https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea and Roman Abramovich Thread

Started by South Coast White, March 02, 2022, 08:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on March 02, 2022, 07:20:11 PM
Quote from: davew on March 02, 2022, 07:11:19 PM
So the owner has agreed to write off the loan to the club i.e. 1.5bn and set up a charity where the net proceeds of the sale are to be held and then provided to Ukraine, all he needs to do know is condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine and that would be admirable!

Net proceeds will go to "all victims of the war"... how much is he going to send over to his pal Pooty as a "victim of Western aggression". It should all go to rebuilding the cancer hospitals and orphanages destroyed, and lives upended of the Ukrainian people, and some so the families of dead Russian soldiers sent as pawns to be churned up. He needs to do the objective right thing. I'm emotionally typing, and I do apologize for that.
Exactly this, He has no intention of a single cent going to Ukranians, it will go to Russian "victims, sieze this worthless Asset now and build a new Chelsea and Westminster Hospital on the site

bobbo

Quote from: MartyFFC on March 02, 2022, 02:37:13 PM
The government should seize the club, sell it, and give the proceeds to Ukraine's refugees and the fight for freedom. The fact this fella was supposedly involved in peace talks at the Belarus border, tells you everything you need to know about his affiliation with a regime that is beginning to look like the third reich
Agree
1975 just leaving home full of hope

St Eve

I'm not very good on law, sanctions, oligarchs etc but can they shut down Chelsea and turn Stamford Bridge into a cabbage farm?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: St Eve on March 02, 2022, 09:38:06 PM
I'm not very good on law, sanctions, oligarchs etc but can they shut down Chelsea and turn Stamford Bridge into a cabbage farm?

Love cabbage....Will there be any freebies.🤔

Colton F.C.

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 02, 2022, 09:51:32 PM

Love cabbage....Will there be any freebies.🤔

You must try this then Mince.  We'll all be eating it soon:
https://www.thespruceeats.com/traditional-russian-cabbage-soup-shchi-recipe-1135534

Somerset Fulham

How can any owner write off 1.5 billion in debt and the club not be smashing FFP?

gang

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 02, 2022, 10:48:57 PM
How can any owner write off 1.5 billion in debt and the club not be smashing FFP?

Doesn't apply to the Premier League.

love4ffc

Quote from: gang on March 03, 2022, 12:01:33 AM

Doesn't apply to the Premier League.

Not an accountant nor an FFP expert but, I thought if an owner writes off X amount of debt that it doesn't account for FFP. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Rupert

The debt has been built up over two decades, hasn't it? FFP has only been around for half that time.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

blingo

We will get an influx of supporters coming over from Chelsea to Fulham with the sale of the club?

blingo

It turns into a cabbage farm every time they play lol.

bog

No. Clubs change chairman, directors and managers all the time.

cookieg

The government need to sanction him and the others now and not let the accountants and solicitors find ways to offload the assets before they are frozen.

H4usuallysitting

You've got me there.... I very rarely think

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: blingo on March 03, 2022, 08:14:30 AM

It turns into a cabbage farm every time they play lol.

Years ago I worked for a manager who was from Yorkshire. He had many sayings one of which was "he might be green looking but he's no cabbage." To this day I still have no idea what that means.
Interesting the reaction of some of the Chelsea fans - one saying the government has put a target on Abramovich's back, another saying I suppose what's happening in the Ukraine is more important than football.
My Chelsea supporting brother & his mates seem to be lying low right now. The Spuds, Palace & Arsenal ones all having a great time.
Really hope that we get promotion this season, strengthen our side & won't be viewed as 6 easy points - again!
Meanwhile thoughts & prayers with the Ukraine. Lent started yesterday, no chance I suppose that Putin would give up invading others?

Holders

Quote from: Oakeshott on March 02, 2022, 04:39:08 PM
It seems that legislation due to be voted upon next Monday allows the oligarchs 18 months to liquidate their assets and take the money away. Fortunately in Parliament today MPs from all sides pointed out the nonsense in that and the Opposition has offered to work constructively with the Government on timing.

Given what is going on in Ukraine, a simple amendment from 18 months to 18 hours seems about right.

THIS
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

H4usuallysitting

Usmanov has just had his ship seized by German authorities

Holders

I see that Terry has posted on twitter this morning a photo of him and Abramovich holding the PL trophy with the caption "the best".

Two of a kind, despicable creatures.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Holders on March 03, 2022, 10:15:57 AM
I see that Terry has posted on twitter this morning a photo of him and Abramovich holding the PL trophy with the caption "the best".

Two of a kind, despicable creatures.
+1 lol
Foolish ham

terryr

The  thread on the Chelsea board reads like a lament to the death of a pope or a saint or mother Theresa.
They're certainly going to miss all that dirty money.