watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

10 Points to Promotion

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, March 19, 2022, 04:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Well done Agent Parker, very impressive result.

Fulham now just 10 points away from automatic promotion.

049:gif

gang

That would only make 87 points, Nottingham Forest can still get 88.

davew

Quote from: gang on March 19, 2022, 04:58:26 PM
But they won't, got to play us at the Cottage yet. We must have the toughest list of fixtures  for the remaining part of the season, just as well we have a 14 point lead over the 3rd placed team.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: gang on March 19, 2022, 04:58:26 PM
Forest must play Luton... so that could dent their quest... and as we all know, no-one is going to win ALL of their final 8/9/10 matches...   but yes mathematically it could require 11 points... Forest v Luton and v Bournemouth both look mouthwatering matches..
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

The Rational Fan

Nine points in the next triple game week of QPR, Middlesbrough, and Coventry, would place us at 86 points. This s a score only Bournemouth, Luton, and Forest could reach. In addition, Luton and Forest would need to win every game of the season to reach that score including the games against Fulham. I'd like to ser the season mathematically over on the 10th April.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Ahh, didn't see Forest down there, it's so congested below us... But yeah that's true, it's 11 points we need as things stand. 👍

Sgt Fulham

We're promoted already, let's be real. And that's coming from a worrier. Now it's just a two horse race for 1st place, and we'd better win it!

70sPimlico

2 wins for promotion - 4 wins for championship I believe

Dunstable Fulham

Forest have to go to Luton, Bournemouth and ourselves. Can't see them winning all 3 of those games. I think we will win at QPR and secure promotion at Derby on Good Friday. As somebody who went to the Baseball Ground in May 1983 and witnessed those horrendous scenes the only thing that would please me more is that fixture also sealing Derbys relegation but I suspect it may be a little early for that

SP

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on March 19, 2022, 07:34:41 PM
Forest have to go to Luton, Bournemouth and ourselves. Can't see them winning all 3 of those games. I think we will win at QPR and secure promotion at Derby on Good Friday. As somebody who went to the Baseball Ground in May 1983 and witnessed those horrendous scenes the only thing that would please me more is that fixture also sealing Derbys relegation but I suspect it may be a little early for that

With you on this one DF, we've had to wait a while for payback & this scenario would clear the slate for me.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: SP on March 19, 2022, 07:43:47 PM
Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on March 19, 2022, 07:34:41 PM

With you on this one DF, we've had to wait a while for payback & this scenario would clear the slate for me.

I couldn't agree more - I'm normally a very forgiving sole but I've really struggled to move on where Derby are concerned. That day in particular but also the following season away trip which was also horrible.

Thames Bank 1

I was there 83 and slate will never be cleared.
It is up to us now not to blow it, though think Forest are the team to watch.

MartyFFC

I reckon 6th to 3rd place will finish on about 72 to 77 points. I've already got my champagne on ice 👊🏻

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MartyFFC on March 19, 2022, 08:54:00 PM
I reckon 6th to 3rd place will finish on about 72 to 77 points. I've already got my champagne on ice 👊🏻

It would help both our recuitment and player recovery, if the season is over of the 11th April.

May I remind you that
our two best seasons (19/20 & 21/22) of the last four seasons were followed by early-season finishes,
our two worse seasons (18/19 & 20/21) of the last four seasons were followed by late-season finishes.
the seasons before those (17/18) had a really poor start after the previous season was a late-season finish.

Lesson finish the season early so tired players can hang up their boots, which is requires winning the next three games.

The Rational Fan

If we win the next three games plus Forest and Luton get one draw each, then we are up on the 10th April resting players that need a break and the recruitment drive starts. If this happens we would be the approximately 10th team to qualify for next seasons EPL.

AJW48361

The truth is the teams below are a average bunch who can't string of decent number results together.

ffc73

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 20, 2022, 02:49:35 AM
If we win the next three games plus Forest and Luton get one draw each, then we are up on the 10th April resting players that need a break and the recruitment drive starts. If this happens we would be the approximately 10th team to qualify for next seasons EPL.

After our last 2 performances I would be pleasantly surprised if we won our next 3 games.

Marco needs to give our lot a mixture of rest & a kick up the backside during the international break otherwise defeats are looming at QPR & Middlesbrough.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Am I correct in thinking Bournemouth have another game to play before we take on QPR?   If so and they win that, there will only be a 5 point gap between them and us.  It makes that QPR game all the more a must win.

ffc73

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on March 20, 2022, 10:09:39 AM
Am I correct in thinking Bournemouth have another game to play before we take on QPR?   If so and they win that, there will only be a 5 point gap between them and us.  It makes that QPR game all the more a must win.

No, I believe Bournemouth's game in hand is at home to Nottingham Forest on Tuesday 3rd May.

The gap could close anyway as their next two games are Bristol (h) & WBA (a). 

filham

Lets not jump the gun, there are a few games to go for arithmetical certainty for promotion. Just wish we could get on with ii, just watching results of other clubs is soul destroying.