watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea and Roman Abramovich Thread

Started by South Coast White, March 02, 2022, 08:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

In a desperate move to save his assets, news reports this morning state Abramovich is trying to offload the club.

Mr K.Dilkington

They'll be lots of suitors but hopefully bad one's
Foolish ham

filham

TK should be putting a ten bob bid together.

gang

One of the downfalls of having friends in high places.

Deeping_white

Khan senior should buy them and transfer all of their decent players to us, and then sell them back off to some unscrupulous individual

H4usuallysitting

Before long they'll be groundsharing with Central Park Stadium

bog

Chelsea Park Rangers? Chelford?

dgnffc

But how can he sell if his accounts are all frozen? Or aren't they yet?

Holders

Quote from: dgnffc on March 02, 2022, 10:32:05 AM
But how can he sell if his accounts are all frozen? Or aren't they yet?

Not for 30 days, apparently, to give them time to get their money out.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

I Ronic

I think Abramovich is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He's Jewish and his family suffered under the Soviets and the Germans. If he's close to Putin, I think it likely that's because Putin wants it that way.
Like most of the oligarchs he can't have made that much money that quickly without breaking few rules but he's paying for it now.

f321ffc

I'll buy them £10 down and a tenner a month over many years but  then put them into administration as I couldn't afford the monthly payments.😂
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Count Flapula

Quote from: Logicalman on March 02, 2022, 10:54:48 AM

3 Billion - ESPN: https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea-engchelsea/story/4606808/chelsea-for-sale-as-pressure-grows-on-owner-roman-abramovich-sources

4 Billion Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/03/02/roman-abramovich-puts-chelsea-sale-swiss-billionaire-hansjorg/ & https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/news/interested-parties-are-thought-to-have-been-told-that-abramovich-wants-around-4-billion-for-chelsea-but-sources-close-to-the-process-believe-that-he-can-only-expect-to-receive-bids-in-the-region-of-2bn

The club owes Fordstam Limited 1.5Bn - all this and they made a 143 M loss last season!

Given the limited time he has to "cash out his chips" so to speak, he is in a very weak bargaining spot and surely in no position to ask for £4bn - all potential suitors will know this too and will be licking their lips.

He's either got to sell on the cheap (relatively) or grit it out and hope for a swift resolution to the invasion - the latter highly unlikely, especially in his favour.

Privately (although he'd never admit in an open forum) i'd guess it would be better for him if Putin is ousted: Roman's mother and maternal grandparents were Ukrainian so the only reason I can see for Roman not speaking out against the war is because he made his fortunes through Putin/Yeltsin enabling his nefarious dealings during post-Soviet "privatisation" in the 90's - so Putin clearly has leverage over him as some have pointed out on here earlier. He'd be going into any potential sale with bidders knowing he is on relatively weak ground so his wallet is almost inevitably going to take a hit.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

I'm no expert at this but that seems like a vast overestimation in terms of value.

terryr

Mr K.Dilkington

Don't they (the club) owe Abramovich 1.5 billion?
Me thinks he might want that back when he inevitably slips away 😂. Then we'll see...it's going to be fun/interesting to watch/go down.
Foolish ham

ianthailand

Quote from: filham on March 02, 2022, 09:59:24 AM
TK should be putting a ten bob bid together.
Bloody overpaying again!

Logicalman

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 02, 2022, 12:10:27 PM
Me thinks he might want that back when he inevitably slips away 😂. Then we'll see...it's going to be fun/interesting to watch/go down.

:022:  See above, the club owes his company the 1.51 B in loans.  :022:

.. and that i why they believe the sale price cannot be above 2 Bn as the loan might have to been repaid if it cannot be legally 'forgiven' under current rules.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Logicalman on March 02, 2022, 12:58:17 PM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 02, 2022, 12:10:27 PM

:022:  See above, the club owes his company the 1.51 B in loans.  :022:

.. and that i why they believe the sale price cannot be above 2 Bn as the loan might have to been repaid if it cannot be legally 'forgiven' under current rules.
TLDR 😂
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

Let's hope is has to be repaid because I don't really know what "forgiven" means with an oligarch lol...he's an oligarch for a reason👍😄
Foolish ham