watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Notts Forest

Started by shepperton white, May 06, 2022, 04:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shepperton white

Just read the report on the Greek feller who owns Forrest, and I have to say he has a good point.  As we know to own cost a fair few penalty decisions have gone against us this last season.  The championship would be a lot fairer with VAR and better officials.  We had the benefit of parachute payments, but for the rest it needs a much fairer share of the TV money

Finnans Right Peg

Think var has ruined the game and it stills gets thing wrong.The thing I liked this season was when there was a goal if the linesmans flag didn't go up you knew it was safe to celebrate

Kingjay81

Personally hate VAR and have enjoyed this season so much more without it.

For armchair fans I'm sure it's great but when you're in a stadium and your team have just scored a 90th minute winner and you can't celebrate just incase it gets ruled out as our strikers fingertip is offside? It's terrible

MartyFFC

If they had VAR then Forest would've been awarded a penalty in the first half against Bournemouth, which quite possibly could've resulted in them winning the match and securing promotion and the 200 million quid that comes with it. Absolutely the championship must have it

Sting of the North

Quote from: MartyFFC on May 06, 2022, 08:08:46 PM
If they had VAR then Forest would've been awarded a penalty in the first half against Bournemouth, which quite possibly could've resulted in them winning the match and securing promotion and the 200 million quid that comes with it. Absolutely the championship must have it

If they had VAR forest's goal against us would have been disallowed for the push on Williams... can't pick and chose...

Craven Mad

I think VAR is a good thing, but the way VAR is currently used is very poor.

A better-implementation of VAR would have my full support. In its current form, it ruins a lot of the joy of the game.

davew

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 06, 2022, 08:48:41 PM

A better-implementation of VAR would have my full support. In its current form, it ruins a lot of the joy of the game.
Not sure why it has not worked as it should have, I thought VAR stood for video analysis review by a video assistant referee, but something has gone amiss!Craven Mad how would you improve the system?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 06, 2022, 08:46:23 PM

If they had VAR forest's goal against us would have been disallowed for the push on Williams... can't pick and chose...

I don't think it would of? Wouldn't that come under the clear and obvious error BS they use?

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 06, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

I don't think it would of? Wouldn't that come under the clear and obvious error BS they use?

Maybe so, but it look clear as day to me, so I'm working under the assumption the ref missed it. Anyway, my point was that you cannot pick and chose just because it went against you in an important game. But maybe they have complained all season, even when they have been on the other end.

Personally I am all for VAR even if they are seemingly incredibly incompetent at using it. I am sure we would have benefitted greatly this year, had we had it.

Craven Mad

Quote from: davew on May 06, 2022, 08:56:38 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on May 06, 2022, 08:48:41 PM

Not sure why it has not worked as it should have, I thought VAR stood for video analysis review by a video assistant referee, but something has gone amiss!Craven Mad how would you improve the system?

A challenge system like tennis: each side gets three opportunities during a game to 'challenge' a decision (specifying the exact moment and claim) and have the VAR review the incident for an obvious refereeing error; if the challenge/check proves the ref is wrong, the team keeps that 'challenge' and the decision is overturned. Challenges can only be used when the ball goes out of play (ie to stop tactical pauses in play).

It'd help keep the ref honest (as a VAR would still be in place, when called upon), would stop the incessant checks for everything after any contentious moment (as exists under the current use of VAR), and teams wouldn't have the incentive to use challenges too flippantly as they may want to ensure they have enough challenges for goal-related-challenges late in the game.

Other than that, VAR should not be used or consulted.

That's my suggestion; feel free to ridicule and/or share with UEFA, as you see fit.

Mince n Tatties

It's Nottingham Forest not Notts🤫
It's  Notts County.

KJS

VAR is not the problem the people that sit and analyse it are

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 06, 2022, 09:33:02 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 06, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Maybe so, but it look clear as day to me, so I'm working under the assumption the ref missed it. Anyway, my point was that you cannot pick and chose just because it went against you in an important game. But maybe they have complained all season, even when they have been on the other end.

Personally I am all for VAR even if they are seemingly incredibly incompetent at using it. I am sure we would have benefitted greatly this year, had we had it.

Yes, should of said, I agree with the sentiment here, was just highlighting the issues I have with VAR or more specifically, ref's creating BS rules for VAR.

bobby01

Quote from: KJS on May 07, 2022, 07:09:01 AM
VAR is not the problem the people that sit and analyse it are

This is correct, John Moss I believe is now in charge of var, he couldn't keep up with the game in real time before he retired. As long as ex refs control the decision making with no real accountability as they have there own old boys club and look after each other. The people in charge of Var should not be refs who will always favour their peers but independent assessors.
Even us shabby mob can see if contact is made or not or if a foul is in or out of the area, it's not rocket science.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

jarv

VAR?  hate it.  Goal line technology? Love it. The difference VAR is still open to interpretation. Just let the ref do his job and linesmen....get the flag up right away. Dont wait until someone, when clearly offside, gets clattered into the crowd when the game could have been stopped some time back.

Andy S

Players will always cheat if they think they can get away with it. There should be more bookings for simulation. Referees should be assessed after each game and their figures published for all to see within 24 hours. Refs would want to be as high as they could and ensure they made the right decision. The problem is it would be used as a stick to hit the poor old referee with.

Andy S

The offside law should be when a player is seeking an unfair advantage, not a finger or a hand

WhiteJC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 07, 2022, 06:23:11 AM
It's Nottingham Forest not Notts🤫
It's  Notts County.

well said mince, having moved to Nottingham I think Notts Forest would be akin to Fulham Park Rangers

MartyFFC

I have a Forest supporting mate who goes into a rage if anyone calls them Notts Forest; even more so Notts Forrest, which is presumably a conflation with Forrest Gump

Blawarmy

We would have got to a hundred goals weeks ago with all the penalties not given and Mitro probably would have over 50 goals