News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Although we dare to talk about it, how will we fare against Spurs?

Started by Admin, December 30, 2010, 10:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I would love to do them but my heart tells me we are in for a right old rodgering!! Holding out for a 0-0 draw would be fantastic but I cant see us keeping out the likes of Vander Fart, Defoe, etc and I could go on  :006: what are your thoughts?

fulhamfootiechick

Gareth Bale is unstoppable at the moment, i reckon we'll get thumped, but after that we have a good run of games we should do well in.
                   Fat Freddy's Cat.

finnster01

Mr Admin,

I fear that I find myself agreeing with you. Could be back to square one after the wonderful result at Stoke.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

VB

Wouldn't it be Fulhamish for us to win 2 away games in a row?
personally i think we're going to get thump :041:
0-2 or 1-3
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

jarv

They are surely hot favourites. It will be so different from Stoke so the aggressive tactics will not work. They will not launch missiles to BH forehead, that's for sure.  However, if Fulham fight in the midfield like they did the other day there is a chance. Despite spuds current form, they are prone to slipping on a banana skin. Hope they have an off day.
I think we will all be happy with a draw!

ImperialWhite

I don't care if we don't win, but I'd be slightly disappointed if they kept a clean sheet (unless it's a 0-0); they've only had two all season!

mrska

Depends which Fulham side turns up..  The Stoke performance reminded me that we can be hard to beat..

I think we'll lose..  but  it will only be about 2-0..

alfie

I will be at spurs, but i will never go to a Fulham game thinking we are going to loose, always believe we are going to win.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Scrumpy

I'm genuinely quite confident. Maybe it's because I was fortunate enough to be at Stoke, and it has rubbed off on me!

It's AJs turn on Saturday. I think Spurs will be over-confident and we'll get another 2-0 win. A brace from AJ.

Nurse!

Nurse!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Tom

Fulham for life!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Keep up Sonny, Jermain is on a ban,  You ARE  very old and depressing  :038:

We are due a win @ White Hart Lane and I will be there to see it   :yay:
I agree with Scrumpy ......................It will be a Bazza Day !!!

TheDaddy

Im sitting on the fence and going for a creditable draw 1-1 just wish our strikers will score for a change.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

MikeR

Spurs are a different side with VDV on the pitch. We'll hang on bravely for 60-70 minutes, but ultimately succumb 2-0. No shame against a side I believe will make it to the CL semis, though.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Modric is the heart beat of that shower and the best play-maker in the Premiership .  Stop him  and they are quite ordinary with a very shakey defence

timmyg

I may be nuts, but I think they can be had.

They haven't lost -- in all comps -- since November 6. I'd say that streak is about to end.

I'd still be happy with a draw
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

LBNo11

...you know this is one of those games that the form-book shouts out that we will lose about 3 - 0, and for that reason alone I reckon we will.

PS: Agree they have a shaky defence KCat, but we have a shaky attack and so they cancel each other out. I agree that take Modric out and they will struggle, but they will know that to destroy us they have to keep Murphy on the back foot, and that will neutralize us. We have the potential of a great defence, but it depends who gets the full back slots, and even so, as we have seen with spuds already this year, once our defence is breached those tottingham boys will smell blood.

Sorry, just telling you how I see it.

PPS: But I still want us to have a completely Fulhamish result and stuff them and shut their arrogant, and deluded (well up to this year) fans up...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ah !!! buttttttttt AJ  has started to make striker shapes, he spends less time hiding behind defenders and  digging useless holes on the wing, I think Hughes and his possey have been working on him ......................even I'm getting to believe there might be a striker lurking in there and it has feck all to do with long balls ..........if AJ is a striker, he was always a striker, and was always little,  he must know how little people deal with long,  short or from the side balls.
AJ just need to grow some and start putting them away
White Fart Lane is his time to prove it .......cometh the hour cometh the man  :drums:

finnster01

Modric is great but I am more worried about Gareth Bale taking the piss on the wing. I can see Pantsil having a very busy day and getting turned more often than the sheets in a 5 star hotel
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Hughes knows all about Bale, there will be one  of the  D's  to support Johnny  

HatterDon

Well, there are several bananaskins out there.

1. We beat Stoke because they kept lumping it up from midfield to their big boys. Conversely, their two wingers can run our FBs ragged and, at the least, keep them from supporting our attack. Mind you, the young American RB at Villa [he of two whole caps] folded up Bale and stuck him in his back pocket.

2. Spuds are hardly unbeatable at home. If you honestly believe we're better than Wigan, then we have a chance. I believe Kaboul is suspended for the match, and Tottingham lead the league in crocked CBs.

3. Van der Vaart is the new Ronaldo. He is blissfully talented and a danger at all times and in all areas, but he spends most of his time on the pitch trying to con the referee into throwing out yellow and red cards. I hope Paintsil clears one to his head like he did to Bolo Zenden a couple of weeks back. What is it with the Dutch these days? If they aren't thugs, they're floppers.

4. The big question is who are they going to start at striker? The guy who scares me the most is suspended. It makes no sense to run out The Freak, since Hangeland pretty much ties him in knots. Guess it'll be the Russian, and you really never know what you get from him.

5. Spuds have to have the best midfield corps in the land, but they can't play them all.

I think we draw 1-1
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel