watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth losing, IF

Started by LC, April 06, 2022, 08:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and White Town

Whatever people's thoughts on Parker, you can't possibly want us to lose to Forest just to give them a chance to get 2nd

Deeping_white

Quote from: Black and White Town on April 06, 2022, 10:30:46 PM
Whatever people's thoughts on Parker, you can't possibly want us to lose to Forest just to give them a chance to get 2nd

I don't know if this is petty (it probably is) but I would love it if they capitulated and didn't get automatic promotion due to us losing to Forest (we'd have probably won the league by that point anyway if the scenario of them overtaking Bournemouth rings true so does it really matter?!). It would be such a crushing blow that I could see them getting done in the play-off too and I would spend the whole summer laughing at Parker

cookieg

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 06, 2022, 10:47:36 PM
Quote from: Black and White Town on April 06, 2022, 10:30:46 PM

I don't know if this is petty (it probably is) but I would love it if they capitulated and didn't get automatic promotion due to us losing to Forest (we'd have probably won the league by that point anyway if the scenario of them overtaking Bournemouth rings true so does it really matter?!). It would be such a crushing blow that I could see them getting done in the play-off too and I would spend the whole summer laughing at Parker

You are mean so mean. But I like it 😂😂

Colton F.C.

Boscombe's trip to Bramall Lane on Saturday is a tough ask.  Probable points available are between one and none.

Intriguingly Forest must now be thinking what we're thinking.  A draw against Birmingham, for them is no good.  Heightened expectation leads to pressure.  Brum are not very good but they might pull off a shock.  Troy Deeney is said to return.

Then when Sunday comes..................

COYW

Nero

Parker has already blow a points gap this season, and the season we went up the number of times we could have got into the top 2 and he blew it, I feel quite confident that they won't get more than a point against Sheff utd the pressure will increase hell start playing for O-O draws to try and get second place and end up dropping intop the play off

Andy S

We and Bournemouth have been right up there all season. So I would  like them to get promoted a long side us. I think I would try aNd get rid of parker in the close season if I were them

The Rational Fan

If we beat Bournemouth, we lose to Forest and Forest beats Bournmouth, then Forest will be ahead on goal difference and will catch up the 2 points required (with another Parker draw somewhere in the remaining games will happen).

Those three games will determine whether Bournmouth or Forest are Automatically promoted, but they have to all go Forest way for them to be automatic promotion, draws in those three games will mean Bournmouth gets promoted.

brightster

This is how it stands after tonight's games:

Team        Played   GD   PTS   Games left     Max Points can get   Total Points can get to
Fulham           39    61   83   7                    21                        104
Bournemouth   38   27   71   8                    24                          95
Huddersfield   40   9   66   6                    18                          84
Luton           40   14   65   6                    18                          83
Sheff U           40.  12   64   6                    18                          82
Middlesbrough   39.  11   62   7                    21                          83
Blackburn           40.  10   62   6                    18                          80
N.Forest           38.  23   64   8                    24                          88
QPR                   40   3   59   6                    18                          77
Millwall           40   2   58   6                    18                          76
Coventry          40   1   56   6                    18                          74
WBA.            40   7   57   6                    18                          75

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Nero on April 06, 2022, 11:12:39 PM
Parker has already blow a points gap this season, and the season we went up the number of times we could have got into the top 2 and he blew it, I feel quite confident that they won't get more than a point against Sheff utd the pressure will increase hell start playing for O-O draws to try and get second place and end up dropping intop the play off

Spot on. Parker is so programmed to play it safe he is going to leave the door wide open for someone like Forest to catch up. Would not surprise me if they struggle to get to 80 points.

perry geyton

Thailand Mick

Looking ahead to next season do we really want forest, Middlesbrough or Sheffield United to be promoted, they are big clubs and all 3 teams have vastly improved in the second half of the season. I for one would much rather Luton and Huddersfield and then Bournemouth be promoted giving us a greater chance of staying up.

Whitestone

Bournemouth under Parker would most likely finish below us in the Premier League. For most of the season I've been hoping Bournemouth would blow it, not anymore. Huddersfield or Luton to win the play offs would be preferable, although my money is on Forest. They look unstoppable at the moment.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Whitestone on April 07, 2022, 07:25:26 AM
Bournemouth under Parker would most likely finish below us in the Premier League. For most of the season I've been hoping Bournemouth would blow it, not anymore. Huddersfield or Luton to win the play offs would be preferable, although my money is on Forest. They look unstoppable at the moment.
yes they do look good and as Norwich are proving this season just because you win the championship does not mean you will do the best of the promoted teams.

Oakeshott

Forrest will have a poor patch; almost every club does. Bournemouth will get an automatic promotion spot and will deserve it. I'd like to think we'll win down there but I rather doubt it.

The play-offs are going to be a battle, though. When we've been involved, two of the four have usually been signficantly more likely to come through than the other two. With Forrest, Boro', Huddersfield, and maybe Sheffield United, getting the 3rd promotion spot isn't going to be easy.

Ash FFC

Whilst it would be amusing, having Parker's Bournemouth in the Premier League rather than Cooper's Forest could be beneficial to us. Whilst I hope we're looking up rather than down next season, having a struggling Bournemouth take one of the bottom three places would be brilliant. I think Forest would have a far better season.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

blingo

Boro are doing well without quite getting there, but if they make the play offs then i think they have asgood a chance as any of going up. Forest can do it mathematically, and whilst Forest can have a bad patch, Bournemouth could have a nightmare too. I think that if Bournemouth drop points in their next two games, they will be in big danger of finishing in the play off places.

PaulJ123

I can't see Forest catching Bournemouth, Bournemouth are fortunate they had that unbeaten run in the early months of the season though.

And like others have said, teams like Forest, Boro, Sheff Utd will be more equipped to the PL with big fan bases and stadiums.

f321ffc

Was thinking exactly that last night, how funny would it be if they did, Boremuff to lose next 2 very possible and Forest win next 2 very possible and they have to play each other last but one game of season.
COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

FFC1987

I have a feeling this will play out much like our chase of Cardiff who pitched us to second even after our ridiculously record breaking run. It'll be close, but Forest, likely giving themselves too much to do. Would love it to happen though. Big fan of Cooper and have a soft spot for Forest.

bobby01

I can see Forest taking runners up. Already signs of Parker's negativity creeping in, zero shots on target last night with loads of possession. The closer we get to the end the more he will play not to lose, if we beat boscombe and so do Forest then that gap is minimal. Cooper is in a win win situation getting them to where they are from when he took over so he has no pressure on him
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.