more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal contribution by player

Started by ImperialWhite, January 03, 2011, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

Goal contribution by player

Inspired by finnster and MJG in the Simon Davies thread, I've calculated the % contribution by each player - bearing in mind goals and assists. Each goal has an assist, so the sum total contribution will be 200% (divide each score by 2, if that bothers you! - but then bear in mind that in this case even if a player scored every single goal, his score would only be 50%). I've put in order of percentage and then by goals scored.

Player        Goals Assists Percentage
Dempsey    5       2         36.8%
Dembele    2       2          21.1%
Baird         2       1         15.8%
Davies      1       2           15.8%
Gera         1       2          15.8%
Hangeland  2       0         10.5%
Kamara     2       0          10.5%
Zamora     1       1           10.5%
Salcido      0       2          10.5%
Hughes     1       0           5.3%
Etuhu       1       0           5.3%
OG           1      n/a         5.3%
Murphy     0        1          5.3%
Duff         0        1          5.3%

MJG

Whatever you think of either etuhu and Murphy helping to get goals is not one.

ImperialWhite

Shows how badly we're scoring when someone who's only played a handful of times (6 times) is in second place.

YankeeJim

They haven't done any better then Og. Isn't he a Nethanderal?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Bilet

That A.Johnson is yet to be involved in a goal is nothing less then shocking? Been involved far more than Dembele...

finnster01

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 03, 2011, 09:47:47 PM
Yes he is. We signed him from Stoke I believe.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

YankeeJim

Quote from: finnster01 on January 03, 2011, 09:49:53 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on January 03, 2011, 09:47:47 PM
Yes he is. We signed him from Stoke I believe.

:005:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

finnster01

Quote from: Bilet on January 03, 2011, 09:48:46 PM
That A.Johnson is yet to be involved in a goal is nothing less then shocking? Been involved far more than Dembele...
Actually I believe that is a very good point Mr Bilet. Didn't think of that, but lets just say I am not in the big camp that thinks AJ or any other Johnson will come around. We can all wait for both of the Johnson brothers to show up until the cows come home, but it all will be in vain. The time to act is NOW whilst we are still a Premiership side. Get the Bendtner

ImperialWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on January 03, 2011, 09:55:07 PM
Actually I believe that is a very good point Mr Bilet. Didn't think of that, but lets just say I am not in the big camp that thinks AJ or any other Johnson will come around. We can all wait for both of the Johnson brothers to show up until the cows come home, but it all will be in vain. The time to act is NOW whilst we are still a Premiership side. Get the Bendtner

Whether you think AJ will come good or not (I think he will) we still need another striker. We have a chronic over reliance on Bobby Zamora, which is why we are in such a bad way now - his contribution last season was 35.9%!

I did the sums, and in the 11 games Zamora didn't play in the league last season, the points return is so poor (~0.8 points per game) that if you extrapolate to the number of games without Zamora this season, we'd still in the relegation zone. Hodgson or no Hodgson.

os5889

Quote from: finnster01 on January 03, 2011, 09:55:07 PM

Black and white Johnson this year have been about as lethal as a jelly bullet

Bilet

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 03, 2011, 10:02:22 PM
Whether you think AJ will come good or not (I think he will) we still need another striker. We have a chronic over reliance on Bobby Zamora, which is why we are in such a bad way now - his contribution last season was 35.9%!

I did the sums, and in the 11 games Zamora didn't play in the league last season, the points return is so poor (~0.8 points per game) that if you extrapolate to the number of games without Zamora this season, we'd still in the relegation zone. Hodgson or no Hodgson.

Just shows what Hughes' priorities should be in the transfer window. We need a Zamora like player...therefore I'm quite happy being linked to players like Morison and Bothroyd who can do the kind of hold up play we now lack.

The point stats also shows that this isn't something new...the lack of Zamora is just ever present...replacing him won't be easy, but hope at least Hughes takes a chance over a player he think can fit in his system...

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Bilet on January 03, 2011, 10:11:38 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 03, 2011, 10:02:22 PM

Just shows what Hughes' priorities should be in the transfer window. We need a Zamora like player...therefore I'm quite happy being linked to players like Morison and Bothroyd who can do the kind of hold up play we now lack.

The point stats also shows that this isn't something new...the lack of Zamora is just ever present...replacing him won't be easy, but hope at least Hughes takes a chance over a player he think can fit in his system...

Article in full... (Shameless plug! Apologies, but the statistic is really useful I think. IMO, it shows that sacking Hughes would be a bit silly, and possibly reckless.)

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/without-zamora/

Incidentally, after the Stoke and Spurs games, Hughes and Hodgson's points per game return is now virtually identical - 0.818 and 0.818 respectively.

SmithyFFC

Wow, I've critised Clint a lot this season, never realised how effective he has actaully been!
FTID

Mr Fulham

Bairds indirect free kick goes down as an assist to Andy Johnson.

In addition, your second sentence is not correct:
Dembele was involved in 10 Barclays Premier League matches (played 825 minutes), AJ was involved in 11 Barclays Premier League matches (played only 618 minutes). Adding to that, AJ came back from a long-term injury.

finnster01

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 03, 2011, 11:04:56 PM

That is about as involved as I was in that play watching it on the screen from the States

ImperialWhite

Dembele was involved in 10 Barclays Premier League matches (played 825 minutes), AJ was involved in 11 Barclays Premier League matches (played only 618 minutes). Adding to that, AJ came back from a long-term injury.

Football-lineups didn't count it as an assist:
http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Fulham/FA_Premier_League_2010-2011/Stats/

Mr Fulham

Quote from: finnster01 on January 03, 2011, 11:08:36 PM

That is about as involved as I was in that play watching it on the screen from the States

Statistics are statistics.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 03, 2011, 11:16:34 PM

Football-lineups didn't count it as an assist:
http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Fulham/FA_Premier_League_2010-2011/Stats/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9306533.stm

finnster01

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 03, 2011, 11:18:38 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on January 03, 2011, 11:08:36 PM

Statistics are statistics.
And interpretations are what you make of them mate  :011:

If we call that an assist I was instrumental in participating in the US Census that will set up the new election district borders even though I am not a US citizen and can't vote.