watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Really got the Hump

Started by Peabody, January 04, 2011, 01:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I have been banned from going tonight, with all sorts of threats if I do. Just recovering from a really bad chest infection. I will be there in spirit and hope the lads can give me something to speed my recovery and I dont mean a hot drink (not at their prices anyway). Still got the hump though.

sipwell

Get well soon! I'll drink a cup of steaming hot coffee in your honour!!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

GoldCoastWhite

Sorry to hear that Peabody but I guess She Who Must Be Obeyed must be obeyed ! And we want to have you around for many more seasons yet... Have you got Sky or are you allowed to go to the pub if you wrap up well ? Good luck mate and get well soon  :045:

finnster01

Get well soon Mr Peabody. We need your comments and perspective on here Sir.  :045:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Peabody

Thanks for that but am feeling much better now. Our locals (The Palmerston and The Greyhound) tend to attract the smelly part of Fulham. I will keep in touch by here and BBC

os5889

well if it helps, Ive only made 3 games all season thanks to a slave driver at work, thankfully they resigned over xmas, a welcome return present

cebu

Get well soon, Mr Peabody. May the 3 points tonight help speed your recovery!   :beer:

The Equalizer

Quote from: Peabody on January 04, 2011, 01:32:41 PM
Thanks for that but am feeling much better now. Our locals (The Palmerston and The Greyhound) tend to attract the smelly part of Fulham. I will keep in touch by here and BBC

Assuming we mean the same pubs, when was the last time they were known by those names?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Peabody

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 04, 2011, 01:59:01 PM

Assuming we mean the same pubs, when was the last time they were known by those names?
These are two pubs in Carshalton. The Greyhound is located on The Ponds and The Palmerston is in Mill Lane.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Peabody on January 04, 2011, 02:27:28 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on January 04, 2011, 01:59:01 PM

These are two pubs in Carshalton. The Greyhound is located on The Ponds and The Palmerston is in Mill Lane.

Ah! I was thinking of pubs by Fulham Palace Road, not far from said estate...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

listen to Gentleman Jim, it is the next best thing to being there.

FatFreddysCat

Get well soon Peabody  :54:

Tom

Fulham for life!

Blingo

Better to be 100% for your return than return early and risk more time on the sidelines.
:54: :54: :54:

NogoodBoyo

Epsomsalts beat me to it, Peab.  If you can't go in person, you have to listen to GentleJim.  He's as Fulhamish, eccentric and fun as they come.
Nogood "get up you twit, being his favourite, isit" Boyo

Peabody

Thanks for all that, I am certain to be fit enough for the game on saturday. Still got the hump though.

SouthfieldWhite

Hope you feel better soon Peabody.
I know how you must feel as about 10 or so years ago i had keyhole surgery on my knee at the very posh hospital in Stanmore, i went in about 8 and was under general anastectic sp  , i woke up about 1ish midmay and my foirst thought was i had to get to Fulhams midweek game at home to Crystal Palace, i told the nurse this and she said i wasnt going no where yet, well not until id had something to eat , after getting measure for my crutches and scoffing down a sandwich, nurse said i could go home but home to put my feet up, they let me go about 5pm, my dad picked me up and time i got home it was well past 7PM,

I told the missus i was going to Fulham even though she knew i wasnt suppose to, she tried to put her foot down but i wasnt having any of it, even though i was still feeling groggy, she called my bluff and said id left it too late anyway as it was now nearly  7-30, i hobbled out the house, down the end of the road and flagged down a black cab.missed the first 15 minutes but was glad i made the effort as we won 3-1, i stood in the enclosure and paid the price the next couple of days

I thought i was better the time Saturday came, and went up to Wolves, which was another bad idea as my knee wasnt ready for that, got a bit bladdered which eased the pain, til i sobered up

Id like to same i wasnt the same player after the knee op, but probably wasnt that good before it

Anyway, stay warm and get better for Saturday

alfie

Yes stay at home mate, i made the mistake of going once with a chest infection saying can't get any worse, oh yes it can and it did, good health and life is more important that a winters night football match.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

NogoodBoyo

Help, GentileJim seems to have been sacked.
Nogood "sacking the oracle, isit" Boyo

GoldCoastWhite

How was that then Mr Peabody ? No Gentleman Jim I believe (thought it was just my computer playing up) but hopefully BBC kept you up to date. 3 points always a great tonic - and 3 goals better goal average too !