more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

February is looking mild, I can remember snow in February

Started by rebel, January 26, 2022, 02:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Mr K.Dilkington

It is mild but it's so overcast you never trust if it will rain or not.
Foolish ham

rebel

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 26, 2022, 02:22:38 PM
It is mild but it's so overcast you never trust if it will rain or not.

Sun beaming in South East.

mrmicawbers

Can actually remember what month it was but we had one hell of a winter in the early sixties.Closed the schools for 6 weeks.

copthornemike

The way it is with the current climate might snow in May!
Heavy snow in Athens of all places last week, and not a light dusting either!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 26, 2022, 02:41:36 PM
Can actually remember what month it was but we had one hell of a winter in the early sixties.Closed the schools for 6 weeks.

!962 - 63 the "Big Freeze"

Milkmen delivering milk in skiis!

Christine Keeler & Mandy Rice Davies affairs with Profumo & the Russian bring down Harold McMillan's Government.

The Beatles are discovered as is Mary Quant & the mini skirt

I was 12 & just missed out on all that - Kings Road, Carnaby Street etc

Timing.....

mrmicawbers

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 26, 2022, 02:48:26 PM

Christine Keeler & Mandy Rice Davies affairs with Profumo & the Russian bring down Harold McMillan's Government.

Timing.....

Unlucky Vic,i was only 5 so went right over my head.Yes the big freeze started boxing day and went on until March according to Wiki.We had some great slides in our road in Fulham.Not many cars then so absolutely brilliant

Mince n Tatties

I read the other day that there are Arctic winds coming in February  that make it feel minus 10...
BBC have never got my area of Suffolk right in years,if they say it's going to be mild,I put coat on as its normally  the opposite. 😄

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 26, 2022, 02:56:36 PM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 26, 2022, 02:48:26 PM

Timing.....

Unlucky Vic,i was only 5 so went right over my head.Yes the big freeze started boxing day and went on until March according to Wiki.We had some great slides in our road in Fulham.Not many cars then so absolutely brilliant

We had a slide about 100 yards long,all downhill at local lock up garages,like glass it was for weeeks.

filham

!963 the big freeze up ,started just after Christmas and snow on the ground for some 10 weeks and no football.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The Winter of 1963. Nothing to do with many local leagues abandoned for the season.
Saw some of the best films released Laurence of Arabia, The Longest Day and Cliff .Richard in
Summer Holiday!

sunburywhite

Quote from: filham on January 26, 2022, 05:49:37 PM
!963 the big freeze up ,started just after Christmas and snow on the ground for some 10 weeks and no football.

Snow up to the window sill in Teddington

Milk freezing in the doorstep deliveries and expanding so it looked like a cork coming out of the bottle

60 years before global warming
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

St Eve

Woolly Mammoth

I remember the last time it snowed heavily in England, i recall my wife staring through the window for over an hour non stop.
I thought to myself if it gets any worse i might have to let her in.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2022, 09:18:20 PM
I remember the last time it snowed heavily in England, i recall my wife staring through the window for over an hour non stop.
I thought to myself if it gets any worse i might have to let her in.
🤣🤣🤣

Somerset Fulham

Global warming does have a few short term benefits for sure unless you read the Mail or the Express and the SNOWBASTARD bollocks that they seem to print every couple of days this time of year.

Long term, it's probably not such a great thing though really.

Oakeshott

"Global warming does have a few short term benefits"

Yes, for some parts of the globe quite significant ones, but obviously very detrimental to others. As you say, longer term not good.