watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea News: Combined

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, March 15, 2022, 03:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and White Town

On one hand, it must be not much fun being a Chelsea supporter with all this going on. It's not their fault that an unscrupulous oligarch with links to Putin bought the club.
On the other hand, they are Chelsea fans, so fukem.

At the end of the day, Chelsea's Board of Directors didn't do its due diligence on the source of the funds of the person buying the club, and that's their own fault.

bog

What's that noise I can hear? Is it the sound of their season unravelling?  :022:

Deeping_white

Quote from: Black and White Town on March 15, 2022, 04:00:27 PM
On one hand, it must be not much fun being a Chelsea supporter with all this going on. It's not their fault that an unscrupulous oligarch with links to Putin bought the club.

At the end of the day, Chelsea's Board of Directors didn't do its due diligence on the source of the funds of the person buying the club, and that's their own fault.

They chanted his name during an applause for Ukraine quite deliberately when they played Burnley, so they can liquidate and turn Stamford Bridge into a landfill site as far as I'm concerned and the fans will fully deserve it

Black and White Town

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 15, 2022, 04:10:38 PM
Quote from: Black and White Town on March 15, 2022, 04:00:27 PM

They chanted his name during an applause for Ukraine quite deliberately when they played Burnley, so they can liquidate and turn Stamford Bridge into a landfill site as far as I'm concerned and the fans will fully deserve it

I'd forgotten that. That's totally despicable.

love4ffc

My thoughts on Cheski.  I agree it is not the fans' fault that they are owned by an oligarch.  That would be down to the FA.  I do not feel bad that the club could be put in administration nor that it could be deducted 10 points. 

I do however feel bad for the everyday workers at the club who could be losing their jobs.  People like the security guards, the maintenance people, the stewards, and any other person who is just trying to make a living for their family.

For their sake I hope a quick sale, hopefully an honest sale, will happen quickly. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fernhurst

Quote from: love4ffc on March 15, 2022, 04:29:29 PM
My thoughts on Cheski.  I agree it is not the fans' fault that they are owned by an oligarch.  That would be down to the FA.  I do not feel bad that the club could be put in administration nor that it could be deducted 10 points. 

I do however feel bad for the everyday workers at the club who could be losing their jobs.  People like the security guards, the maintenance people, the stewards, and any other person who is just trying to make a living for their family.

For their sake I hope a quick sale, hopefully an honest sale, will happen quickly. 

Yes agreed, and I hope it's us.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bobby01

Adding to this Mr Love, I find it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth that the playing staff on exorbitant salaries do not help out the bottom end employees as you state, without whom they would not be able to earn their disgusting salaries.

The best bit for me is Terry joining as academy consultant should be one of the first to go.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

blingo

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 15, 2022, 03:40:44 PM
Let's just sling them a tenner for the gaff and play the youth team and the Jags there.

ONLY ONE TEAM IN FULHAM

you're over paying for a two bob ground Ferny lol

Carborundum

However low I set my expectation of Chelsea and a segment of their fans being able "read the room", they find new and ingenious ways to undershoot.

This one is extraordinary.  Middlesbrough fans to be shut out of big cup tie at their own ground?  At Chelsea's request?  Talk about self-centred.

Love4FFC makes important points about Chelsea employees and the ability for a fair sale to be made.  Employees must be looking around given the circumstances.  I don't understand how the government can be satisfied that anything arranged by the club itself can be immune from the risk of offshore funds flowing to you-know-who and being undeclared.  Even the suggestion of it will be difficult to refute.

love4ffc

Quote from: bobby01 link=topic=85535quote author=bobby01 link=topic=85535.msg1323005#msg1323005 date=1647362297]

Adding to this Mr Love, I find it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth that the playing staff on exorbitant salaries do not help out the bottom end employees as you state, without whom they would not be able to earn their disgusting salaries.

The best bit for me is Terry joining as academy consultant should be one of the first to go.

I agree, it's extremely sad that the players and executive staff have not offered to help those on the lower club level of the payroll.   At least none that we are aware of.   

