watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fabio

Started by JimOG, May 23, 2022, 10:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b+w geezer

Fabio is confident, but I think in the right way. His attitude is above all whiy he has a strong chance of swimming rather than sinking.

He is irrepressible, cannot be bullied and is constantly, and intelligently, on the move, perpetually switched on, never in neutral.

And of course he can play, but so can any young player signed by a major club. The ones who don't sink have the mental side too.

f bloke

Watching from the touch lines at Motspur Park Elliott was that kid we all played with at school - the best player but really narky - visibly showing his frustration at his team mates - also a little bit selfish.  Fab was different, much more encouraging and supportive- he had a particularly close relationship with Jasper.  Now that is all down to personality which of itself doesn't particularly mean much - after all wasn't Haynes referred to as little Nark?

But if I had choice as to which one of the two I could keep - right now hands down it would be Fab - two footed, beautifully balanced, has the ability to receive on the full turn, let alone the half turn. 

Will be interesting to see if I will be of the same view 3 or 4 years down the line. They are both so young, it is difficult to predict with certainty

perry geyton

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 23, 2022, 10:26:25 AM
Never understand why you would want to be a small fish in a big pool compared to a big fish in a small pool. Like many other star Fulham kids I am fully expect Fabio to get lost somewhere along the way and end up on loan at Hibs.
It worked out wel for Harvey, I'm just fuming at the fact that they go there for knish
scavengers

Bassey the warrior

On the subject of Liverpool being cheapskates, that could come back to haunt them on Saturday: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61484664

Offered 3m Euros for Rodrygo as a 16 year old, leaves for 45m just over a year later and now he's a top top player.

ron

Quote from: Blawarmy on May 23, 2022, 10:44:27 AM
Are we running the Fulham academy or the Liverpool academy?

That really gets to me too. The Fulham Academy gets all the plaudits for finding and developing talent and then gets three pence halfpenny in transfer fees when the youngsters get scooped up by the gannets.

Sammyffc

Quote from: ron on May 26, 2022, 12:13:37 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on May 23, 2022, 10:44:27 AM
Are we running the Fulham academy or the Liverpool academy?

That really gets to me too. The Fulham Academy gets all the plaudits for finding and developing talent and then gets three pence halfpenny in transfer fees when the youngsters get scooped up by the gannets.

No sympathy at all.

Have you seen how many players we have released at youth level who are now big names ?

Look at the most recent one who plays for bayern munich.

Fulham 442

Quote from: b+w geezer on May 24, 2022, 12:41:57 PM
Fabio is confident, but I think in the right way. His attitude is above all whiy he has a strong chance of swimming rather than sinking.

He is irrepressible, cannot be bullied and is constantly, and intelligently, on the move, perpetually switched on, never in neutral.

And of course he can play, but so can any young player signed by a major club. The ones who don't sink have the mental side too.
I think he is a real talent who will go on to have a great career.  I don't think he will be a bench warmer at Liverpool, he is a major talent who will shine.  I am just so sad he won't be doing it with us.  I have to say I couldn't watch the video on the Offal, just so sorry to see him go, but I wish him all the best.  He always gave his all in a Fulham shirt for sure.

RaySmith

Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 26, 2022, 04:59:50 PM

I think he is a real talent who will go on to have a great career.  I don't think he will be a bench warmer at Liverpool, he is a major talent who will shine.  I am just so sad he won't be doing it with us.  I have to say I couldn't watch the video on the Offal, just so sorry to see him go, but I wish him all the best.  He always gave his all in a Fulham shirt for sure.

0001.jpeg

HV71

+1

FFC1987

Quote from: HV71 on May 26, 2022, 05:26:42 PM

+1

To the OG of this and the plus 1's, out of interest, who do you see him start in front of next season if we presume they have the same squad?

Fulham 442

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 26, 2022, 05:30:33 PM

+1

To the OG of this and the plus 1's, out of interest, who do you see him start in front of next season if we presume they have the same squad?
I just think he will get some game time and not be a permanent bench warmer...Just my opinion of course...

FFC1987

Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 26, 2022, 05:44:02 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 26, 2022, 05:30:33 PM

+1

I just think he will get some game time and not be a permanent bench warmer...Just my opinion of course...

Sure, I'd like that to be the case, but I'm scratching my head at who he replaces in starting line up to be honest. I see him as squad depth at best really.

Dunstable Fulham

He has been true class this season and we will really miss him.
I think he will get game time at Liverpool next season and be properly established by the end of next season.
I wish him all the best for the future.
I also think it's another example of Parker's negativity an safety first that he didn't play him until we were relegated in the previous season. From what I have seen this season he should have been coming off the bench and contributing from Christmas onwards. We were relying on Cavand BDR together with Lookman and the guy that came in on loan from France - none of them in Fabios class.

HV71

Love him - hate him it doesn't matter Klopp isn't afraid of introducing youth . He knows his incredibly potent strike force is ageing , likely to increasingly suffer from injuries and may well have spells away at the ACON. He will probably therefore give Fabio chances to prove himself.