https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa: Merged

Started by perry geyton, May 12, 2022, 03:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Radiowhite on May 12, 2022, 04:05:27 PM
He is a quality player
Not a description I would use when it comes to how he plays for us, poor mans Paul Pogba, appears to think he is better than his team mates but unlike Pogba he isn't!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

love4ffc

I have never been impressed with Anguissa.  As others have said he never really looked like he cared.  I would think that now would be a good time for the club and him to part ways. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 12, 2022, 05:12:10 PM
My mate Alfredo = I read somewhere on the internet that Anguissa refused to play but I can't remember where.... 
Yes i know quite a lot of Italians here in Los Angeles, does it seem that strange to you

H4usuallysitting

He's 26... I think Silva likes him... If Silva likes him - I like him

The Rock

Agree I think he's capable of being a top player, and agree we haven't really seen it.

For his mold he is a bit like Moussa Dembele, but you can't play off of him and he isn't solid enough to be a leader, and that's the difference. He is a follower and will never make it in our side because of it I think.

He is a soldier, not a general, and any additions to the squad need to be generals.

AnOldBrownie

Would welcome him back.

As long as we don't try to pair him in a starting 11 with Seri and Ruben Loftus-Cheek we should be fine.   Really need to figure out

Reed+Anguissa+ (Fabio replacement)...I don't see Anguissa being the week player in that midfield.

I really doubt he returns though. (I thought the same thing about Seri last season)

Quote from: The Rock on May 12, 2022, 06:54:15 PM

He is a soldier, not a general, and any additions to the squad need to be generals.

I agree with this.    Anguissa (imo) comes across as a talented footballer who won't take over a game...but can be a solid starting player.   Even if we keep Anguissa we're going to need two better midfield options than we had the last time we were in the prem.   

If we sell Anguissa, imo we need 3 starting midfielders.    Seri isn't prem quality as a holding mid or a #8 imo.

HV71

He divides opinion - but not defences. There is a very good footballer in there - he has skill, the physique  - but where is the impact on the game? I never witnessed any telling impact or control over a game. Just don't get him . If Silva wants him back - then fine and will get behind him and try to forget the past ( nothing much to remember so should be pretty straightforward)

EN1 FFC

It's the old saying if the buyer won't pay the agreed amount, you don't sell unless we can get a better player for the price of the transfer fee. Give me suggestions who we could get for £15m to take his place.

According to Transfermarkt his market value has gone up to £27.5m since we bought him in 2018 for our record fee of £22.4m so Napoli would be getting a bargain, both Juve and Roma have been reported as wanting him.

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on May 12, 2022, 08:24:21 PM
He divides opinion - but not defences. There is a very good footballer in there - he has skill, the physique  - but where is the impact on the game? I never witnessed any telling impact or control over a game. Just don't get him . If Silva wants him back - then fine and will get behind him and try to forget the past ( nothing much to remember so should be pretty straightforward)

Great summary.

70sPimlico

Quote from: perry geyton on May 12, 2022, 06:25:24 PM
My mate Alfredo = I read somewhere on the internet that Anguissa refused to play but I can't remember where.... 
Yes i know quite a lot of Italians here in Los Angeles, does it seem that strange to you

Do they know Alfredo, or are they from a separate crowd?

blingo

If Napoli came in with a serious bid, would it be "an offer we can't refuse?"

Blawarmy

Quote from: legana on May 12, 2022, 05:49:15 PM
Prior to this season, I think the notion that Seri would play for us again probably wouldn't have gone down too well either. Also, I am sure Silva did involve Anguissa prior to his Napoli move. I think we need to remember that players aren't necessarily fans and there may be other reasons why the club agreed the move, such as to reduce wages, etc.

I thought Silva said he was hoping he'd stay

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: 70sPimlico on May 12, 2022, 09:37:54 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on May 12, 2022, 06:25:24 PM

Do they know Alfredo, or are they from a separate crowd?

lol!

Sgt Fulham

I cam think of only one occasion where he ever positively impacted the result and that was Leicester away. Good footballer but next to zero impact as HV71 has already said. I'd rather we move ok than try yet again.

Cambridge Away

If he was such a great player how come he warmed our bench for a large part of the season?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 12, 2022, 06:26:39 PM

If Silva put his head in a Lions mouth would you  ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 13, 2022, 03:16:11 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 12, 2022, 06:26:39 PM

If Silva put his head in a Lions mouth would you  ?

currently YES
3 weeks into the season if we haven't got any points they'll be throwing him to the lions

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: perry geyton on May 12, 2022, 03:25:28 PM
That Anguissa might come back,,,,,

I don't think Napoli wanna fork out for him as he's been largely a let down

Surely he won't come back for a third time
I hope not, he has shown his true colours, a big time charlie with no accomplishments except looking completely disinterested as though he is doing us a favour, but doesn't want to rough it in the English championship, will let others do it for him, he is not team man, he dies not play within the framework of the team, he does not punch his weight.
One of the reasons why we went down twice with a soft underbelly belly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Quote from: Cambridge Away on May 13, 2022, 01:33:19 AM
If he was such a great player how come he warmed our bench for a large part of the season?

He started 31 games in the Premier League last season. Whatever your opinion of him he definitely wasn't a bench warmer.

Sting of the North

This could have been a thread about Seri a year ago. Many posters forget very quickly.

Also, what does it mean to have a positive impact on a result? Is it only goals and assists? Or is it something just arbitrarily used against players we don't like?