https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

outgoing deadwood????

Started by wadey, December 31, 2010, 03:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Looks like Erik the Viking to me.  :doh:

MJG

Quote from Hughes "They also have more game time under their belts and that is why I lean more to those players more than Bjorn."
well maybe, just maybe...you could play players in the reserve games or god forbid, drop players who are out of form for quite a while and give him a chance (I wait for someone to come back and say he had a terrable 20 mins at WBA...well I could then mention players who have had 270+ mins of poor performavces in a row.).

BalDrick

Agree there's an element of double standards if you're only talking match time but Hughes does see them training all week. Personally never thought Riise jnr would cut it at Prem level tbh.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

finnster01

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 31, 2010, 03:56:31 PM
Very bad comparison Mr RR. Erik Nevland could have stayed if he wanted, and more than pulled his weight. Riise has been nothing but a whiner ever since he came here.

I'd shake Erik Nevland's hand any day and thank him for his Fulham contributions. Riise can go back and cry in his mums lap.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

MJG

It was interesting he mentions gera and dempsey as being able to play in different positions and not the one player who plays in riise's position...Davies.  it just annoys me we see people like EJ get playing time and others not. I would rather have riise on the wing with dempsey and gera up front than one of them taken off for EJ.

WhiteJC

Quote from: finnster01 on December 31, 2010, 04:30:01 PM
Very bad comparison Mr RR. Erik Nevland could have stayed if he wanted, and more than pulled his weight. Riise has been nothing but a whiner ever since he came here.

I'd shake Erik Nevland's hand any day and thank him for his Fulham contributions. Riise can go back and cry in his mums lap.

its Erik in the photo not Riise

BalDrick

Quote from: MJG on December 31, 2010, 04:32:23 PM
It was interesting he mentions gera and dempsey as being able to play in different positions and not the one player who plays in riise's position...Davies.  it just annoys me we see people like EJ get playing time and others not. I would rather have riise on the wing with dempsey and gera up front than one of them taken off for EJ.

But we don't have a dearth of wingers, whereas we do of strikers - hence EJ gets a game when let's be honest there are school teams, girls' school teams, he wouldn't get in.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

finnster01

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 31, 2010, 04:33:06 PM

Good point. I didn't even notice the picture. Sorry Mr RR, I thought you were serious. My bad.

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on December 31, 2010, 04:48:17 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on December 31, 2010, 04:33:06 PM

Good point. I didn't even notice the picture. Sorry Mr RR, I thought you were serious. My bad.

No worries Finn.

richie17

I thought it was accepted that EJ's done okay this season.  Not that he's good or anything, but his days of disaster appearances are behind him.

RidgeRider

Quote from: richie17 on December 31, 2010, 05:39:40 PM

I thought it was accepted that EJ's done okay this season.  Not that he's good or anything, but his days of disaster appearances are behind him.

Not on this board Rich. He is very much unliked by some on this board..... in fact there are some who can't find it in them to say even ONE nice thing about him.

MJG

I have said he has done ok when he had come on a few times this season and has run around a lot and laid the ball off ok and l like the comedy effect he adds to a game, but be honest,he's not good enough and other options to play in front of him have been available.

finnster01

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 31, 2010, 05:45:57 PM

Not on this board Rich. He is very much unliked by some on this board..... in fact there are some who can't find it in them to say even ONE nice thing about him.
I can say ONE nice thing about him: His contract is up in the summer :yay: :yay: :wine: :HD: :dead horse:

HatterDon

Quote from: BalDrick on December 31, 2010, 04:39:43 PM
It was interesting he mentions gera and dempsey as being able to play in different positions and not the one player who plays in riise's position...Davies.  it just annoys me we see people like EJ get playing time and others not. I would rather have riise on the wing with dempsey and gera up front than one of them taken off for EJ.

But we don't have a dearth of wingers, whereas we do of strikers - hence EJ gets a game when let's be honest there are school teams, girls' school teams, he wouldn't get in.

Okay, I'll bite. Which school teams could he not get into? I recognize the fact that he couldn't get into any girls school teams -- not since East Germany went out of business. I love a little hyperbole as much as the next guy, but, in the immortal words of Tom,  :tom:

I'm reminded of Sparky Lyle's book a few decades back [Wiki if you care that much]. He was a pitcher for the Yanks in the 70s and a teammate of Not-so-sweet Lou Pinella. During pre-game stretching at Fenway Park some typically drunk, typically charming RedSox fan was badmouthing all the Yankee players. After about 20 minutes of this, Pinella looked up and shouted: "STFU! Who are you to criticize a professional athlete. You can't even jack off without sweating."

And, Mr. Baldrick, that wasn't aimed at you. I'm very pleased you're posting on this board and I learn a lot from reading your contributions. When you get to be my age you'll be amazed at how things remind you of other things. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

duffbeer

Riise should leave if he's not getting time.  He had some good performances under Roy, but he looked bad the few times Hughes used him.  I hope he goes somewhere that's right for him and gets playing time.  Hiise a good player and most importantly seems to have the fire and determination to make his mark on the game.

jarv

I don't understand why long time supporters and season ticket holders get so negative about some players. BZ was nearly hounded out of Fulham. Why? Ok, you might think he is not very good (which I did too) but he came through it and look at the result. Gera came in for a lot of criticism too. Look at some of the key goals he has scored after he got his form.
Remember les Barret??? He came into the first team when he was 17 I think. Imagine how nervous he was. I was about 14 at the time and recall a "fan" standing near me yelling to him within earshot...."get off barret, you are fecking useless". Look what he turned out to be and did for Fulham. I remember thinking at the time..."why do that?"
OK, EJ has not scored a goal and is a bit of a headless chicken but let's not give up on him yet. What if he gets 2 on Saturday?

Now, Brian Dear, Frank large, and that French fellah, that's anotehr story. Yell what you like about them.

finnster01

Quote from: jarv on December 31, 2010, 08:05:28 PM

OK, EJ has not scored a goal and is a bit of a headless chicken but let's not give up on him yet. What if he gets 2 on Saturday?

And I still play the numbers. I think there is a bigger chance of me hitting jackpot in the Lotto than EJ scoring two goals in the Prem.

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on December 31, 2010, 06:06:37 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on December 31, 2010, 05:45:57 PM
It was interesting he mentions gera and dempsey as being able to play in different positions and not the one player who plays in riise's position...Davies.  it just annoys me we see people like EJ get playing time and others not. I would rather have riise on the wing with dempsey and gera up front than one of them taken off for EJ.

I thought it was accepted that EJ's done okay this season.  Not that he's good or anything, but his days of disaster appearances are behind him.

I can say ONE nice thing about him: His contract is up in the summer :yay: :yay: :wine: :HD: :dead horse:

Well done Finn...you are officially off the list now.  :dft012:

BarryP

There are at least a few that would agree with that sentiment Rich but we try to keep our heads down to avoid the rotten tomatoes.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."