Main Menu

Fulham Lodge A Bid For Mounir El Hamdaoui

Started by White Noise, December 30, 2010, 11:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.sport1.nl/nieuws/11990-geruchten.html

Ajax Suarez and captures millions of mounir

Thursday, December 30, 2010, 10:51

Ajax is looking for new attackers. Several Spanish and English media reported that both Luis Suárez and Mounir El Hamdaoui sold in January. Real Madrid and Fulham have lodged a bid in Amsterdam.

The strikers have really had in the Arena. Suárez is tired of the Dutch league and fed up of his seven matches suspension. The Uruguayan suspension also knows that he takes abroad, but has instructed his agent to Pere Guardiola eagerly to look for a club in Spain.

Real Madrid Gonzalo HigauĂ­n likely to be missing in March, and coach Jose Mourinho keen interest to an attacker. Los Merengues is willing to initially 21 million euro to Ajax. The amount could rise to 26 million over the next few years as real places for the Champions League.

Fulham almost seems to have ended with Martin Jol and that means El Hamdaoui can also move. The Londoners 8 million euros for the Moroccan, but want it in three installments. Ajax is still considering the proposals of both Real and Fulham, trainer De Boer is inclined to agree.

The shortlist of Ajax is also known. Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht), Ricky Wolfswinkel (FC Utrecht), Tim Matavz (FC Groningen), Rydell Poepon (De Graafschap), Luuk de Jong (FC Twente) and Roy Beerens (SC Heerenveen) shine all on the list, from which the farmer has to choose two.

Espanyol has a strong performance in the first half of the season, but wants it after the new year will do even better. The second club from Barcelona will therefore strengthen its vanguard Carlos Vela, the Mexican striker that Arsenal are not in the basin. Espanyol, according to AS 7.5 million euros for Vela, but when this proves impossible in order for the club's striker rent.

ClarĂ­n think that AC Milan has the best credentials to Erik Lamela add to the selection. The Rossoneri have competition from Internazionale and Real Madrid look to turn down the great promise of River Plate. The preference of the eighteen Lamela itself is still uncertain. River Plate was already known that they themselves want to do business, but then the main prize (7 million) for Lamela asks.

finnster01

Even Eddie Johnson would score in a terribly weak Dutch league.

So El Hamaramadamadingdong, no thank you.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BalDrick

'Real Madrid and Fulham have lodged a bid'

Tough decision for the player then...

All smacks of Spurs' method of shifting season tickets doesn't it? Adopted by the new West Ham owners too.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

White Noise

Quote from: BalDrick on December 30, 2010, 12:12:14 PM

All smacks of Spurs' method of shifting season tickets doesn't it? Adopted by the new West Ham owners too.

I read that as Real Madrdi bidding for Suarez and us bidding for El Hamdaoui.

CorkCity

If he comes the club shop could make a few bob selling all those letters on the back of shirts.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Lighthouse

FulHamdaoui - Ner wont happen.

Not when we after Boothroyd  :005:

I bet I know which one is more likely.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BalDrick

Quote from: White Noise on December 30, 2010, 12:17:12 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on December 30, 2010, 12:12:14 PM

I read that as Real Madrdi bidding for Suarez and us bidding for El Hamdaoui.

Only scan read the first few lines, you're probably right.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

sipwell

I would buy El Hamdaoui with my eyes closed, especially since he and Dembélé used to form a pair at AZ. If you would look back at the discussion threads about Dembélé, you'll see that I already asked for El Hamdaoui as well.

Finnster, you are downplaying the quality of the Dutch league. Yes, it is a very open league allowing for a lot of goals. Yes, many of the best Dutch players don't play in that league anymore (apart from some defenders, actually). But it is a very competitive league with 5 or 6 teams always competing for the title. Look at the last couple of years' winners: AZ,PSV, Twente. Three different team taking the cup. Also, it is a league where "footballers" can play. It is perfect to develop good passing skills and good attacking skills. Don't forget about the wealth the Dutch have in attacking. It is, in training, one of their centrepieces.

And yes, Eddie Johnson could score in that league for the simple reason that the games are open. Most teams play an all-out attacking strategy (explaining why it aren't the usual suspects who are playing at the bottom: you see teams who barely survive one year ending 6th the year after, simply because they bought good attacking players).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on December 30, 2010, 01:04:26 PM
I would buy El Hamdaoui with my eyes closed, especially since he and Dembélé used to form a pair at AZ. If you would look back at the discussion threads about Dembélé, you'll see that I already asked for El Hamdaoui as well.

Finnster, you are downplaying the quality of the Dutch league. Yes, it is a very open league allowing for a lot of goals. Yes, many of the best Dutch players don't play in that league anymore (apart from some defenders, actually). But it is a very competitive league with 5 or 6 teams always competing for the title. Look at the last couple of years' winners: AZ,PSV, Twente. Three different team taking the cup. Also, it is a league where "footballers" can play. It is perfect to develop good passing skills and good attacking skills. Don't forget about the wealth the Dutch have in attacking. It is, in training, one of their centrepieces.

And yes, Eddie Johnson could score in that league for the simple reason that the games are open. Most teams play an all-out attacking strategy (explaining why it aren't the usual suspects who are playing at the bottom: you see teams who barely survive one year ending 6th the year after, simply because they bought good attacking players).

I was waiting for you to comment sipwell, so will just agree. From what I have heard, he has done very well over the last few years and has an excellent relationship with Dembele

sipwell

I read the Dutch article and it says 2 strange things:

1) Fulham have almost finished negotiations with Martin Jol. Would that mean he would become the new manager? Lol

2) Fulham has made an 8 million euro bid already. Ajax is considering it but their manager is inclined to agree.

I reviewed some of the Ajax fora on the internet.
Apart from the disgusting racist slur it is clear that El Hamdaoui
a) was demanded by Jol, even though other players/club people disagreed;
b) is very unhappy at Ajax, both for personal and professional reasons. He has become the laughing stock of the supporters (and Amsterdam people are cynical twats) because he is a family man and lives with his folks. Professionally he was unhappy that Frank De Boer didn't select him for the game against Milan and he has been left out of the selection a number of times. Frank De Boer says he wasn't fully fit but El Hamdaoui has claimed this is untrue (= not a happy marriage);
c) isn't worth, at this point, the 8 million euro Ajax is asking ;

I have to agree with the last part. 8 million might be a bit much, given they only paid 5 million for him last summer and he hasn't been performing excellently in the last 6 months.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: sipwell on December 30, 2010, 01:22:33 PM
I read the Dutch article and it says 2 strange things:

1) Fulham have almost finished negotiations with Martin Jol. Would that mean he would become the new manager? Lol

2) Fulham has made an 8 million euro bid already. Ajax is considering it but their manager is inclined to agree.

I reviewed some of the Ajax fora on the internet.
Apart from the disgusting racist slur it is clear that El Hamdaoui
a) was demanded by Jol, even though other players/club people disagreed;
b) is very unhappy at Ajax, both for personal and professional reasons. He has become the laughing stock of the supporters (and Amsterdam people are cynical twats) because he is a family man and lives with his folks. Professionally he was unhappy that Frank De Boer didn't select him for the game against Milan and he has been left out of the selection a number of times. Frank De Boer says he wasn't fully fit but El Hamdaoui has claimed this is untrue (= not a happy marriage);
c) isn't worth, at this point, the 8 million euro Ajax is asking ;

I have to agree with the last part. 8 million might be a bit much, given they only paid 5 million for him last summer and he hasn't been performing excellently in the last 6 months.

Cheers for that mate, so in summary what do you think our chances are? Is there any demand from elsewhere?

finnster01

Mr Sipwell,
Take one look at how well the Dutch teams have done in Europe and you have the reason why I call the Dutch league crap. Simple as that. I don't watch Dutch league everyday so I just use Europe as a measuring stick and Dutch Club football has been in a steady decline and now a tailspin ever since the mid nineties.

sipwell

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on December 30, 2010, 01:31:56 PM

Cheers for that mate, so in summary what do you think our chances are? Is there any demand from elsewhere?

