Grealish

Started by terryr, February 05, 2022, 04:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Just can't warm to the cheat
I really despise him.
Pity as he has talent

Bassey the warrior

Yes he's a cheat but also quite ineffective for Man City, at £100m he's even worse value than Harry Maguire at £85m. Certainly Foden showing he's comfortably the better player.

bog

Such a sweet fall to the turf for the penalty 

Texas White

Quote from: bog on February 05, 2022, 05:06:00 PM
Such a sweet fall to the turf for the penalty 

I think you have to imagine just how many times he has practiced falling in front of a big mirror in his bedroom. I bet he fixes his hair between each one.

SP

And the refs just lap it up as demonstrated when Moss decided to ignore the blatant dive by the WHU player today.

South Coast White

Never a pen, cheating little ....

filham

Grealish is talented and he has clearly concentrated on developing his diving technique to a point where it is a major asset.
Surely though referees will soon be aware of it and it will earn him nothing but cards.

TC's Sporran

he sums up all that is wrong with the game for me.
in my eyes the aim for any forward is to score goals. stay on your feet skillfully avoid tackles and score. sadly that mindset is  long gone and not been the case for years.
going out of your way and almost basing your whole game around deceit is just low down almost cowardly and not in the spirit of the game.
but refs buy it, coaches instill it into their players and the fans have all adopted this win at all costs mentality that i hate with a passion. if the fans booed it even of their own players i am sure it would stop.
ive been accused of shouting get up you nancy.

im a sad old dinosoar lol.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

The thing is, it's rife in the game now. There aren't managers who say 'don't do that' etc and certainly no players honest enough to stay on their feet.
Hes always been a diver though, now he just does it with £100 million price tag.

Fulham1959

i think he is overrated and consequently over-valued.  He has not really contributed very much to the England team.

ALG01

i loathe him and see no merit to a selfish player that cheats endlessly

Stevieboy

Right near he end Muniz was 'touched' in the box and I thought....Grealish would have gone down there, and Sterling isn't averse to a bit of the Tom Daley's either.

MartyFFC

Spends a lot of time going sideways and backwards waiting/hoping to be fouled. He was great at Villa, but looks like a hundred million quid down the toilet for City

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: MartyFFC on February 05, 2022, 10:46:09 PM
Spends a lot of time going sideways and backwards waiting/hoping to be fouled. He was great at Villa, but looks like a hundred million quid down the toilet for City

He was the big fish at Villa. He is now bang average. Foden is a vastly superior player but Pep has to play him because he spent so much getting him in.

Snibbo

As Gentleman Jim would say "Get up you tart!"

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Snibbo on February 06, 2022, 12:09:49 AM
As Gentleman Jim would say "Get up you tart!"

Lol , horrible man, but great skill. If only of he was a decent human being.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

perry geyton

Fastly becoming one of my most disliked players alongside Zaha

Sammyffc

Sometimes I feel like people on this board live in an alternate universe.

It was a clear penalty, how on earth are some of you saying it wasn't ? Joe completely takes him out. Let alone the fact Joe knows straight away it's a pen, doesn't even look at the ref and just walks away.

bill taylors apprentice

Did he have control of the ball, probably not but he doesn't have to be it's not in the rules.
Did he look for and lean into the challenge, yes.
Was it a penalty, unfortunately yes.

Is he a sh!t?  Yes!

Bill2

Quote from: Sammyffc on February 06, 2022, 04:51:08 AM
Sometimes I feel like people on this board live in an alternate universe.

It was a clear penalty, how on earth are some of you saying it wasn't ? Joe completely takes him out. Let alone the fact Joe knows straight away it's a pen, doesn't even look at the ref and just walks away.
Only seen the incident on MOTD and have to say I thought it was a penalty, Grealish got touched and went, same a Stirling last time we played them. I just wish Mitro got the same level of decisions by refs and also Harry. Still got annoyed when he got blatantly pushed in the back earlier this year and got nothing, yet others get the slightest touch and they go and get the decision.