watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The importance of Kebano

Started by Maidstone Lee, March 16, 2022, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

I think the last 2 games has shown how much we are reliant of Kebano on the left hand side. He is someone who can pick the ball up and run at defenders moving our play further forward. We don't get that with Bobby Reid and we haven't seen enough of Cavalerio since he's returned. Kebano can put a cross in with his left and right foot meaning we're not reliant on Robinson (who should be dropped for a time) to whip the ball in. Our left side has been very ineffective since he's been on the side-lines. 

Lets hope Neeskens is back in time for the QPR game, we really need to bounce back with a big performance.

If he's still out then we have to go with Cavalerio over Bobby (never thought I'd say that again :005:)
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

ffcthereligion

Absolutely agree. Kebano is more important to the team than Wilson simply because without him we have zero on the left hand side. At least if Wilson was out we'd have neco or tete behind who can actually lift the ball in the air or Reid who is naturally right sided

HV71

He certainly worries defenders more - not only does he run at them - but regularly beats his man

The Rational Fan

Kebano doesn't look like much of a player, but his statistics tell a story that he might be the 2nd Best Player in the Championship.

When Kebano has started 27 Games, 9 Wins, 6 Draws, 2 Losses, 2.333 Points per Game, = 107.3 Points in 46 Games (EFL 1st)
When Kebano hasn't started 10 Games, 4 Wins, 2 Draws, 4 Losses, 1.4 Points per Game, = 64.4 Points in 46 Games (EFL 10th-11th)

Kebano is possibly the 2nd most effective player (after Mitrovic) in the Championship. Effective means is getting your team to win, and effective is what matters most.

I hope Kebano wins FFC Player of the Year, as he is absolute model football (professional or amateur), even if he is not our best player.

filham

To use an old phrase, last night Kebano was conspicuous by his absents . We have no real replacement for him.
If we are promoted a quality wide left player has to be top of TK's shopping list.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on March 16, 2022, 10:18:45 AM
To use an old phrase, last night Kebano was conspicuous by his absents . We have no real replacement for him.
If we are promoted a quality wide left player has to be top of TK's shopping list.

We have a quality wide left player in Kebano, but we need some wide attacking midfielder backup for both Wilson and Kebano.

MartyFFC

Neeskens has been too-drawer this year, and there's no doubt we're a better side with him in it. BDR is decent, but a bit-part squad player for me

clarkey

Neeskens has been amazing for a few years. It shows Parker's lack of knowledge and pig headed obstinacy in failing to regularly pick him. We really missed him and so did Mitro.

Mr K.Dilkington

Kebano is crazy underated at this level I've said it before 😄.
Get the boy back ASAP.
Foolish ham

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 16, 2022, 11:28:57 AM
Get the boy back ASAP.
Hope he gets a new contract this summer, believe it comes to an end soon.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on March 16, 2022, 11:30:38 AM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 16, 2022, 11:28:57 AM
Get the boy back ASAP.
Hope he gets a new contract this summer, believe it comes to an end soon.
He is certainly a useful squad player even in the prem so we really should reward him for this years performance and generally so
Foolish ham

Deeping_white

I think it's more the fact that BDR is too slow and unable to take on and beat the full back that's more the issue than anything. When Cav came on, unsurpisingly we instantly had more joy down the left, caused them issues and created chances. BDR just doesn't have that burst of pace to beat his man and put a cross in like Kebano or Cav. As a result it makes us slower and lop sided as we rely on the right wing to do all of the hard work, and teams already know Wilson is the best winger in the league so will double up on him as soon as he gets the ball.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 16, 2022, 10:09:20 AM
Kebano doesn't look like much of a player, but his statistics tell a story that he might be the 2nd Best Player in the Championship.

When Kebano has started 27 Games, 9 Wins, 6 Draws, 2 Losses, 2.333 Points per Game, = 107.3 Points in 46 Games (EFL 1st)
When Kebano hasn't started 10 Games, 4 Wins, 2 Draws, 4 Losses, 1.4 Points per Game, = 64.4 Points in 46 Games (EFL 10th-11th)

Kebano is possibly the 2nd most effective player (after Mitrovic) in the Championship. Effective means is getting your team to win, and effective is what matters most.

I hope Kebano wins FFC Player of the Year, as he is absolute model football (professional or amateur), even if he is not our best player.

If those Kebano starting numbers are correct, that's 33 points from 17, or a bit under 2 per match, but still likely to win the Champ at that pace.

It also underscores that we need to add a LW for next season, hopefully one who is better than Kebano, but at the very least one who is better than our current alternatives to Kebano.

blingo

I really rate Neeskins, but, one player doesn't make a team.

Whitestone

Kebano has been with the club since 2016 without setting the world alight, apart from a few games and  some important goals at the of the 2020 promotion season....until this season,  when his presence in the starting line up cannot be understated. We have missed him hugely these last two games. I would rather have seen Cav deputise. He is a more natural winger than BDR and I'm not a big fan of playing players out of their natural position, particularly when others are available. Despite the good performances from Kebano I believe we should look to upgrade if and when we reach the Premier League.

filham

Quote from: blingo on March 16, 2022, 05:54:52 PM
Of course not but one player can make a difference.

sunburywhite

Quote from: filham on March 16, 2022, 06:38:36 PM

GEEEERA
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

blingo

Quote from: filham on March 16, 2022, 06:38:36 PM

He may or may not have made a difference in our last two games. We will never know.

Grassy Noel

I do not believe that you get the full benefit of Neeskins when Robinson plays at wing back.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Lets get him back asap and we'll see if one man can make a difference. The common opinion here seems to be he will. will he be ready to light up Loftus Road for us?