watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth losing, IF

Started by LC, April 06, 2022, 08:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobh Fulham Fan

I like to Bournemouth fail because they are/were our nearest rivals, not because of who their manager is. Its hardly relevant now anyway.

Something tells me Parker knows what he did to us and what he is now doing to another club.  If he fecks it all up again this time, then he will have to live with that failure.

Why would we want to be so petty to get pleasure from that. Isn't our victorious championship title not enough for some of us?

FFC1987

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on April 10, 2022, 12:26:46 PM
I like to Bournemouth fail because they are/were our nearest rivals, not because of who their manager is. Its hardly relevant now anyway.

Something tells me Parker knows what he did to us and what he is now doing to another club.  If he fecks it all up again this time, then he will have to live with that failure.

Why would we want to be so petty to get pleasure from that. Isn't our victorious championship title not enough for some of us?

Stating the obvious, but our success is at the cost of Bournemouth, hence they go hand in hand.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Asotosyios on April 10, 2022, 08:38:47 AM
Quote from: Twig on April 10, 2022, 08:12:06 AM
Quote from: Andy S on April 09, 2022, 09:46:31 PM
Why the hate? parker has made honest mistakes. His ability as a manager is suspect. He wasn't a fantastic manager for us. But h did get us promoted via the playoffs. After a wonderful start to the season he has come a cropper. He's had to pick up the pieces and it has been a slog. Bournemouth have been near the top all season. They do not need to blow it again so justice should see them promoted. That is the time to say goodbye to Parker as he doesn't have what it takes to be a manager of a premier league club

I've never really understood the lingering hate either. A player new to management who made some mistakes, couldn't hack the Prem but did get a promotion. That's hardly reason for hate. Yes he pursued a turgid style which was a reason for dislike but the force of some people's opinions continues to surprise me.

I don't think it's hate - strong dislike possibly, but not hate. Also, it has nothing to do with the mistakes that Parker made or whether his style was boring: I am a relatively young Fulham fan (have been following since 2007) and have seen some boring football. It has to do with Parker's behaviour and the way he left the club.

I am not "in the know", so I don't know if everything that was written about Parker demanding money to end his contract with us even though he had ageed to join Bournemouth is true. However, when the Club's owner (Fulham or not) announces that the manager is leaving and there is not even a typical "thank you for the promotion" on the press release, but instead you read "We will hire a new Head Coach who will be committed to Fulham and its supporters" then it becomes clear why people have taken such a dislike to Parker.

In my opinion.

Your opinion is a good one though. I was a supporter of Parker throughout his tenure. Hearing about some of the things which went on behind the scenes and how his exit occurred, it changed my opinion.

Tabby

I was never really a fan of Parker, but the thing that led me to actively dislike him was the way that he exited. He had his eye on the door before we got promoted, and I don't think it left the door throughout the season. Would explain why so much of the season was spent making excuses for himself.

At this point I just want him to fail, more than any other manager we've had since I became old enough to understand what a manager was (in the 90s). Call it petty if you want, just the way I am. Magath, Sanchez, Ranieri and Jol were just unsuccessful, that I can forgive. When Hughes left there was some bad blood, but I moved on.

I think the way that journos fawn over him is also a contributing factor. He is a young english manager setting the team up to play "the right way" and we were ever so lucky to have him. Scott Parker's Fulham was the way they kept putting it. I don't know if anyone else has noticed how the focus on the manager has diminished even as we are now more successful.

rebel

His footballing philosophy goes against the concept of 'going for a win', going for a draw and hoping for a win on the 'off chance', doesn't work for me. Even worse is that everybody can identify it as such, 'Parkerball'.

If Adidas sold a football named 'Parkerball', they wouldn't sell many.   

blingo

Quote from: rebel on April 10, 2022, 01:26:48 PM
His footballing philosophy goes against the concept of 'going for a win', going for a draw and hoping for a win on the 'off chance', doesn't work for me. Even worse is that everybody can identify it as such, 'Parkerball'.

If Adidas sold a football named 'Parkerball', they wouldn't sell many.   

They'd be going from the shop back to the warehouse etc Mr Rebel

Twig

His footballing style was certainly defensive and with a few notable exceptions unattractive to watch. But to be absolutely fair Sir Roy had a pretty conservative style but almost all of us loved him and happily watched his teams. I agree with FFC1987 that he isolated Mitro which was insane but I guess that just shows how inexperienced he was and that he often didn't make good decisions. In my view he also ruined Cavaleiro because by persistently playing him as a striker he damaged his confidence and turned supporters against him.
All in all there was a lot to dislike, I just don't really understand why people can't move on.

Cobh Fulham Fan

So the question still remains. Can Forrest catch up with Bournemouth?     

Or is it - can the Fulham supporters catch Parker?