more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fabio

Started by JimOG, May 23, 2022, 10:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimOG

From Lverpool FC

"Liverpool FC can confirm Fabio Carvalho will join the club this summer.

The 19-year-old forward will officially complete a switch to the Reds on July 1.

Carvalho played a key role in Fulham's promotion back to the Premier League in 2021-22, scoring 10 goals and providing eight assists in 36 games as Marco Silva's side won the Championship title.

He had featured for the Cottagers in the top flight on four occasions in the previous season, marking his first Premier League start with a goal away at Southampton in May 2021.

An exciting talent born in the Lisbon region of Portugal, Carvalho made his debut for Portugal U21s in March of this year having previously represented England at youth level.

Carvalho came through the academy ranks at Fulham and went on to make 44 senior appearances in total for the London club.

Sgt Fulham

Best of luck Fabio, thanks for bringing the magic this season. His contributions to our promotion cannot be underestimated, and he should get a warm welcome whenever he returns to the Cottage.

Lighthouse

Never understand why you would want to be a small fish in a big pool compared to a big fish in a small pool. Like many other star Fulham kids I am fully expect Fabio to get lost somewhere along the way and end up on loan at Hibs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Still mourning this move, he's earned it but so annoying we can't retain our young talent.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 23, 2022, 10:26:25 AM
Never understand why you would want to be a small fish in a big pool compared to a big fish in a small pool. Like many other star Fulham kids I am fully expect Fabio to get lost somewhere along the way and end up on loan at Hibs.

Why? Fabio is the first player out of the academy that I think will go on to be world class. He has so many aspects to his game that you just can't teach and if he stays injury free he's going to the very top. Talent wise Elliot was up there as well but he's got rocks for brains and that'll hold him back.

Surlyc

I wish Fabio all the best. He played very well this season and deserves to play at a higher level. I hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle at Anfield and becomes the player most of us think he can be.

Jamie88

I would usually agree with that sentiment, but on this occasion I think Fabio will go on to be a genuine top player

WhiteJC

SG

Call me small minded, petty, childish, bitter etc etc but once he leaves our magnificent club I couldn't give a sh1t how he gets on

Blawarmy

Are we running the Fulham academy or the Liverpool academy?

JimOG

Quote from: Blawarmy on May 23, 2022, 10:44:27 AM

Understand the sentiment...how much would Elliott and Fabio fetch if they were available? £40mill or more? As someone on here said astutely last week Liverpool are very good at the business side of things

DevonFFC

Quote from: SG on May 23, 2022, 10:43:57 AM
Call me small minded, petty, childish, bitter etc etc but once he leaves our magnificent club I couldn't give a sh1t how he gets on

I agree, he could of helped us out a lot more in a way of signing a contract with a buy out clause in there. Yes he played we to the end but he was only benefiting himself for experience anyhow

FFC1987

Genuinely gutted about this. It's why sadly, I think we'll continue to probably be a bit of a yoyo club. Having Fabio next season would of been massive for us. Even one more season. But now we're losing a pivotal member of our successful team and asking a new player to come in and gel in a really important role.

Sting of the North

Quote from: DevonFFC on May 23, 2022, 10:48:40 AM
Quote from: SG on May 23, 2022, 10:43:57 AM

I agree, he could of helped us out a lot more in a way of signing a contract with a buy out clause in there. Yes he played we to the end but he was only benefiting himself for experience anyhow

He obviously wasn't only benefiting himself, as he helped the team a lot.

Whitestone

It's very disappointing news but totally expected. Good luck Fabio.
More importantly the club need to review the Fabio situation  and try to find a way to prevent the drain of our best talent in future. Silva seemed to suggest that had he arrived at the club sooner we may have had a different outcome.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: JimOG on May 23, 2022, 10:47:43 AM
Quote from: Blawarmy on May 23, 2022, 10:44:27 AM

Understand the sentiment...how much would Elliott and Fabio fetch if they were available? £40mill or more? As someone on here said astutely last week Liverpool are very good at the business side of things
the system is flawed which allows the bigger clubs to take advantage of the smaller clubs right down through the league's. There needs to be a bigger risk for the bigger clubs attached to taken a player at a young age and the rule about a players first contract can only be 2 years needs changing.

The Cravenette

Villa benefited massively from Grealish staying with them and then getting 100 million for him. That is never going to happen with Fulham as players are just not committed enough to stay and so we get peanuts for them.

Good luck to Fabio though

Cambridge Pete

Sad to see him go, but wish him all the best. Once again we lose a potentially top quality player for peanuts. Unfortunately the system allows bigger clubs to garner the better prospects, as we have with some of our youth players. I hope he has a great career (except when he plays us)

Cornishnick

Don't overlook the 20% sell on clause, could be a good payday later

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 23, 2022, 10:31:01 AM

Why? Fabio is the first player out of the academy that I think will go on to be world class. He has so many aspects to his game that you just can't teach and if he stays injury free he's going to the very top. Talent wise Elliot was up there as well but he's got rocks for brains and that'll hold him back.
THIS ^^ And his professionalism (bear in mind he is still only 19) reflects very well on him IMO
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.