https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you are interested, Huddersfield v Luton tonight

Started by rebel, May 13, 2022, 06:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

The Rock

Well that's that then.

I'd like to see Luton Town get promoted. 1. They would likely go straight back down (instead of us?) and 2. Really come a long way and makes a great cinderella story.

SP

Love the atmosphere the play-off games generate.

Cookie6262

Should have been pen to Huddersfield after 8 seconds ref bottled it

Grassy Noel

Wow. Penalty denied  by ref after first 30 seconds.

SP

davew

Not interested (lol), busy consuming sun and sangria in Alicante! The play off final will be of interest though, Huddersfield vs ?????
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tabby

Well, the ref also missed a pen on the other end, so he is evenhandedly bad at least.

Cookie6262

Even more of a pen not given to Luton ref is hilarious

Great game 1-1

Grassy Noel

You can blame the ref but both incidents were breakaways and he was far from the action each time. Under my much needed rule amendment neither incident would have even ⁰happened i.e.if all outfield players were hand-cuffed behind their backs.

love4ffc

Ref is par for the Championship.  I'm not convinced the first one was a penality but do think the Luton was a penality and if VAR had been involved it would have been given. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Whitestone

Quote from: love4ffc on May 13, 2022, 08:48:32 PM
Ref is par for the Championship.  I'm not convinced the first one was a penality but do think the Luton was a penality and if VAR had been involved it would have been given. 

Robert Jones is a Premier League referee. Have to disagree about the pens. Thought the first was a pen which VAR would have confirmed. Initially thought the second was too but replays show it wasn't IMO.

rebel

A penalty is a penalty regardless of when it is in the match, Ref etc should have spotted it.

The nonsense around I won't give that, because I didn't give the other one is just stupid.

toshes mate

Not convinced either 'penalties' should have been given even with VAR.  Luton held their own first half but the visitors were superior after that.  However, I think Luton will cause a shock second leg.  Don't know why just have one of those feelings.

bobby01

I watched the game quite prepared to turn it off, but to my surprise it was not a bad game, I still feel if either of these two go up they will come straight down, bit sorry for Luton that they suffered their injury crisis at the worst possible time.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

Really want Luton promoted as I feel it provides us with almost a local derby and a team in the Premier League that will finish below us.

Arthur

The opinions on the two penalty decisions show just how difficult it can be for a referee and even a VAR (had there been one).

Were I the VAR, I would have awarded a penalty to Huddersfield - to my mind the Luton defender is trying to make the contact with the Huddersfield player look as if it's an inadvertent tumble in the box (which, of course, he would - staying on his feet while shoving a player who is goal-side in the back would make it far easier to see the intent in his action) but the forearm into the back is entirely deliberate and of sufficient force to merit a foul.

I wouldn't have awarded Luton a penalty. As the forward runs into the penalty area, the ball veers away slightly to his left. Yet he continues to run in a straight line. As I see it, he abdicates possession when he chooses not to follow the path of the ball. He is not solely focused on shooting. His ploy is for there to be a coming together of limbs with the defender. Had the defender made a careless challenge, a penalty may have been justified. But he doesn't do anything untoward in my view, so it's a case of the Luton player being as much the cause of the collision. No foul.

HV71

Very , very good game so far. End to end Forest very quick on the break 1-0 up . Would love Johnston and Spence at Fulham

bog

Should be 0-3.  How did they do us 4-0!  :doh:

092.gif

Jules

Yeah Forest dominant so far. Sheff U lucky to just be 0-1 at the break.