News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If there ever was a must win other than the great escape...

Started by finnster01, January 01, 2011, 07:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Fletchino

What we really need to do is win on Tuesday and follow it up with another leauge win

MJG

Just like west ham, no excuses we need to win this one. In the end its about results and no matter how well we battled away today we lost.
I'm really struggling with how some fans just seem to think it will all be fine and nothing to worry about and we will finish top half, #%$@!! dreamland some fans

SmithyFFC

Sorry to say anything but a win against WBA and Sparky will have to go.
FTID

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on January 01, 2011, 07:16:47 PM
Just like west ham, no excuses we need to win this one. In the end its about results and no matter how well we battled away today we lost.
I'm really struggling with how some fans just seem to think it will all be fine and nothing to worry about and we will finish top half, #*%@!! dreamland some fans

Nothing we say or do influences things so why not stay optimistic if that happens to be in your nature.

You can jump up and down, turn red and scream with rage cursing Hughes, MAF, God and all their doings but it won't improve the results.

Me, I'll stay calm.

Scrumpy

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 01, 2011, 07:18:19 PM
No game at this stage of the season is a 'must win'. I will be gutted if we don't win, but it would be ridiculous to sack Hughes if that were the case. Unfortunately, football is not that simple. What if we absolutely batter West Brom but just can't stick the ball in the net?What if we have 2 blatant penalties turned down?

I won't be calling for his head if we fail to win, and I won't be calling him a world-beater if we do win either.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 01, 2011, 07:28:02 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 01, 2011, 07:16:47 PMJust like west ham, no excuses we need to win this one. In the end its about results and no matter how well we battled away today we lost.
I'm really struggling with how some fans just seem to think it will all be fine and nothing to worry about and we will finish top half, #*%@!! dreamland some fans

Nothing we say or do influences things so why not stay optimistic if that happens to be in your nature.

You can jump up and down, turn red and scream with rage cursing Hughes, MAF, God and all their doings but it won't improve the results.

Me, I'll stay calm.

TG you keep saying that, so why do I always here fans go on about support the team,don't boo etc. We might as well watch the game without making a noise. Fans do influence players,boards etc. We can't MAKE the decisions but we can make our feelings known,so I will continue to jump up and down but one man I will not blame is MAF

TonyGilroy

I've no problem with making a noise and expressing opinions but we don't all have to have the same opinions and we DON'T influence the decisions except, possibly, in the most negative ways by hounding out players or the manager.

No one at this club, as yet, deserves that. IMO of course.

Meanwhile the bigger picture is improving performances, good attitude and an open transfer window.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 01, 2011, 07:34:44 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 01, 2011, 07:18:19 PM
No game at this stage of the season is a 'must win'. I will be gutted if we don't win, but it would be ridiculous to sack Hughes if that were the case. Unfortunately, football is not that simple. What if we absolutely batter West Brom but just can't stick the ball in the net?What if we have 2 blatant penalties turned down?

I won't be calling for his head if we fail to win, and I won't be calling him a world-beater if we do win either.

I won't be calling for his head, but 3 wins from 20 games can we really afford to give him £20 million odd to get us out of it?
FTID

TonyGilroy

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 01, 2011, 07:41:34 PM

I won't be calling for his head, but 3 wins from 20 games can we really afford to give him £20 million odd to get us out of it?

If you're MAF the judgement is whether Hughes is the right man or not. He's observed him closely for 5 months. He sees how he works, knows the plans and how the players react to him. He can judge whether things are likely to improve or get worse.

We only see the results and performances. Today we played well but had no cutting edge. As ever but that can now be put right.

The alternative to trusting Hughes is starting again.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 01, 2011, 07:46:23 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 01, 2011, 07:41:34 PM

If you're MAF the judgement is whether Hughes is the right man or not. He's observed him closely for 5 months. He sees how he works, knows the plans and how the players react to him. He can judge whether things are likely to improve or get worse.

We only see the results and performances. Today we played well but had no cutting edge. As ever but that can now be put right.

The alternative to trusting Hughes is starting again.

If you can find a manager with a good track record at this level then we may aswell go for him. However, as in the summer, apart from O'Neil, this manager isn't available.

The question is has Hughes taken the current squad backwards. If thats a yes than surely there is little future for him.
FTID

ImperialWhite

I feel a bit cheeky giving my own article a plug, but I argue that if you look at the stats, Hughes is doing as well as Roy, given that Zamora is injured.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/without-zamora/

I don't particularly like Hughes, but the only way to improve is for either AJ to step up (I think he might, soon) or for us to buy a new striker. The sooner the better, cos we're 18th in the form table.

HatterDon

I guess I'm one of the few who believes that we bottomed out at home to The Cheats, and that our performances at Stoke and Tottenham bode well for the future. I see six point from the next two matches, and, afterr that, a gentle gradual slide up the table to about 12-15.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

The table is too tight to say that this is a must win or Hughes must go if we don't win it. I am not sure what has changed from Spam. We still have no forwards so why think we are going to score? We played really well I thought at Stoke and Spuds but still need something or someone to change things infront of goal. So until that happens this is unlikely to be a clear win. WBA were unlucky not topick up a point against United yesterday.

So much improved since our last home game but still the problem remains up front. Even if Dembele is fit, he is still a left sided wide player who should play there if fit leaving Demps up front with AJ and Davies on the right. Still not sure that Duff has shown any improvement to keep his place.

However we are not far off bringing in ten forwards or whatrever the latest news is. Then we can start talking about must wins. Right now it is still 'must keep in touch with the rest'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope