watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight in the Championship

Started by Colton F.C., April 25, 2022, 09:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton F.C.

Blackburn hitting some format the right time. 4-1 up away at Preston.

Their next match is home to Super Scotty Parker's Boscombe.

MikeTheCubed

The win keeps Blackburn in contention for the playoffs as well. Ideally now QPR would get a result against Sheffield on Friday.

Blawarmy

We need to beat Luton to give Blackburn a chance.

rebel

We need to get Notts Forest promoted instead of 'Mr Really' man.

He annoyed me before, but recent comments are just 'stupid', he has no understanding of how 'goal line technology' works.

All he should say about Mitro's goal, is 'that it must of been very close'. 

JoelH5

Quote from: rebel on April 26, 2022, 12:52:54 PM

He annoyed me before, but recent comments are just 'stupid', he has no understand of how 'goal line technology' works.

All he could say about Mitro's goal, is 'that it must of been very close' 

First and foremost we need to win the league. Two draws and a loss and Bournemouth can beat us by one point. We need to win a game.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Blawarmy

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 26, 2022, 12:55:50 PM

He annoyed me before, but recent comments are just 'stupid', he has no understand of how 'goal line technology' works.

First and foremost we need to win the league. Two draws and a loss and Bournemouth can beat us by one point. We need to win a game.
Boscombe and Forest both losing will do tonight. Forest win their remaining matches and Boscombe lose to Forest and Blackburn. Job done [emoji1303]

Rupert

Sorry, rebel, but I am astonished by this attitude. We want three teams, weaker than us, in the top flight next season. At least three teams. Two obvious candidates are the two who come up with us.

If Scott Parker is truly as poor a manager as many on here maintain, then surely to God we want him and Bournemouth in the Premier league next season, rather than a team with a better manager who might make a decent fist of staying up.

I support Fulham FC, and I come on this site as it is Friends of Fulham. Some of you seem to be more interested in getting one over on our former manager than supporting our long term survival. Has your disdain for Parker blinded you all to the longer term consequences? Should we rename the site as enemies of Parker?
I accept many are disappointed that we failed to put one over on him this season. So why not look forward to having another go next season? Come on, think it through. We want to beat Forest, beat Luton. Not hope they beat us and pip Bournemouth. Let Bournemouth worry about the chasing pack, they have the capability of messing it up by themselves. Let's worry about wrapping up the championship for ourselves first and foremost.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

rebel

Quote from: Rupert on April 26, 2022, 01:04:46 PM
Sorry, rebel, but I am astonished by this attitude. We want three teams, weaker than us, in the top flight next season. At least three teams. Two obvious candidates are the two who come up with us.

If Scott Parker is truly as poor a manager as many on here maintain, then surely to God we want him and Bournemouth in the Premier league next season, rather than a team with a better manager who might make a decent fist of staying up.

I support Fulham FC, and I come on this site as it is Friends of Fulham. Some of you seem to be more interested in getting one over on our former manager than supporting our long term survival. Has your disdain for Parker blinded you all to the longer term consequences? Should we rename the site as enemies of Parker?
I accept many are disappointed that we failed to put one over on him this season. So why not look forward to having another go next season? Come on, think it through. We want to beat Forest, beat Luton. Not hope they beat us and pip Bournemouth. Let Bournemouth worry about the chasing pack, they have the capability of messing it up by themselves. Let's worry about wrapping up the championship for ourselves first and foremost.

I could dissect your post, but simply can't be bothered. Do I like Parker, No.
My preference is for Forest to get promoted. I like their playing style, they are making a late charge and I'd like to see them succeed. 

bencher

Sums it up well.

Holders

He annoyed me before, but recent comments are just 'stupid', he has no understanding of how 'goal line technology' works.

If he said that then his grammar's sh1t as well.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: bencher on April 26, 2022, 01:19:28 PM

Sums it up well.

Beautifully put.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Thailand Mick

For me I would like to see Bournemouth and Forest fall over themselves allowing Huddersfield second place and Luton to win the play offs. So a Fulham, Swansea victory tonight please.

New Kid on the Block

Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, I think Forest may win this game. They scored 4 more goals on Saturday, against our 1, and have been on fire for several weeks.

Black and White Town

It will definitely be tough tonight, they have possibly got more to play for than us.

Bill2

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on April 26, 2022, 03:18:35 PM
Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, I think Forest may win this game. They scored 4 more goals on Saturday, against our 1, and have been on fire for several weeks.
I thought they only scored 1 against Peterboro.

rebel

I want the best teams to go up, Bournemouth has been ridiculously lucky to be where they are.
They aren't in the best 3 teams in the league. It's a ridiculous stance to want the 'weakest teams' go up so we can survive next season.

JoelH5

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on April 26, 2022, 03:18:35 PM

they have players out

JoelH5

Quote from: rebel on April 26, 2022, 04:15:47 PM
I want the best teams to go up, Bournemouth has been ridiculously lucky to be where they are.
They aren't in the best 3 teams in the league. It's a ridiculous stance to want the 'weakest teams' go up so we can survive next season.

Why is it ridiculous? I'm sure you'll say we should "concentrate on ourselves" but surely any extra help is welcomed?

rebel

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 26, 2022, 04:20:37 PM

Why is it ridiculous? I'm sure you'll say we should "concentrate on ourselves" but surely any extra help is welcomed?

It's a just a false sense for security, we are better then 3 other teams, so we form that mini league at the bottom. Sometimes it's becomes a 'self fulfilling prophecy', something you can't snap out of. The media will expect us to be near the bottom, other teams fans will expect us to be near the bottom, I'm not prepared to think like that. 

Rupert

By any measure you care to go by, other than personal prejudice, Bournemouth are currently the second best team in the division. The table does not lie. So, by your own criteria, you want them in the top flight next season. Even if they get pipped by Forest or whoever, they would be third, and still, by your criteria, you want them in the top flight. They may still beat us to the top slot, especially if we throw games in the hope they help others catch Bournemouth. Calling them ridiculously lucky is your personal prejudice speaking, not a fact. And, as Napoleon said, do not tell me if a general is good, tell me if he is lucky. So luck is not a bad trait.

My reasoning is, if Parker really is weak, as many on here have as a basic pillar of their faith, then why not have him as an opponent next season? I suspect a few of his haters are worried that he will have learned from last season and might actually do better than us, which would leave the haters in pieces. If you think he would be a dangerous opponent (and we have not beaten him yet, have we? Two draws, remember) then your desire to see him fail makes more sense.

As for it being ridiculous to hope we have poorer teams in the division than us next season, we'll, each to his own. Possibly you enjoy the yo-yo status we currently have. Me? I'd rather see us establish ourselves for another decade or so on the Premier League, and maybe have another crack at Europe in a few years.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.