Jeroen

Agree about the staff etc. Its bull that the fans shouldn't be punished etc - They have had 15/20 years of joy from this owner, so you now it turned sour they shouldn't suffer....  BULL you make the bed you lie in

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on March 15, 2022, 03:21:44 PM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 15, 2022, 12:36:48 PM
Dropping a division for them would be so amazing!
It would make me so so happy.

That would be an ideal situation as long as we meet them in the cups.
Lol it's probably more realistic us meeting in the championship 😄
Foolish ham

Kemosabe

My understanding is that, under the terms of the General Licence issued by the Office For Sanctions Implementation, the club can continue to honour existing contracts so people employed by the club (maintenance staff, physios, catering staff at their training ground etc.) and other key service providers (insurers, utilities, rates etc.) can still be paid.

Additionally, the General Licence also allows the club to pay up to £900,000 (I think this has been increased from £500k) for each Fixture hosted by the club to cover things like policing, crowd management, temporary catering staff etc.

So the good news is that the ordinary people referenced in the original post should still all be OK - for this season at least.

Amusingly, however, there is still a cap of £20,000 on costs for travel to and from fixtures.  So Mr Tuchel may still get to drive a minibus to Dover soon. 

blingo

Quote from: HV71 on March 15, 2022, 02:09:42 PM
Quote from: blingo on March 15, 2022, 01:51:06 PM
Quote from: HV71 on March 15, 2022, 08:32:15 AM
The fans will have a new song........

Who can take a sunrise (who can take a sunrise)
Sprinkle it with dew (sprinkle it with dew)
Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two?
The Candy Man (the Candy Man)
Oh, the Candy Man can (the Candy Man can)
The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love
And makes the world taste good (makes the world taste good)
Who can take a rainbow (who can take a rainbow?)
And wrap it in a sigh (wrap it in a sigh)
Soak it in the sun and make a groovy lemon pie?
The Candy Man (the Candy Man)
The Candy Man can (the Candy Man can)
The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love
And makes the world taste good (makes the world taste good)

That was so sweet of you Mr HV lol ;P

I know - whenever I think of Chelsea I think either Willies or Wonkers

It's always been a chocolate factory lol

blingo

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 15, 2022, 05:30:05 PM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on March 15, 2022, 03:21:44 PM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 15, 2022, 12:36:48 PM
Dropping a division for them would be so amazing!
It would make me so so happy.

That would be an ideal situation as long as we meet them in the cups.

Lol it's probably more realistic us meeting in the championship 😄

Sorry to disappoint you Mr K but we will be in the Prem lol

HV71

"It's always been a chocolate factory lol"

Yes and Terrys gone back  - all Gold

love4ffc

Quote from: Kemosabe on March 15, 2022, 05:32:12 PM
My understanding is that, under the terms of the General Licence issued by the Office For Sanctions Implementation, the club can continue to honour existing contracts so people employed by the club (maintenance staff, physios, catering staff at their training ground etc.) and other key service providers (insurers, utilities, rates etc.) can still be paid.

Additionally, the General Licence also allows the club to pay up to £900,000 (I think this has been increased from £500k) for each Fixture hosted by the club to cover things like policing, crowd management, ``````````````````````````temporary catering staff etc.

So the good news is that the ordinary people referenced in the original post should still all be OK - for this season at least.

I hope that is true for the staff.  As for Mr Tuchel driving the minibus....perhaps those over paid players should dip into their own wallets and help pay for travel.  I mean if they truly care about the club they are playing for, and their fans shouldn't they be willing to help out?

ffc73

Slightly off tack but Chelsea clearly still have money to burn.

Just stopped at services on my way to WBA and the Chelsea womens team are stopped here too. 2x coaches taking them to an away game at Everton. Tomorrow night. So obviously either sleeping on the coaches or paying for overnight hotel somewhere too.

I'll start taking their whining when their men & womens teams drive to away games the day of the game & players pay for their own fish & chip supper on the way home aka FFC 1990s

blingo

Quote from: HV71 on March 15, 2022, 05:38:34 PM
"It's always been a chocolate factory lol"

Yes and Terrys gone back  - all Gold

Be careful or he'll put a Black Magic spell on you.

Woolly Mammoth

Chelsea have backed off requesting their match v Middsborough to be played behind closed doors within 20 minutes of receiving my email to them. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.