watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Peterborough

Started by Facts Not Fiction, February 21, 2022, 10:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

With recent defensive displays leaving a lot to be desired, think it's only fair that Hector gets a chance.

With TC dropping a 2/10 vs. Huddersfield too, think it's time he needs a rest.

Think we need to put in a scoring display too, so all out attack vs the worst away record in the EFL.

Rodak

Tete Tosin Hector Williams

Reed

Wilson Reid Carvalho Kebano

Mitrovic

Gazza, Ream, Robinson, Chalobah, Cairney, Cavaleiro, Muniz

Sting of the North

Rodak
Williams, Tosin, Ream, Bryan

Seri, TC

Wilso, Carvalho, BDR

Mitro

Subs: Gazza, Mawson, Tete, Reed, Cavaleiro, Kebano, Muniz

Assuming everyone is fit. Would like to see Seri and TC. Let Robinson sit out a game, the same for Chalobah. Both back in contention next game. We have a very deep squad when everyone is fit, so we will always have to leave out a few good players from the match day squad.

FFC1987

Going for this:

Gazz
Williams   Tosin   Ream  Robinson
              Seri      BDR
Wilson          Carvalho       Kebano
                    Mitro

Wasn't impressed with Cairney this week and thought when Reid went central, he did really well and linked play much better in final third. I think theres been a number of question marks regarding Rodak of late and Gazz did well in cup appearances so would give him a shot. Rodak almost always reacts positively to dropping as well so I'd hope this gets a reaction to him too. Wish I could see training more but it was a toss up between Reed and Seri as Chaloboh hasn't done too badly, but just feel Seri offers more than both him and Reed overall but fine margins.

MartyFFC

Rodak

Tete      Tosin     Hector    Williams

Reed     Seri

Wilson    Carvalho   Kebano

Mitrovic

bog

JoeS

Rodak
Tete Tosin Ream Williams
Seri Reed
Wilson Carvalho Kebano
Mitro

Bench: Gazzaniga, Robinson, Hector, Chalobah, Cairney, Cavaleiro, BDR

PaulJ123

Rodak
Williams Tosin Mawson Bryan
Seri Reed
Wilson Carvalho Kebano
Mitrovic

If Tete can play LB, stick him there.

Classic94

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on February 21, 2022, 10:31:19 AM
With recent defensive displays leaving a lot to be desired, think it's only fair that Hector gets a chance.

With TC dropping a 2/10 vs. Huddersfield too, think it's time he needs a rest.

Think we need to put in a scoring display too, so all out attack vs the worst away record in the EFL.

Rodak

Tete Tosin Hector Williams

Reed

Wilson Reid Carvalho Kebano

Mitrovic

Gazza, Ream, Robinson, Chalobah, Cairney, Cavaleiro, Muniz

I'd go Mawson over Hector and have Seri in the squad, but otherwise agree. Robinson deserves dropping.

Bassey the warrior

I don't follow the logic of playing Williams at left back, his strength is going forward and putting crosses in. If you play him on the left he can't do that with his strongest foot.

JimmyConway

Robinson has had better games Ream was not particularly good Wilson non existent Rodak did not cover himself in glory but I would expect all four to start on Wednesday.
Midfield might need tweaking and BDR not as effective perhaps as Kebano is in that position but like Wilson both wide players last Saturday were doubled marked.
With the opposition being a bit more direct and uncompromising in their style I would consider Hector in front of Ream for this game. Midfield of perhaps Reed & Seri or at least one of them.

The Rational Fan

Peterborough is a good game for some rotation (@LCB, LB, DM, and CM).

Rodak
Williams  Tosin Mawson Bryan
              Reed    Seri
Wilson      Carvalho         Reid
                Mitrovic

Subs if ahead: Cairney, Cavaleiro, and Muniz
Unused bench: Gazza(GK), Hector(CB), Chalobah(CM), and Kebano(FW)
Backup FBs (if injuries occur): Tosin(CB), Reed(CM) or Reid(FW)

S.F.Sorrow

It will be a different game. Peterborough will probably sit back so we'll need creativity rather than extra defensive cover. Cairney needs to start IMO.

I would love to see Mawson at LCB but he is clearly not in Silva's plans and I don't think we will ever see him in a Fulham shirt again. Hector is not an option at LCB in my opinion so I'm gonna have to go with Ream although I think his lack of pace may be a problem against fast transitions/counter attacks.