I think Ajax is looking to lose the player for a number of reasons:
a) he doesn't fit the play pattern Frank De Boer was asked to play from now on (Arsenal-ish);
b) they are in dire need of cash (and loads of it);
c) they have their direct replacement lined up (who is keeping El Hamdaoui on the bench);
d) the fans don't like him;

I think Ajax will sell and if the bid is actually true, I don't see why they would reject it. However, sport1 isn't the most reliable source.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: sipwell on December 30, 2010, 01:48:40 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on December 30, 2010, 01:31:56 PM

I think Ajax is looking to lose the player for a number of reasons:
a) he doesn't fit the play pattern Frank De Boer was asked to play from now on (Arsenal-ish);
b) they are in dire need of cash (and loads of it);
c) they have their direct replacement lined up (who is keeping El Hamdaoui on the bench);
d) the fans don't like him;

I think Ajax will sell and if the bid is actually true, I don't see why they would reject it. However, sport1 isn't the most reliable source.

Thanks for that mate, fingers crossed!

sipwell

@ Finnster:

1) call me cynical but 3 out of 5 teams surviving January in European football isn't that bad, is it? They have been doing so for a couple of years now, leaving only the big leagues and the overpaid leagues before them. You can call that crap, I call that decent.

2) The comparison between the golden years and nowadays is false. Ajax is now a debt-ridden club who had an exceptional generation at that point. They combined money with home-bred players of an exceptional breed. Any club having that luck would fare well. That has nothing to do with the league per se.

3) Who played the World Cup final again? 13 players of the selection play in the Dutch league, for a mixture of sides. Let's not discuss all the non-Dutch players who played for their country on the world cup, shall we?

4) economically speaking, forcing a comparison between the Prem, la Liga or the Bundesliga and the Dutch League is hard. The three first have a potential of 100 million + of viewers, whereas the Dutch league - for reasons of language mostly - have a maximum of 15 million people. They cannot pay what Spanish, German or English clubs can pay and still do well in Europe. Tottenham only drew Twente because the Twente goalie made a stupid mistake, a one of a lifetime one.

5) ...

finnster01

Quote from: sipwell on December 30, 2010, 01:56:55 PM
@ Finnster:

1) call me cynical but 3 out of 5 teams surviving January in European football isn't that bad, is it? They have been doing so for a couple of years now, leaving only the big leagues and the overpaid leagues before them. You can call that crap, I call that decent.

2) The comparison between the golden years and nowadays is false. Ajax is now a debt-ridden club who had an exceptional generation at that point. They combined money with home-bred players of an exceptional breed. Any club having that luck would fare well. That has nothing to do with the league per se.

3) Who played the World Cup final again? 13 players of the selection play in the Dutch league, for a mixture of sides. Let's not discuss all the non-Dutch players who played for their country on the world cup, shall we?

4) economically speaking, forcing a comparison between the Prem, la Liga or the Bundesliga and the Dutch League is hard. The three first have a potential of 100 million + of viewers, whereas the Dutch league - for reasons of language mostly - have a maximum of 15 million people. They cannot pay what Spanish, German or English clubs can pay and still do well in Europe. Tottenham only drew Twente because the Twente goalie made a stupid mistake, a one of a lifetime one.

5) ...
And they are all in the Europa League, which we went to the final in. So why do we think Hamabama that even their own fans hate will do the business at Fulham? I rather take Boothroyd to be honest.

When was the last time Holland had a team in the last 16 in the Champions League? I can't remember that's for sure. Even just looking at the last two years, other than the obvious England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France countries like Denmark, Ukraine, Russia, Greece and Portugal has managed to get a team there but no Dutch. So I call the Dutch league crap. They should merge with the Scottish league. Same level of garbage.