyond breaking point. Time for a big man apology MnT!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2022, 11:42:00 AM

I'd say that thread had stretched beyond breaking point. Time for a big man apology MnT!

Apologise  for what....What are you on about?
I'm on about why the club hasn't  said anything,nothing to do with wsw.

LC

Pretty sure they club don't have to say anything re covid- I'm sure the league is informed but they couldn't reveal particulars. Personal health disclosures plus why would you give away a tactical advantage

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on January 24, 2022, 11:04:09 AM
If it is covid and with this weekend being a non european international break should we get our game postponed. We have 3 players called up for international duty, plus Seri at African cup plus 2 covid cases we have lost potentially over half our team.
I believe that if you have 3 players called up for international duty and it is not an official international break you can apply to get the game postponed and while this means another game to fit in it must be worth it. We are playing a team we must expect 3 points from if you are pushing for promotion.
Also Tete was injured on Saturday, I suspect he will not be fit for the Blackpool game so we could well be without Mitro, Wilson, Robinson, BDR, Seri and Tete and I think Bryan may also not be fit.

Seems like we need a postponement.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: LC on January 24, 2022, 12:47:55 PM
Pretty sure they club don't have to say anything re covid- I'm sure the league is informed but they couldn't reveal particulars. Personal health disclosures plus why would you give away a tactical advantage

Correct they dont....But it's strange that theyv'e revealed in the past the other players who have had it, and Mitro was one of them.🤔

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2022, 12:23:37 PM
Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2022, 11:42:00 AM

Apologise  for what....What are you on about?
I'm on about why the club hasn't  said anything,nothing to do with wsw.

Come on, it's a pretty transparent and last ditch attempt to discredit WSW's pre match revelation that two key players were out with Covid.  I don't understand why you don't just hold your hands up and admit that you were wrong to doubt the guy. I understand the initial cynicism months ago but he called this news way before ot was out on any twitter feeds or the internet.