watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth losing, IF

Started by LC, April 06, 2022, 08:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Are people genuinely hoping that we lose (mentally on the beach, play muniz etc) against Forest so that Bournemouth don't go up?

Wow, that's a whole different level of weird in my book. Never crosses my mind that I'd like Fulham to lose. Ever.

FFC1987

Quote from: bobby01 on April 07, 2022, 09:28:08 AM
I can see Forest taking runners up. Already signs of Parker's negativity creeping in, zero shots on target last night with loads of possession. The closer we get to the end the more he will play not to lose, if we beat boscombe and so do Forest then that gap is minimal. Cooper is in a win win situation getting them to where they are from when he took over so he has no pressure on him

They have to play each other still as well.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Look Guys we have the title in the bag, and unless Silva decides to take the lads away on a drinking bender and fail to show up for the remaining games, we are effectively champions.

So as Thailand Mick has already pointed out, we should now be looking at the remaining fixtures, not so much to cheerlead those who we like and want to win as well as those we want to lose, but rather with an eye for those who would best serve our interests as opponents next year in the premier league.

So , in a bit of forward thinking, I would suggest that the Parker spite brigade might suspend hostilities for the next couple of weeks as we need his team up there as a punch bag next year.   That said, it would be a bit satisfying to see them sweat a little and having to get there through the play-offs.   :005:

bobby01

Wtf..be tactical in what to lose so we can influence who comes up, don't take into account then that they may be able to recruit better than us in the summer, they may do better than us in the Pl. how can you influence the playoffs?  As far as I am concerned I want us to win every game to the end of the season go up as champions and break as many records as possible.
And personally I would love to see Boscombe fail to get promoted.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

We play Forrest on 26th April I think, possible that by then we have the championship sewn up, could we be looking for a Forrest win if it would put them in second place.

Somerset Fulham

I would 100% want Bournemouth in the Premier League ahead of Forest.

Thailand Mick

Just want to throw in another scenario, is it possible Huddersfield could win their last six games they have 4 at home against Luton, Qpr, Barnsley, Bristol City and two away to Coventry and Middlesbrough. If they achieved that it would mean Bournemouth would require 12 point from their last 8 very difficult games and Forest 20 points. Wishful thinking I know

Lordedmundo

Bournemouth's next 4 games look incredibly tough (including playing us of course) - they could easily get zero wins in that run.

Conversely, Forest could well win their next 4. I'm fairly certain they will close the gap right down - in which case it could be decided in the penultimate game where they play each other...

SG

Quote from: bobby01 on April 07, 2022, 10:00:12 AM
Wtf..be tactical in what to lose so we can influence who comes up, don't take into account then that they may be able to recruit better than us in the summer, they may do better than us in the Pl. how can you influence the playoffs?  As far as I am concerned I want us to win every game to the end of the season go up as champions and break as many records as possible.
And personally I would love to see Boscombe fail to get promoted.

My view exactly

We Are Premier League

If forest lose to Birmingham (unlikely), we will be promoted if we win at home to Coventry on Sunday :)

Cookie6262

As much as it would be funny to see Bournemouth throw it away I would rather they came up instead of Forest! Forest are a huge club on the March and could attract some
serious players if promoted, I think we would have a better chance of finishing above Bournemouth next season.

blingo

jayffc

Forest looking great again against Brum, almost like watching Fulham , 1-0 up already from the impressive Davies.

If I were Bournemouth I'd be feeling the pressure for real. They still gotta play us and Forest... Then assuming were up as champions by then we got a chance to play our reserve team against Forest if we want ha.

TBH I should probably prefer to see Bournemouth get promoted under Parker as that would be one Premier League relegation place almost nailed on net year imo. Where forest have some promising players in their ranks, play the right way and are a bit of a sleeping giant with their history....

But nah, Come on Forest ha!

70sPimlico

I think they might and I'm glad we have the points we do as I think there is a chance they could go through winning the remaining games.

My fear for them is that they are peaking but they may hit a wall just before the play offs. I'd be very nervous as a bournemouth fan.

The good news for us which mustn't be underestimated is that right now, no other team can plan for the premier league other than us.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

They are amazingly consistent but then so we're Middlesborough at home until they played us. Now they are losing to Hull.

Jeroen

Their goal difference is not massively different either +2 for boscombe so if Forrest manages to close the gap they will be better than them as well

cookieg

Apparently Boremouth need 16 points for promotion. Probably won't need as many as that but with 7 games to go there's no room to slip up.

sunburywhite

Tuesday May 3rd
Forest away to Bournemouth

Penultimate game of the season

That could be very tasty

5 out of Forests last 7 games are away from home
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rebel

I said fairly earlier on that Bournemouth would falter, but lets see. Parker looked 'subdued' on the touchline.