Foolish ham

Kemosabe

I seem to recall that there was a song that started:

"When the Russian goes to jail, you'll be...."

:HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD:

cookieg

Quote from: terryr on March 03, 2022, 01:01:13 PM
https://www.theshedend.com/topic/32425-roman-abramovich/page/36/#comments

Oh how unfair that they're so persecuted and their Russian Saviour so hard done by

Just when you think that that lots supporters couldn't sink any lower! It just blows my mind how blinkered these fans are. Surely they know women and children are being murdered by their owners mate? I really hope the government would move quicker and stop him from moving his money out of the UK, block any sale of that ground down the road and wind up Chelsea.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Kemosabe on March 03, 2022, 01:06:18 PM
I seem to recall that there was a song that started:

"When the Russian goes to jail, you'll be...."

:HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD:
Great song 👍🙏
Foolish ham

jarv

A lot of the problem lies with the league's useless "fit and proper" test.  He should never have been passed by them in the first place.  Before anyone jumps on the MAF bandwagon, he was already resident in the country and a bona fide business owner. Before that, who knows if he had any ill gotten gains. 

One thing for sure, the league is awash with money, possibly some gained by dodgy practices. It was supposed to create the best league in the world and attract all the best players. What it has done is create a league which is neither fair or competitive. So many games are too predictable and most games seem to be 0-0 at half time. What's the use of that.?

The premier has regressed to "we MUST not lose" rather than lets go for the win. Dull, boring and statements like "the keeper has not had one save to make" etc. don't enhance the product at all.

Lastly, I really hope we win the league and go up but will yet another rebuild be necessary? I find it all a bit frustrating. Rather than finishing 7th under Roy and going to Europe ( which was obviously possible back then) it is more like next season that we have to be better than 3 other teams.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 03, 2022, 01:04:31 PM
I just want CFC to implode so badly...then genuine happiness would be mine👍
Love this statement. And I totally concur. +1

perry geyton

Terry Towling

From what I can glean from the Chelski supporters board on this - "its all the fault of the men, women and children of Ukraine - why do they have to be so selfish and ruin our miraculous rise up the table considering we only spend 1.5 billion pounds doing it?"

Zendra

Roman has always denied he is pals with Putin.  He has to be a bit careful what he says.  Russia  is not exactly a free country   

Cambridge Away

Dirty Chelsea!
            ......That is all

ron

Quote from: Zendra on March 03, 2022, 09:16:56 PM
Roman has always denied he is pals with Putin.  He has to be a bit careful what he says.  Russia  is not exactly a free country

Putin will have him by the Gulags....

Andy S

From what I have been told these Oligarchs have their money taken from them if they live in Russia and are put in jail. If they leave Russia they are free to invest it anywhere. I think abramovich will struggle to invest it anywhere at the minute and a bit of a loaded mattress and bulked up pillow are not too comfortable.

Zendra

Putin will have him by the Gulags

Ah  yes   .  I do love quotes from a Wordsworth love poem

love4ffc

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 03, 2022, 01:04:31 PM
I just want CFC to implode so badly...then genuine happiness would be mine👍

Completely agree.  I will feel bad for my fellow American Pulisic but hey, that is the way the cookie crumbles. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bobby01

I see now that Masters of the EPL is hinting at fast tracking any purchase through, agreed to continue taking Russian tv money and broadcasting to them.
Boris waiting until sale completed and he has sold his houses before sanctions will come into force I believe.
I am 70 years old and never been so ashamed of the authorities in my country.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Twig

Quote from: bobby01 on March 04, 2022, 09:28:59 AM
I see now that Masters of the EPL is hinting at fast tracking any purchase through, agreed to continue taking Russian tv money and broadcasting to them.
Boris waiting until sale completed and he has sold his houses before sanctions will come into force I believe.
I am 70 years old and never been so ashamed of the authorities in my country.

Completely agree bobby. Our political leadership is weak, gutless and in thrall to any individual or business prepared to offer up a few quid no matter where it comes from.

Oakeshott

Totally agree with Bobby and Twig.

Interesting but not surprising to see that the Stavely woman who got into bed with the new majority owner of Newcastle is sympathetic to Abramovich.

On a brighter note, union members refused to unload two tankers of Russian gas and they have had to sail elsewhere.

It is when something really serious happens you get a chance to see what people really amount to. Too many in the free world have come up well short in respect of Ukraine.

Somerset Fulham

Unsurprisingly, I also agree with Bobby and Twig.

MartyFFC

Apparently, some of the 'net proceeds' will be going to Russian soldiers and their families. So if the fella who drops the bomb on a nursery that kills a group of toddlers comes to any harm, Roman will make sure his family are well looked after. Couldn't make it up.