more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hughes on signings, Fighting talk from Stockdale

Started by os5889, January 03, 2011, 12:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

From the FFC facebook font of knowledge

Stockdale: "I've got a chance to fill Mark's [Schwarzer] boots whilst he's away on international duty. Hopefully I can do more than just fill his boots and try to keep hold of the shirt. Mark is a very patriotic person and we've had many a discussion over the Ashes. He wants to play for his country and I want to play for Fulham so it worked out quite well. I won't be letting him back in easy!"

Hazey

Good to hear he has a bit of mongrel about him and fire in the belly to succeed.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Tom

Great to hear! That is the kind of attitude he needs to have.
Fulham for life!

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

os5889

Mark Hughes: "We need to bring in players that will go straight in to the Team. It's not about players with potential, it's the here and now we are dealing with. We are a Team with good players but we just lack a bit of presence at times in the opposition box. If we can find that [player] to go alongside the good players that we already have, then we are a decent Team."

os5889

Mark Hughes: "Clint Dempsey has done a great job for me, but in fairness, it's not his natural position [up front]. He's done a hell of a job for the Team and he's a very viable option for us. Mousa Dembele should be available on Tuesday, or if not, this weekend against Peterborough. Bobby Zamora will also be back in February."

SmithyFFC

Quote from: os5889 on January 03, 2011, 04:12:23 PM
Mark Hughes: "We need to bring in players that will go straight in to the Team. It's not about players with potential, it's the here and now we are dealing with. We are a Team with good players but we just lack a bit of presence at times in the opposition box. If we can find that [player] to go alongside the good players that we already have, then we are a decent Team."

I hope this means he's got one or two players lined up.
FTID

finnster01

Reading between the lines this statement sounds like a manager who has a couple of names already all lined up.  :045:

Maybe I am reading too much into it though. Maybe I should just stick to the old tea leaves?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BalDrick

'...we just lack a bit of presence at times in the opposition box. If we can find that [player] to go alongside...'

As the word player is in square brackets that means Hughes didn't actually say it - what he did say is 'we just lack a bit of presence at times in the opposition box. If we can find that to go alongside'. So effin what I hear you say. Well he's after presence in the box, which does not necessarily mean a player but could quite equally mean some players.

Which is nice.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town