Robinson has been awful and needs to be dropped.

Chalobah had a great game against Hull but apart from that I've not been impressed. Reed was one of our best players under Parker but he has made a lot of critical mistakes this season. We'll need one of them though, Seri+Cairney would be a disaster. Tough choice.

Wilson has been very poor lately so I think BDR deserves a chance.

Williams/Tete... Tete, but it's a close call.

Rodak
Tete/Williams -  Tosin  - Ream  - Bryan
Reed/Chalobah -  Cairney
BDR - Carvalho  - Kebano
Mitro

Deeping_white

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on February 21, 2022, 01:31:58 PM
It will be a different game. Peterborough will probably sit back so we'll need creativity rather than extra defensive cover. Cairney needs to start IMO.

I would love to see Mawson at LCB but he is clearly not in Silva's plans and I don't think we will ever see him in a Fulham shirt again. Hector is not an option at LCB in my opinion so I'm gonna have to go with Ream although I think his lack of pace may be a problem against fast transitions/counter attacks.

Chalobah had a great game against Hull but apart from that I've not been impressed. Reed was one of our best players under Parker but he has made a lot of critical mistakes this season. We'll need one of them though, Seri+Cairney would be a disaster. Tough choice.

Rodak
Reed/Chalobah -  Cairney
BDR - Carvalho  - Kebano
Mitro

Seri & Cairney played together at Forest and we won 4-1, not sure why the two of them in the same midfield is a "disaster"

Jim©

Not sure why we should be looking at wholesale changes after a fairly freak result. We've lost two in 21 games. Hardly  a need to go back to the drawing board!

I thought Chalobah was very tidy the other day. Two misplaced passes but apart from that won a lot against a pretty gritty MF. Definitely keep him and TC for the moment, Reed's been (compared to his usual standards) poor of late and not suited to the advanced role.

filham

Huddersfield was a tough match and a few cracks developed in all areas of the team. Should we now react with a number of changes or give players a chance to put in a good performance against a weaker Posh team.

Think I would go for:-
                                                               Rodak
                                     Williams        Tosin        Ream        Robinson
                                                          Reed        Cairney
                                                                Carvalho
                                                  Wilson     Mitro         Kebano

Whitestone

Quote from: Jim© on February 21, 2022, 03:34:27 PM
Not sure why we should be looking at wholesale changes after a fairly freak result. We've lost two in 21 games. Hardly  a need to go back to the drawing board!

I thought Chalobah was very tidy the other day. Two misplaced passes but apart from that won a lot against a pretty gritty MF. Definitely keep him and TC for the moment, Reed's been (compared to his usual standards) poor of late and not suited to the advanced role.

My thoughts too. The result didn't reflect the play coupled with the fact that the game was played in difficult weather conditions. I would bring Kebano back though. Not because I thought Reid had a bad game but more because he isn't suited to the left wing role and we were restricted down that side as a result.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 21, 2022, 03:01:14 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on February 21, 2022, 01:31:58 PM

Rodak
Reed/Chalobah -  Cairney
BDR - Carvalho  - Kebano
Mitro

Seri & Cairney played together at Forest and we won 4-1, not sure why the two of them in the same midfield is a "disaster"

Fair point (and it was even 4-0!) but one game won't convince me. Cairney+Seri will leave us too exposed IMO. In this scenarion Seri would have to be the holding midfielder and he has been a liability in that position in the past. He is too slow on the ball and has a tendency to lose possession in dangerous areas. He doesn't have Reed's ability to read the game and spot danger before it happens.

S.F.Sorrow

Wilson and Robinson have been poor for several games though (or most of the season in Robinson's case). Maybe our other options aren't much better but I think they at least deserve a chance now.

shepperton white

On another issue - I believe the ref is the Ausie guy.  I believe he's been hailed as one of the few good refs in the championship.  Am I right?

Jim©

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on February 21, 2022, 04:04:18 PM

Wilson and Robinson have been poor for several games though (or most of the season in Robinson's case). Maybe our other options aren't much better but I think they at least deserve a chance now.

Wilson hasn't IMO. His running off the ball opens up a whole load of opportunities- Hull was a great example.
He was division play of the month in January and has most assists/second most goals in the team. I'd say dropping him would be crazy.