watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by longshanks, April 16, 2022, 11:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longshanks

Why does everyone rate Tosin, he gets caught out of position often and makes some dreadful decisions, he will be exposed in the Premiership, and before anybody says he's played there before, don't forget he had Anderson next to him and he was quality.

Hatch007

It's the Premier League, not the Premiership!

And who's to say he won't be alongside another quality CB next season? Let's see who the club bring in. Tosin was quality in the PL last time around before tailing off after the the win against Liverpool but the same can be said for the majority of the squad that season.

bobby01

Sometimes your are out of position because you have had to cover other defenders who are not where you would expect. With Williams bombing up and down the wing Tosin is often pulled to far left to cover, as is Ream and Robinson, I have often thought we need a more disciplined full back approach where just one goes at a time as neither Wilson or Kebano will cover like Ayite used to do.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

FFC1987

Tosin will be an absolute asset next season. Games about opinions and he sure isn't perfect but he's had a hard carry this season and often seems out of place with having to fill larger areas that players around him haven't and simply don't have the legs to.

simplyfulham

Absolutes nonsense thread

colinwhite

rebel

Tosin has made a few mistakes recently, that is just a fact. When he is good, he is really good. When he is poor, he is really poor.

filham

I think Tosin will be OK in the premier league but it is a priority that we find a good partner for him. Once promotion is secure we should be trying Hector in that position.

sarnian

Tosin played some brilliant cross field balls yesterday to Reid who always cut back to his right foot and slowed things down. Had it been Kebano first half he would have taken on the full back and put the ball into the danger area.

As mentioned he quite often has to cover for other out of position defenders. He will be fine.

St Eve

Quote from: sarnian on April 16, 2022, 01:03:54 PM
Tosin played some brilliant cross field balls yesterday to Reid who always cut back to his right foot and slowed things down. Had it been Kebano first half he would have taken on the full back and put the ball into the danger area.

As mentioned he quite often has to cover for other out of position defenders. He will be fine.
I saw exactly this yesterday. BDR was so predictable

bobby01

Quote from: St Eve on April 16, 2022, 02:15:02 PM

Tbh I agree with the above but when bdr was receiving the ball he was generally isolated out there, when he had support he set fab up. I think some of the criticism of BDR today is harsh.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Somerset Fulham

Nope, there are no overreactions on this board whatsoever.  Nothing to see here.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: bobby01 on April 16, 2022, 03:15:00 PM
Quote from: St Eve on April 16, 2022, 02:15:02 PM

Tbh I agree with the above but when bdr was receiving the ball he was generally isolated out there, when he had support he set fab up. I think some of the criticism of BDR today is harsh.

I think BDR was a bit predictable but also agree he didn't have much support. Bryan was seemingly too worried about being exposed to get forward and didn't offer an option. Though I would credit him for his defending, which was very good by and large.

The Rational Fan

Tosin has his limitations as a player, and 12-15 teams in the premier league will have two center-backs better than him. Under FFP, we cannot afford a player as good as Tosin in every position next season, but with a squad of players like him we may be good enough to get us to 17th in the Premier League. An incredible achievement under FFP.

Somerset Fulham

BDR is being played way out of position, I do think that people should cut him some slack really.

WolverineFFC

He looked more at fault yesterday than he was. I think he switches off a bit much for a defender, but the hope is that it is something which will correct as he ages. Regardless, he is the club's best member of the back 4 and has already proven himself capable at the Premier League. There are much larger issues for the club to address ahead of next season.

longshanks

Thank you Rational fan, a fair assessment of my comment, unlike many on here who think your some sort of imbecile because you dare say one of our players is not as good as some people think.

Luka

I used to think he was just "casual" in his playing style but Tosin is always a yard  slower than a quickish striker.
Not convinced that he is actually that good and his lack of urgency and pace will prove a huge weakness next season.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: WolverineFFC on April 16, 2022, 05:53:09 PM

He looked more at fault yesterday than he was. I think he switches off a bit much for a defender, but the hope is that it is something which will correct as he ages. Regardless, he is the club's best member of the back 4 and has already proven himself capable at the Premier League. There are much larger issues for the club to address ahead of next season.

I don't think he showed proper urgency in closing down the cross for their opener. The second one was a scuffed shot that put him in a bad spot. It happens.

Anyway, he's a clear starter for us next season. Not sure what the point of debate about him is. He's much more good than bad, and on a list of problems for the PL, he's way below the line of consideration.

simplyfulham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 16, 2022, 05:47:24 PM
Tosin has his limitations as a player, and 12-15 teams in the premier league will have two center-backs better than him. Under FFP, we cannot afford a player as good as Tosin in every position next season, but with a squad of players like him we may be good enough to get us to 17th in the Premier League. An incredible achievement under FFP.

I think your eyesight might have limitations in assessing football players, and 120,00 - 150,000 football fans will be better places at providing more rounded opinions on football players.