watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Set Pieces

Started by FFC In Oz, April 07, 2022, 02:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

It's so refreshing now that we have some extremely creative and dangerous set piece routines that we can score from.

We now have a top drawer taker of course - but the routines that we've seen over the course of the season from corners and dangerous attacking free kicks have been very well worked.

As shown last night, set pieces can be the difference in those tight games.

Jims Dentist

Product of the superb coaching team.

Hugh Gentry

People will complain about bringing up Parker, but we saw zero creativity and thinking outside of the box while he was in charge, just passing around the box, mainly our own!! It has been a stupendous season because of the refreshing attitude of our management and coaching teams.

Caedal

In Harry Wilson's post match interview, he mentioned that the team spends quite a bit of time on set plays, and that routines are tailored for each opponent. That might seem an obvious thing to do, but I reckon most teams just have 3-4 general set piece routines which they use in most matches.

I would think Silva's focus on tailoring them for each opponent has been one of the main reasons for our massive success from them this season. Crazy to think when he was announced manager people were expecting us to be terrible from them, defending corners especially.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Caedal on April 07, 2022, 08:02:18 PM
In Harry Wilson's post match interview, he mentioned that the team spends quite a bit of time on set plays, and that routines are tailored for each opponent. That might seem an obvious thing to do, but I reckon most teams just have 3-4 general set piece routines which they use in most matches.

I would think Silva's focus on tailoring them for each opponent has been one of the main reasons for our massive success from them this season. Crazy to think when he was announced manager people were expecting us to be terrible from them, defending corners especially.
I agree, it just doesn't bother me when we concede a corner now, for the past 5-7 years it scared the poo out of me when we conceded a corner

Grassy Noel

Neither do I worry about corners until I wake up in the night in a cold sweat with memory of the Preston game.

mrmicawbers

Vast improvement this season,something we've needed for such a long time.This has also coincided with our defence of them.

Tabby

The difference isn't just Harry Wilson. We have at least 5 designated takers between Wilson, Seri, Kebano, Reed and Cairney.

Most surprising thing of the season seeing how Silva's teams were pants at set pieces in the Prem.

AJW48361

Organised at defending set pieces also.Although Marek could help even more by catching more and dominating his Box.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: AJW48361 on April 09, 2022, 01:54:07 PM
Organised at defending set pieces also.Although Marek could help even more by catching more and dominating his Box.
So true he seems to get over anxious when a high ball comes in.