watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan vs Robinson

Started by Grassy Noel, April 24, 2022, 09:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassy Noel

Just when you thought that the whole business was done to death Marco gives us a game of two halves to salivate upon.How did they fare? I see that both got yellow cards but it seems that if you didn't get one then you were not pulling your weight.

Bassey the warrior

Robinson did well I thought abd Bryan had a shocker.

Facts Not Fiction

Robinson coped with Christie better that's for sure. And with Djed Spence next up, it simply has to be Robinson. Need his pace to cancel out Spence.

Whitestone

Bryan struggled for most of the half. It became a physical battle for him which ultimately resulted in the yellow card. He couldn't cope with the Bournemouth wide player and just like the Denis Odoi of old, was playing on a tightrope and always likely to pick up a second yellow. A good substitution by Silva.
Robinson came on and made a difference defensively, without having any of the problems that Joe had. Only the ref knows why he booked him because there was nothing in the incident.

Tonywa

Robinson was so much better than Bryan had been when he came on. Both have their faults, but Robinson's vastly superior pace is a definite advantage

JimOG

Quote from: Tonywa on April 24, 2022, 10:02:32 AM
Robinson was so much better than Bryan had been when he came on. Both have their faults, but Robinson's vastly superior pace is a definite advantage

It would be wise of FFC I think to bring Larkeche onto the subs bench in at least one of the final three games along with Stansfield.

simplyfulham

Funny because from the stands I thought Robinson was crap.

Decision making just awful, wandering into players and losing possession putting us under pressure. Pretty he sure he played the ball straight out of play on at least 3 occasions (pass Acc of 44% so it's more than possible).

Should caveat that with where we were sat was less then ideal to view the two left backs. Joe played on the opposite flank in the first half and I couldn't really see our left corner flag in the second. So there was a good patch of the pitch to the left of our box that was just obscured for me.

If Robbo did his best stuff there then I wouldn't have seen it.

filham

Sorry to have to say this but I think that match may spell the end of any Premier League matches for Bryan. To be substituted at half time because you can't handle a Championship wide man is no recommendation for a place in a Premier League defense.

Tabby

The pace makes itself shown in defending. There are situations where Bryan has to make a last ditch tackle where Robinson can simply cover the opponent.

Tackles are nice and get the crowd going, but Bryan was walking a very thin line last game and kept giving away fouls like candy.

AJW48361

U23 Football compared to the First Team stuff are poles apart.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Tabby on April 24, 2022, 11:50:21 AM
The pace makes itself shown in defending. There are situations where Bryan has to make a last ditch tackle where Robinson can simply cover the opponent.

Tackles are nice and get the crowd going, but Bryan was walking a very thin line last game and kept giving away fouls like candy.

To be fair.. a ref of a reasonable standard wouldn't have given half of those.

ALG01

Quote from: filham on April 24, 2022, 11:37:48 AM
Sorry to have to say this but I think that match may spell the end of any Premier League matches for Bryan. To be substituted at half time because you can't handle a Championship wide man is no recommendation for a place in a Premier League defense.

actually, he was taken off because he was on a yellow card and the winger was doing his damndes to get bryan sent off.
robinson was just dreadful when he appeared. he was out of positio so often and his choice of passes was ridiculous IMO.

Chesh

I thought Bryan was an absolute liability yesterday, and had to come off before he got the inevitable red card. Robinson couldn't control a bag of cement, but of the two is markedly the better option for me - if only because of his pace
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Radiowhite

Quote from: ALG01 on April 24, 2022, 12:47:00 PM

actually, he was taken off because he was on a yellow card and the winger was doing his damndes to get bryan sent off.
robinson was just dreadful when he appeared. he was out of positio so often and his choice of passes was ridiculous IMO.
We must have been watching different matches, I thought Robinson was solid.

FacundoSavasfacemask

Does anyone think that Bryan was subbed, because Ryan Christie was going down easy, and every time Joe tackled him, he rolled around like a fish?
He got a yellow and Silva could well have seen a red was highly likely with that scandalous referee.

Dodger53

Robinson was dreadful when he came on. Every pass and clearance went to an opposition player.

Mince n Tatties

Do some of you actually watch the game.
When Robinson came on for Joe,Christie was well out of it then....Bryan couldn't cope with him.

St Eve

Interesting debate. We need 2 players for every position. The question is are either of them premiership class. For what it's worth I thought Bryan had a shocker yesterday

simplyfulham

Quote from: Radiowhite on April 24, 2022, 01:02:00 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on April 24, 2022, 12:47:00 PM

We must have been watching different matches, I thought Robinson was solid.

It's worth repeating.. 44% passing accuracy.

So roughly speaking, for every 5 passes Robbo made, only 2 found a Fulham player. You'd be pulled off if you played Sunday league playing like that

Andy S

Robinson was only put on because because Bryan had been booked and was looking like he might well get a red in the second half. I'm not saying either had a good game but from where I watched it there was nothing glaringly bad