watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan vs Robinson

Started by Grassy Noel, April 24, 2022, 09:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuinSalop

Bryan was poor tonight, Robinson so much more of a threat.

simplyfulham

Quote from: StuinSalop on April 26, 2022, 10:55:38 PM

Nonsense.

Radiowhite

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 27, 2022, 12:55:08 AM

Nonsense.
Did you watch the match? Bryan had a mare

Mr White

Bryan, total crap tonight

love4ffc

I love Bryan but he hasn't been very good the last two matches.  It's time for Robinson to come back in. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Hatch007

Nonsense.
Then you shoulda gone to Specsavers.

Robinson advances us so more expediently and was solid defensively in the second half on Saturday whereas Bryan had been a sending off waiting to happen in the first half.

Joe delivers a good cross but other than that Robinson is superior in carrying the ball forward and getting back to cover defensively.

RaySmith

Quote from: Hatch007 on April 27, 2022, 06:47:02 AM

Nonsense.

Robinson advances us so more expediently and was solid defensively in the second half on Saturday whereas Bryan had been a sending off waiting to happen in the first half.

Joe delivers a good cross but other than that Robinson is superior in carrying the ball forward and getting back to cover defensively.

Joe's card was unfair - the B/mouth player kept looking to go down, and once Joe had got the card he was targeted to get him sent off, that's why he was subbed.

I don't think Joe deserves the criticism for the last two games: i think he had done well overall, with some crucial blocks and tackles against good, pacey wingers. He can  mishit passes going forward,  but it wasn't only him yesterday, but does good things too - look at his assist the other week v Preston.

As for comparing him to Robinson, well  they each have their own qualities, but I certainly don't think Joe has done  badly in the  last two games he's played.

I do think though that we will need defensive rethinking for the Prem.

Bill2

To be fair Joe did not have any support last night BDR had a shocker although again to be fair wide left is not really his position.

Riversider

To be fair, both are pretty s**t ! Sorry but they are, for the last two games it's a case of Silva trying to work out which player is the least s**t out of the two,
Over the last 40 years neither would make the Left Back Top 10,
That position must be a priority in the summer.

Whitestone

Bryan and Ream on the left has never been a good combination.  It works with Robinson and Ream, partly because Robinson has the pace that Ream lacks and provides better cover.
Can anyone shed any light on Robinson's omission from the squad yesterday ? He looked fine walking across the pitch at half time ?

bobby01

Quote from: Whitestone on April 27, 2022, 07:50:37 AM
Bryan and Ream on the left has never been a good combination.  It works with Robinson and Ream, partly because Robinson has the pace that Ream lacks and provides better cover.
Can anyone shed any light on Robinson's omission from the squad yesterday ? He looked fine walking across the pitch at half time ?

I have said this before as well, Reams worst games happen when Bryan is outside, when the ball is upfield and lost Bryan cannot get back but Robbo does, Ream pushes up more when Bryan is playing which leaves that big space behind.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bobby01

Quote from: Riversider on April 27, 2022, 07:37:00 AM
To be fair, both are pretty s**t ! Sorry but they are, for the last two games it's a case of Silva trying to work out which player is the least s**t out of the two,

And yet Robinson is championship left back of the season🤷‍♀️
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

simplyfulham

Don't remember Joe getting beaten significantly night.

I do remember getting back and recovering on a couple of occasions, I remember him dealing well with Spence's pace and not getting his pocket picked and I remember a few really dangerous balls into the box.

I'd love to know from those who thought he had a bad game where he went wrong yesterday.

Would also be curious to know who was watching from the ground and who was watching from a screen somewhere.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Hatch007 on April 27, 2022, 06:47:02 AM

Nonsense.

Listen it's too easy to start ranting at people on here so I'm going to avoid that.

I wouldn't really go with that. Bryan's booking was a result of some dodgey reffing and gamesmanship from Bournemouth. Apparently he gave away 7 fouls and there was barely a bad tackle involved.

Robinson should count his lucky stars that Billing went off for the second half. He had been pressing the channels the Tim/Joe were working in a lot more effectively then Solanke on the other side.. with Christie as well in that side, Bournemouth we're overloading that area of the pitch. It was all change second half.

Riversider

Quote from: bobby01 on April 27, 2022, 09:08:13 AM

And yet not good enough to start for Fulham according to Marco .

Whitestone

Quote from: Riversider on April 27, 2022, 09:41:57 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on April 27, 2022, 09:08:13 AM

And yet not good enough to start for Fulham according to Marco .

On what basis have you come to that conclusion ? Robinson has been first choice left back for most of the games this season.

jayffc

I'll take Robinsons failed crosses and generally poor passing in advanced positions over Bryan being dominated and robbed of the ball in dangerous positions

simplyfulham

Quote from: jayffc on April 27, 2022, 10:02:58 AM
I'll take Robinsons failed crosses and generally poor passing in advanced positions over Bryan being dominated and robbed of the ball in dangerous positions

Does he though..?

A few objective numbers for you.

Dispossessed per 90mins
Robinson: 0.82
Bryan: 0.43

Possession lost per 90mins
Robinson: 20.15 (highest in squad)
Bryan: 16.62

jayffc

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 27, 2022, 10:20:04 AM

Does he though..?

Dispossessed per 90mins

My point was where the posession is lost

Robinson makes runs forward more at pace deep into opposition half and his passing hasnt been great so I'm not overly suprised with these stats but they don't tell the whole story at all.

Perhaps the stats dont back this up either...but to the eye test...id stamd by that I'd rather Robinson losing the ball deep in opposing half then the recent spat of Bryan, especially in the last few games, being dispossessed or losing battles in our own half or very close to leading to dangerous attacks.

simplyfulham

Quote from: jayffc on April 27, 2022, 10:53:41 AM
Quote from: simplyfulham on April 27, 2022, 10:20:04 AM

Does he though..?

Dispossessed per 90mins

My point was where the posession is lost

Robinson makes runs forward more at pace deep into opposition half and his passing hasnt been great so I'm not overly suprised with these stats but they don't tell the whole story at all.

Perhaps the stats dont back this up either...but to the eye test...id stamd by that I'd rather Robinson losing the ball deep in opposing half then the recent spat of Bryan, especially in the last few games, being dispossessed or losing battles in our own half or very close to leading to dangerous attacks.

Yup fair, the stats are not the be all and are small snapshot.

I can't say I'd go along with Bryan losing the ball more then Robbo in bad areas.

I've seen him lose the ball but for the most part it's because the ball out to him was poor or slow and has put him under pressure. Under those circumstances I don't think it's unreasonable that he's lost the ball.

(Happened last night around the 30-35 min mark maybe)

Robbo is just as bad for me. His poor decision making as often meant we lose the ball as we are countering, leaving us exposed at the back as players have flooded forward in anticipation of a successful attack on goal. You've now got 6 or 7 players out of position struggling to get back because of Robbo's decision making.

(He did this in the 2nd half at Bournemouth, trying to dribble out of left back and not releasing the ball when he should have)