https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Controversial

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 03, 2022, 01:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Solanke playing for Fuham next season

JoelH5

No thanks. Wouldn't work well with Mitro. Too similar just not as good.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Bassey the warrior

Not happening. We should go in for Teemu Pukki. Could be a better version of the Zamora-Andy Johnson link up and he could be a great super sub.

FFC1987

Why? Not sure how it strengthens us to be honest.

Nick Bateman

Overrated. Only the idiots who picked 3 Bournemouth players in the Championship team of the season and left out Fabio Carvalho would think he is any good.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 03, 2022, 02:02:32 PM

I like Pukki.... clever player

South Coast White

Pukka, not exactly banging them in this season, we must find better.

FFC1987

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 03, 2022, 02:10:51 PM

I do too, but I thought we were talking about Pukki? Also, not sure how he starts in our side though with Mitrovic.

MikeTheCubed

Cost Bournemouth a reported ~£19 million. If they failed to achieve promotion and were consequently looking to sell they'd ask for significantly more than that.

Too big a risk for a player with 4 Premiership goals to his name who'm we may struggle to accommodate with Mitro in the current system.

LC

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 03, 2022, 02:26:19 PM

I do too, but I thought we were talking about Pukki? Also, not sure how he starts in our side though with Mitrovic.

He wouldn't start, but a lot of people seem to presume that we only need 1 main striker for the season and that we won't pick up injuries. We basically need to decide if Muniz is the backup striker next season

FFC1987

Quote from: LC on May 03, 2022, 02:54:58 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 03, 2022, 02:26:19 PM

He wouldn't start, but a lot of people seem to presume that we only need 1 main striker for the season and that we won't pick up injuries. We basically need to decide if Muniz is the backup striker next season

I meant Solanke....I thought we were talking about Solanke not Pukki.

As for this, the problem really, is you don't sign the likes of Pukki and Solanke to be bench warmers or rotation players. Too expensive on both transfer and wages. We'd do well to bring in say Lucas Joao or even loan in someone like Obifemi to give them the step up and would be great to play cups and rotate when Mitro isn't fit or needing a rest. Solanke and Puki arent those players.

For what its worth, I think we need 3 capable strikers but not as strong and budget consuming as these 3 would be.

Ruislip White

Solanke in an excellent striker.  To score 29 goals in Scott Parker team, where he would have been deprived of service is a hell of an achievement.
We now have the luxury of considering proven premier league strikers, so there is no reason to consider those that don't fall into this category.

ZM15

Ben Brereton is a better option for us in my opinion.

bobby01

Quote from: ZM15 on May 04, 2022, 06:12:53 AM
Ben Brereton is a better option for us in my opinion.

:plus one:Can play all three across the top.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

wback

We're not going to change shape. We need a better option at LW + LB and more pace in midfield. Gotta get even more service to the big man.

Twig

Quote from: wback on May 04, 2022, 11:22:59 AM
We're not going to change shape. We need a better option at LW + LB and more pace in midfield. Gotta get even more service to the big man.

Agree, these are the top priorities.

HV71

Could not agree more

rebel

If we are talking about Championship strikers, Andreas Weimann had a good season in struggling team, goals and assists.
Played for Villa in the Prem, I'd say he's a better player now.

blingo

Quote from: HV71 on May 04, 2022, 12:44:04 PM

Could not agree more

We need at least one centre back too.

bobby01

Quote from: blingo on May 04, 2022, 03:49:19 PM
Quote from: HV71 on May 04, 2022, 12:44:04 PM

Could not agree more

We need at least one centre back too.

We. Need a centre back more than any other position, I would like to see Harry in Fabio role
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.