watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luton...

Started by Blawarmy, March 19, 2022, 04:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blawarmy

Where did they come from? [emoji102] The playoffs this season will be a complete lottery.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Blawarmy on March 19, 2022, 04:30:40 PM
Where did they come from? [emoji102] The playoffs this season will be a complete lottery.

I was thinking that when they suddenly appeared in the top 6 last week seemingly from out of nowhere 😁

Sgt Fulham

Not surprised as they have been quality all season. Now they've added consistency to that, and there you have it. If not this season, I would expect them to be promoted next season.

Dunstable Fulham

Living where I do I know and speak to a lot of Luton fans. They have slowly and surely woken up to the fact that they have a real chance of securing a play off place. A number have said to me that they don't want to go up as they think they will get crucified in the Prem. I always say to them never turn down the opportunity to take your place in the sun. The opportunity might never come again and if nothing else it will transform their finances - with their new stadium likely to become a reality in the next 5/7 years the time to get into bed with the Premiership couldn't be better.
Proper football club Luton - a bit like us to be honest (apart from the ground)

SP

A Luton 'Thameslink derby' in the premier league would be great.

MartyFFC

Surely Kenilworth Road isn't up to PL requirements; I've seen better grounds in the national league south

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: MartyFFC on March 19, 2022, 08:45:45 PM
Surely Kenilworth Road isn't up to PL requirements; I've seen better grounds in the national league south

It's all seater and was fit to host Chelsea in the cup a couple of weeks ago. A poo hole undoubtedly- meet premier league requirements- I think so.

filham

I watched Middlesborough lose to Chelsea in the FA Cup today and they are pretty good, we have to play them soon and they will now be concentrating on a play off place.

KJS

Quote from: filham on March 19, 2022, 09:40:41 PM
I watched Middlesborough lose to Chelsea in the FA Cup today and they are pretty good, we have to play them soon and they will now be concentrating on a play off place.

Boscombe have to play them too

Bill2

Quote from: filham on March 19, 2022, 09:40:41 PM
I also watched the game and thought Boro were poor, no real penetration and did they have any shots on target. They'd lad at right back was great going forward but failed on every occasion to deliver a meaningful ball when in a position to do so. Luton look far better.

TC's Sporran

luton scoring for fun atm.
qpr could have been a point behind them today but are currently losing 3-1 at home to posh.
didnt see that coming

filham

So glad we are on the road to automatic promotion and not in that play off scramble which can be stressful and disappointing.

We Are Premier League

Looks like the total points required for us to get automatic promotion will be unusually low, a few teams have been promoted on 79 but i don't think the third placed team will even get there this season..one more win should do it!

HatterDon

Glad to see such good comments about The Hatters. Their performance shows what happens when confidence runs strong through the squad.

And I agree that we really want to be clear of the playoffs. A mediocre run to the finish like would still have us comfortably in the top two, but I want us to finish #1 -- if only because I've never been around long enough for me to see it happen.

About Luton, I'd like to see them promoted, but I think it's looking like the same three that went down will be going back up.  Having said that Up the Town!!!!!!  049:gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bencher

Quote from: HatterDon on March 21, 2022, 01:30:39 PM
Glad to see such good comments about The Hatters. Their performance shows what happens when confidence runs strong through the squad.

And I agree that we really want to be clear of the playoffs. A mediocre run to the finish like would still have us comfortably in the top two, but I want us to finish #1 -- if only because I've never been around long enough for me to see it happen.

About Luton, I'd like to see them promoted, but I think it's looking like the same three that went down will be going back up.  Having said that Up the Town!!!!!!  049:gif

It would take a miracle (or more!) for Fulham, Sheff Utd and West Brom to all get promoted. That would require Bournemouth to not finish in the top two and West brom to at least make the play offs. I don't see either of those happening.

H4usuallysitting

There's still time for a late runner.... I think we'll get minimum 9 points & be champions