watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, February 19, 2022, 03:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Well, IMO, Huddersfield fully deserved their half time lead. During that first half, we're not moving the first half and seemed a bit lethargic, improved in the second, especially when Harrison came on, I am afraid that was the worst I have seen Chalobah play, his passing was terrible and Anthonee only seemed to want to pass backwards.  Just one of those thins I hope, we will soon see.

Bill2

Not sure they deserved their lead, lucky goal and from my seat never a penalty, but will hold judgement until watched the highlights. Huddersfield were a poor side who we made look good by some sloppy passing , plus in the words of the song "if it wasn't for bad luck would have no luck at all. Every 50/50 ball went Huddersfield way and how that ball never went in in the las tminute.com of the game is a mystery to me.
Best team did not win.

bill taylors apprentice

They didn't deserve the lead.

We may have been lethargic against a well organised but average team which made it even harder for ourselves but a poor goal (mainly our keeper) and a penalty due to the to$$er of a ref.

A disappointing 0-0 at half time should have been put right for the second half.

SP

Quote from: Bill2 on February 19, 2022, 04:17:46 PM
Not sure they deserved their lead, lucky goal and from my seat never a penalty, but will hold judgement until watched the highlights. Huddersfield were a poor side who we made look good by some sloppy passing , plus in the words of the song "if it wasn't for bad luck would have no luck at all. Every 50/50 ball went Huddersfield way and how that ball never went in in the las tminute.com of the game is a mystery to me.
Best team did not win.

Completely agree.

As for the goalkeeper, time wasting, cramp, time wasting, time wasting, serious head injury, time wasting & more time wasting..........no card though.

ALG01

i have seen the highlits. the first goal is a total mess up by wilson compounded by poor touch from tom C.
Personally I thought wilson was very poor today and haven't been that impressed by him for ages. i know he seems to be a darling if the media and many supporters, and on his day is unstoppable but today was totally dreadful and cost us over and over.

the penalty was a joke. it is more of a foul and the keeper than a penalty but IMO it was neither, they both went for the ball and the forward crashes into the goalie. the ref was clearly not going to give us anything today, another joke ref, i saw at least three clear fouls on our players in the area, way more obvious than the one he gave.

i have not been impressed by any of the referees recently and it does look as iof they are leaning toward the opposition. if it evens out, i would like to know when.

SP

Mitro wasn't going to get anything from this ref but his shirt being pulled off his back at the corner was ridiculous.

Ruislip White

Haven't seen highlights but based on what felt like poor refereeing and our fighting spirit in the second half, I can live with the loss.  We threw everything at it in the end, which is what I want to see.

SP

Fair play to their fan's comment about the penalty on their board:

Could call it clever

If we're being honest it's blatent cheating

As I say these sorts of lucky decisions have gone against us for years but all seem to be going our way this season - about time!

Arthur

Quote from: Bill2 on February 19, 2022, 04:17:46 PM
Not sure they deserved their lead, lucky goal and from my seat never a penalty...
Huddersfield were a poor side who we made look good by some sloppy passing...
Best team did not win.

I agree and disagree.

Huddersfield are not, in my opinion, a poor side. For their team to only touch the ball five times in our penalty area is to our boys' credit. In Thomas and O'Brien, they had two players whom they might have expected to exploit us on the break in the second half. Yet there was nothing noteworthy going forward for the Terriers in the second forty-five. They drew a complete blank. It looked to me as if Silva had instructed Robinson to refrain from his normal tendency to bomb forward at every opportunity for this reason, and the criticism of Antonee I've seen in a few threads seems unjustified to me.

To my mind, the sense in which it can be said they deserved three points is that they defended superbly against a team that were better than them. I would argue it's only because supporters take it for granted we will be dominant in possession and pin teams back, they are saying Huddersfield merited the win. Had the game been the complete reverse - with Huddersfield having 20 shots at goal and 68% possession, while we managed just five touches in our opponent's penalty area and were awarded a penalty that wasn't - i doubt anyone would be claiming our performance merited a victory. In this respect, therefore, I agree with you.

perry geyton

They played well and their goals were strange, on another day we thrash em
Conditions were terrible and as far as it being Cairneys fault for the first, he got a foot on it, was about all he could do, was a strange goal
The penalty was BS and we should of had one up the other end for a hand ball

Shame we didn't have Muniz to come off the bench

Dunstable Fulham

We should have won the game but we'll done to Huddersfield- let's give credit where it is due. They worked so hard and were so committed. The referee certainly helped them.
We go again.
On another day we would have won that game 6-2.

SP

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on February 19, 2022, 10:40:42 PM
We should have won the game but we'll done to Huddersfield- let's give credit where it is due. They worked so hard and were so committed. The referee certainly helped them.
We go again.
On another day we would have won that game 6-2.

Good call DF.  They left nothing out there so I fully expect them to lose their game on Weds.

sarnian

Wilson been poor for a while but we don't seem to give him the right service. Often stuck on the right touch line with no Fulham players close to him. We seem to favour playing down the left where Kebano and Robinson always seem to be closer together.

bog

Quote from: Peabody on February 19, 2022, 03:50:53 PM
Well, IMO, Huddersfield fully deserved their half time lead. During that first half, we're not moving the first half and seemed a bit lethargic, improved in the second, especially when Harrison came on, I am afraid that was the worst I have seen Chalobah play, his passing was terrible and Anthonee only seemed to want to pass backwards.  Just one of those thins I hope, we will soon see.

Totally agree. They were so well organised, (was Roy in charge?) not one of their players had I heard of besides Ward. Day dreaming and then a very soft nonsense pen did for us. But we were we far to flat first half. We cannot start another game like that!

092.gif

AJW48361

It's now all about our reaction on Wednesday night.

SP

As for the goalkeeper, time wasting, cramp, time wasting, time wasting, serious head injury, time wasting & more time wasting..........no card though.
[/quote]

From TFI, really wouldn't surprise me:

Keeper -- Waterboy,
Video on twitter (from the sky coverage) shows their keeper wink at the physio as he comes on for the 100th time for treatment, shame there can't be any action taking after the game for these incidents

Replies:

One of their fans ( on a recent podcast ) said that their keeper would be 'wasting time from as early as the 6th min should they be ahead '. They were nowhere near as good as some have suggested and were heavily reliant on 'spoiling tactics 'to put it mildly (NT) -- Mickey

filham

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 20, 2022, 10:00:55 AM
It's now all about our reaction on Wednesday night.
So right, we have to follow that up with 3 points, 3 goals and a good performance.