watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Huddersfield vs Nottingham forest

Started by Thailand Mick, May 28, 2022, 10:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

So I guess at the start of next season the four relegation favourites are Forrest, Bournmouth, Fulham, Burnley.
Can't wait for the season to get underway and to see us lift ourselves up to a nice mid table position.
But before that we have a lot of work to do in the transfer market. Come on TK, finger out.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on May 29, 2022, 10:02:12 PM
So I guess at the start of next season the four relegation favourites are Forrest, Bournmouth, Fulham, Burnley.
Can't wait for the season to get underway and to see us lift ourselves up to a nice mid table position.
But before that we have a lot of work to do in the transfer market. Come on TK, finger out.
Burnley? You mean relegated to League One?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Thailand Mick

You know from the op that I wanted Huddersfield to win but congratulations to forest. I thought the fans created a great atmosphere although the game was a poor afare dominated by the defences. I didn't think either team was better than the other and don't think either of the keepers had a save to make. Regarding the penalty shouts I was ok with the first decision, I think the Huddersfield player put his leg out looking for the contact then strangely withdrew it a bit which resulted in less contact than would have been. For me the on field decision like in cricket when not an obvious error was correct. The second penalty for me was 100% stone wall, the defender went down the back of his calf bringing him down and not touching the ball. I think if the penalty had been given and scored we would have been looking at a penalty shoot out because neither team looked like scoring from open play.

rebel

Notts Forest will have to improve loads, their strength is their manager.

Huddersfield were content on defending, offered little going forward.

I'm not sure a Play Off final has ever been won by an own goal.

bog

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 29, 2022, 06:59:17 PM
We absolutely don't need him Neco Williams does sign for us, but Djed Spence is a very good footballer.

Irritating that we released Djed Spence.....

bog

Quote from: toshes mate on May 29, 2022, 07:07:52 PM
Thought it was a poor game overall with Forest showing a little more attacking instinct than Huddersfield's more painstaking build up even as time was running out.  I cannot understand how Forest got away with those penalty shouts.  The first VAR showed a clear contact but then they replayed the poorest view over and over to set our minds into believing the referee was right.  The second shout didn't even get to VAR - were they on a tea break? 

I can see why people buy into conspiracy theories but this wasn't a particularly spellbinding match and I congratulate Forest for the own goal success and commiserate with Huddersfield for the raw deal they got after it.  Pity it couldn't have been a match like the nine goal thriller between Wrexham and Grimsby yesterday which finished 4-5.   That was a football match.

Just a while back Wrexham won a game 6-5 after being 1-5 down! As you say proper football matches!!  :54:

PaulJ123

The Djed Spence tweet to Neil Warnock maybe shows why we released him. Good player but seems to have a real attitude/arrogance about him.

You've just won a play off final and the first thing you do is tweet an old manager just because he loaned you out? Very strange.

We Are Premier League

The Nottingham squad (minus all the loan players) must be one of the worst squads to ever been promoted, will have to do some serious transfers before next season.

Decent GK and CB's but Johnson is probably the only other player I would even like in our squad.

We Are Premier League

If you were the boss of Nottingham...

If Johnson doesn't sign a new contract, would you sell him for £30m or risk loosing him for peanuts next summer...I'm voting to keep.

bobbo

Quote from: FreiBird on May 29, 2022, 06:57:21 PM
Forest awful again today and saved by officials for the 20th time this season, dodgy owner has clearly put the pressure on a lot of people to get them up this season. Huddersfield robbed.
yep I soo agree with the robbed bit.
Years back penalties wouldn't have been given for what we saw yesterday but in todays game they were exactly what they are given for . For me it stinks.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Thailand Mick

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 30, 2022, 10:52:48 AM
The Djed Spence tweet to Neil Warnock maybe shows why we released him. Good player but seems to have a real attitude/arrogance about him.

You've just won a play off final and the first thing you do is tweet an old manager just because he loaned you out? Very strange.
the article I read the Middlesbrough fans don't want him back because of his behaviour.

Blawarmy

Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 30, 2022, 11:44:25 AM
If you were the boss of Nottingham...

If Johnson doesn't sign a new contract, would you sell him for £30m or risk loosing him for peanuts next summer...I'm voting to keep.
Was pretty comfortably marked out of the game yesterday it has to be said.

Surlyc

Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 30, 2022, 11:15:25 AM
The Nottingham squad (minus all the loan players) must be one of the worst squads to ever been promoted, will have to do some serious transfers before next season.

Decent GK and CB's but Johnson is probably the only other player I would even like in our squad.
The Forest squad reminds me a little of our squad in 2017/18. The team went on an insane run that ultimately exceeded the ability of their permanent squad -  while there's some very good talent in the squad, there are also far too many loan players that need to be signed/replaced. It's a big challenge for Cooper to try and overcome.

FFC1987

Quote from: Surlyc on May 30, 2022, 12:26:38 PM

The Forest squad reminds me a little of our squad in 2017/18. The team went on an insane run that ultimately exceeded the ability of their permanent squad -  while there's some very good talent in the squad, there are also far too many loan players that need to be signed/replaced. It's a big challenge for Cooper to try and overcome.

If Cooper achieves survival next season, after this seasons miracles, I think hes surely up for manager/achievement of the  decade. That'll be some feat.

rebel

Quote from: Nero on May 29, 2022, 06:52:21 PM
Forest with 5 players on loan they got a lot of recruitment work to do

Yep but with £170m to do it.

I'd love to know what their strategy will be,

a) buy players
b) buy / loan players
c) loan players
d) free agents / buy / loan
e) loan / free agents

There are so many ways to do it.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: rebel on May 30, 2022, 01:38:54 PM

a) buy players
b) buy / loan players
c) loan players
e) loan / free agents

Worth clarifying this figure is over 3 years, they don't have that to spend straightaway.

SG

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 30, 2022, 03:38:42 PM

a) buy players
b) buy / loan players
c) loan players
e) loan / free agents

Worth clarifying this figure is over 3 years, they don't have that to spend straightaway.

I think it is £100m minimum placement money if you come last and get relegated and then £70m parachute monies over 3 years making up the £170m

Blawarmy

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 30, 2022, 12:51:11 PM
Quote from: Surlyc on May 30, 2022, 12:26:38 PM

If Cooper achieves survival next season, after this seasons miracles, I think hes surely up for manager/achievement of the  decade. That'll be some feat.
I think if Marco keeps us up, he should get that award.

rebel

Quote from: SG on May 30, 2022, 05:00:00 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 30, 2022, 03:38:42 PM

a) buy players
b) buy / loan players
c) loan players
e) loan / free agents

I think it is £100m minimum placement money if you come last and get relegated and then £70m parachute monies over 3 years making up the £170m

£100m then they may have other funds available from player sales etc. Although they loaned in quite a few players. Our strategy
over the last 3 seasons or so has been, loan in players, buy the odd player or two. Then if it works out, buy them depending on how well we do. 

Tabby

The only players they'd be able to sell for actual money are Worral and Johnson. Doubt they'd want to sell them though.