more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The importance of Kebano

Started by Maidstone Lee, March 16, 2022, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Exactly all of the above.
He gives us balance and is the only player in the squad who can play successfully in his position.

Willham

A big part of kabano and our game now is to widen their defence with kabano drifting very wide, unlike wilson who will more often come deep and short for a pass. BDR is more like wilson on the fact he'll drop deep to collect the ball but doesnt get in behind, I'd prefer to see cavaleiro as the kabano back up (as he will drift and run in behind) and BDR as the wilson back up.

Also BDR definitely struggles being right footed on the left wing, cavaleiro enjoys this being a little quicker footed to cut inside. We certainly looked more of a threat when the sub was made.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Jims Dentist on March 17, 2022, 08:21:04 PM
He gives us balance and is the only player in the squad who can play successfully in his position.

Next time Kebano is out, i wouldn't mind seeing Carvalho playing on the left, with Cairney or Bobby as the #10 (probably Tom).

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Denver Fulham on March 16, 2022, 05:42:09 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 16, 2022, 10:09:20 AM
Kebano doesn't look like much of a player, but his statistics tell a story that he might be the 2nd Best Player in the Championship.

When Kebano has started 27 Games, 19 Wins, 6 Draws, 2 Losses, 2.333 Points per Game, = 107.3 Points in 46 Games (EFL 1st)
When Kebano hasn't started 10 Games, 4 Wins, 2 Draws, 4 Losses, 1.4 Points per Game, = 64.4 Points in 46 Games (EFL 10th-11th)

Kebano is possibly the 2nd most effective player (after Mitrovic) in the Championship. Effective means is getting your team to win, and effective is what matters most.

I hope Kebano wins FFC Player of the Year, as he is absolute model football (professional or amateur), even if he is not our best player.

If those Kebano starting numbers are correct, that's 33 points from 17, or a bit under 2 per match, but still likely to win the Champ at that pace. It also underscores that we need to add a LW for next season, hopefully one who is better than Kebano, but at the very least one who is better than our current alternatives to Kebano.

Sorry for my mistake, Kebano has started in 19 wins out of 27 games, Kebano has an amazing 63 points from 27 games, which means 88 points would take him 38 games.

Kebano massively fails the eye test in terms of being one of the best players in the Championship ever, but statistically, only a few players in the history of the Championship have managed the "2.33 Points per Game" and even less have managed a differential of 0.85 points per game of starting vs non-starting.

Kebano over Reid is statically one of the biggest upgrades in the history of the championship in terms of getting points. I'll admit using the "eye test" I see an upgrade with Kebano over Reid but it's not huge, but statistically playing with Kebano over Reid is almost as great as having an extra player on the field. Let's not underestimate Kebano, he is effective in a team.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Jims Dentist on March 17, 2022, 08:21:04 PM

Cavaleiro has returned to the squad and has been quite effective off the bench.

Need to ditch using BDR there and start using Cavaleiro when Kebano isn't fit.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 18, 2022, 06:57:48 AM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on March 16, 2022, 05:42:09 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 16, 2022, 10:09:20 AM
Kebano doesn't look like much of a player, but his statistics tell a story that he might be the 2nd Best Player in the Championship.

When Kebano has started 27 Games, 19 Wins, 6 Draws, 2 Losses, 2.333 Points per Game, = 107.3 Points in 46 Games (EFL 1st)
When Kebano hasn't started 10 Games, 4 Wins, 2 Draws, 4 Losses, 1.4 Points per Game, = 64.4 Points in 46 Games (EFL 10th-11th)

Kebano is possibly the 2nd most effective player (after Mitrovic) in the Championship. Effective means is getting your team to win, and effective is what matters most.

I hope Kebano wins FFC Player of the Year, as he is absolute model football (professional or amateur), even if he is not our best player.

If those Kebano starting numbers are correct, that's 33 points from 17, or a bit under 2 per match, but still likely to win the Champ at that pace. It also underscores that we need to add a LW for next season, hopefully one who is better than Kebano, but at the very least one who is better than our current alternatives to Kebano.

Sorry for my mistake, Kebano has started in 19 wins out of 27 games, Kebano has an amazing 63 points from 27 games, which means 88 points would take him 38 games.

Kebano massively fails the eye test in terms of being one of the best players in the Championship ever, but statistically, only a few players in the history of the Championship have managed the "2.33 Points per Game" and even less have managed a differential of 0.85 points per game of starting vs non-starting.

Kebano over Reid is statically one of the biggest upgrades in the history of the championship in terms of getting points. I'll admit using the "eye test" I see an upgrade with Kebano over Reid but it's not huge, but statistically playing with Kebano over Reid is almost as great as having an extra player on the field. Let's not underestimate Kebano, he is effective in a team.

Given the very small sample size (statistically speaking) and the abundance of factors that goes into determining the outcome of a game I would be very careful with drawing conclusions such as the ones above. I would argue that Kebano is far from being one of the best players in the Chamionship ever, although that is of course a subjective opinion (even though most other statistics back me up quite strongly). That doesn't mean that in this particular team his contributions are not a big part of our success, but the analysis above completely fails to understand that football is a team game.