watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army.

Started by bog, December 31, 2010, 11:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

A trip down memory lane. Was anyone at White Hart Lane back in 1959/60? Our first season back in the top division when we drew 1-1? A massive crowd saw Johnny Haynes put us ahead and Dave Mackay equalise....great memories....

LBNo11

...was not there bog, but there is a great report on the match on page 147 of the great book "Johnny Haynes - The Maestro" by Martin Plumb and Ken Coton (see the Fulham bibliography sticky for book details)...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

jarv

Missed by one year. My first season was 1960/61 when we moved from Scotland to London. I recall a couple of good Spurs games though, not sure which years but 0-0 when both Macedo and Brown in goal had magnificent games. Also, another 3-4 loss, it was 2-2 after the first 10 minutes. Great games.

bog

Hullo Les. I want a copy of that book that you talk of, I have two copies of 'The men who made Fulham football club' so was hoping to swap one for a copy! One is brand new as 'it' arrived this Christmas.
Jarv we had some great games there but usually lost. There was one when we were 3-0 down early on in the first half and came back to 3-3 before half time but lost 4-3. I think that was about the time that Les Barrett had made his debut.